1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Snoo, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

My idea of the Strange Souvenir is that it represents the trio master of a group of side legendaries based off tikis that protect the region, as, if I recall correctly, tikis depict deities that are said to protect said tribe. Not sure how the Strange Souvenir would work, though. I would say you could use it to summon the trio master, but as stated before, you can't transfer items in Pokemon Bank. Then again, we can't transfer items FROM past (gen 5) games. Maybe we could transfer items to Sun and Moon from gen 6?

On a side note, I'd be cool with a fox or lion (Edit: As long as the lion doesn't look too much like Pyroar) mascot for Pokemon Sun and would love a wolf for Moon.

2. astarsas

astarsas Well-Known Member

I'm actually really hoping that the legendary for sun and moon are lion and moon like so:

Pokemon Sun
    Lion
    Fire/Grass

Pokemon Moon
    Wolf
    Water/Dark

I know we already have a fire lion (Pyroar) but I still think it will be awesome to have a feline vs a canine.

3. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

I like at least one legendary dragon but it would be just one of those legendary pokemon who sits in a cave or something and has nothing to do with mascots or story. Sun mascot could be Fire/Poison and Moon mascot can be Rock/Fairy.

4. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

I can see why people would dislike having old legendaries on boxarts of new generations, I'd also like to see a brand new duo/trio of main legendaries. I never really cared about Ho-oh and Lugia being in these next pair of games anyway, but they may be referenced somehow. I feel like some people wouldn't want this original duo to have any alternate forms anyway.

Actually I've heard that there hasn't been a Poison legend yet because the type itself isn't that great compared to the rest, yet we already have Ice and Rock. Maybe GF thought they didn't have the right time to debut a Poison type legend before, but I feel like this gen will be.

5. Niormon

Niormon Well-Known Member

I don't see the issue I mean we have dearling and dear Legendary so why can't we get a lion legendary as well

6. Nunn

Nunn Pokermanz Meister!

I think it's more about how Xerneas and Sawsbuck are different types. So their elemental themes makes them very different. But a fire type lion might be too similar to Pyroar.

7. Niormon

Niormon Well-Known Member

how about if its a dual type ? would that work ?

8. Nunn

Nunn Pokermanz Meister!

I think it depends on the "dominant" type. The prominent(first) type pokemon have tends to have a larger impression on their appearance. Both the hypothetical fire/grass lion, and pyroar with fire/normal have fyre as their dominant type. So I guess people worry they may be too similar.

on the other hand, Jellicent and Tentacrual are both jellyfish with the same dominant type. But they are extremely different in design. Thing is, while there are many varying species of jellyfish. There are only a few sub-species of lion that all look quite similar.

Could go either way, but I can see them making a lion with a mane of fire, sunlight or petals that looks very different, so who knows?

9. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

Do you think we'll see more event pokemon become in game with their own post game story, like deoxys kinda had (kinda since it was slightly random) or was fightign in dexoys in spce fan service for the play ground rumors and if so will deoxys not be catchable in future games?

If we do get more myhtical pokemon becoming normal I can see it being done in remakes only so when diamond and pearl is remade (either this gen or next) I think manaphy and shaymin would become catachable with their own stories, maybe darkrai too for a post game plot with giratina and cresslia

10. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

I think Arceus is a likely candidate since none of the sinnoh games had the event released. Plus Arceus relates to Giratina. However Sun and Moon are starter games of gen 7 so I wouldn't expect a mythical pokemon to be made available especially as all mythical pokemon are getting released through this year.

11. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Part of me doubts that a moon rabbit legendary pokemon would even look that good ha ha, so I hope we get something different, perhaps something humanoid representing Tsukuyomi the moon god. :3

12. FallBird

FallBird Well-Known Member

I think it would be an interesting change if Sun and Moon's main legendaries aren't enormous, overwhelming beasts like every other version. Instead, why not make them more along the lines of the legendary dogs/birds/genies, or even like the mythical Pokemon? I'm not sure this is something I'd want - but it could definitely change up the formula!

13. Dork Grump

Dork Grump Wondering Old Guy

Personally, I think that our box mascots could be summoned through the eclipse of their respective heavenly body. I seem to recall a few myths around the world say something about eclipses being gateways or glimpses into another world of some sort, but I'm no expert at it. At any rate, it'd be an interesting concept.

The mascot inspirations are kinda iffy for me. I hope that we can skip on having any dragons for our mascots, even as a trio master, because I'm so tired of dragons. However, there's usually some sort of mythical or religious inspiration behind the mascots, and I'm willing to bet we either have Greek, Japanese, Mayan, or perhaps a strange mixture of them for inspirations. I personally would love a Fire/Ice type sun wolf, but at the same time, I also feel as if A. Fire type legendaries are a bit overused too, but B. if we're talking about the sun, Fire is kind of a must. For the moon, I'd like maybe a Dark/Water type serpent of some sort. Other candidates I'd accept are a serpent or fox for the sun, or an owl for the moon.

As far as the mysterious souvenir... Not a clue. My bets are that it's actually a Pokemon similar to Lucario and Zoroark in that it's not actually a legendary but more of a mythic everyday staple of the region that's just extremely rare. My bet is that it's a grass and fairy type or a grass rock, and most likely a defensive wall kind of Pokemon.

14. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Then they would be like the regional Mew, cute little useless critters. I'm not sure that would be epic enough to represent the sun and the moon

15. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan Gay Yveltal

I agree with this change. Perhaps a more humanoid legendary (Olympians?) that the player actually interacts with much like the Champions throughout the games, and it reveals itself to be the legendary. Capturing the Legendary doesn't necessarily involve using a PokéBall, but rather by defeating it in battle the player earns its respect and it joins the team.

On the topic of having a God-like Legendary in your party, we have Arceus and Mew, two Pokemon already debated to be Pokémon creators. I think a Sun God and Moon Deity would be acceptable.

16. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

17. Tuoko

Tuoko Well-Known Member

18. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan Gay Yveltal

If this is possibly a legendary, I hope it's the Beast-God form of an Olympian Humanoid legendary figure. Perhaps the Moon God's true form?

19. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

Is the one on the left just an artist's interpretation of the potential Pokémon design? The blurry image alone is both distinct and indistinct enough for me to believe it could be a Pokemon XD

20. Tuoko

Tuoko Well-Known Member

Yeah, the one on the left is an interpretation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.