• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
I don't know about the deities, but for the game, Melemele Island and Kukui's hat hint at the other islands being named adter Red, Green and Blue-but in Hawaiin.

This exactly. The theory right now is that the other four islands will be named Hawaiian words for Red, Blue and Green. Melemele is a Hawaiian word for yellow and the pokedex previews we've seen are seperated into those four colors. Pelepele would be a good influence for the guardian of the "red" island, much as Ku was the influence for the "yellow" island.

B. Thunder Tiger

So, if i am correct "Zygarde Complete Forme" ends up getting a useless Ability, unless Power Construct has another effect which is useful on Complete Forme.

Have you seen that thing's base HP? If the rest of its stats are anything like that, it doesn't need that much of a useful ability.

Actually, after doing some more research on Zygarde, it may end up being a Legendary that you can't kill unless you used a One-Hit KO move. Why? Well, now that I think of it, and most likely this is a gigantic stretch, but perhaps Zygarde's Power Construct ability may also work backwards. Like, say when Zygarde Complete Forme goes to 50% of its total health, perhaps it devolves back to Zygarde 50% Forme, but when the latter goes into low HP itself, it returns back to Zygarde Complete, which in turn, as we already saw with Zygarde 10% Forme, its HP recovers/increases back to the value of Zygarde Complete Forme's base HP state. This, in effect, establishes some sort of endless loop of regression and evolution, never ending. This may explain why the Complete Forme has the Power Construct ability.

If this is true, Zygarde's endless loop theme may refer to the legendary Ouroboros serpent which represents infinity and immortality, not to say, it also happens the Ouroboros has a connection with alchemy as well. It goes even further with having associations to the World Serpent Jörmungandr which Zygarde 50% Forme is based on, as well having connections to the cycle of life and death, which in return was the theme with the XY Legendaries, etc. In essence, Zygarde Complete/Perfect Forme would be the first PKMN to be immortal by some degree.

I mean, imagine having a PKMN that literally can't be fainted because, via its Power Construct ability, its constantly restoring back its HP back to the base HP stat it has in Complete Forme? Zygarde would become pretty much semi immortal unless it got hit by a super effective attack that manages to deplete all its HP in one single turn before it can actually use its ability, which is highly unlikely as Zygarde is sure going to have some high defensive power/stats to back up its high HP stat, not to say it appears to be a pretty bulky PKMN in design.

Of course, its a pretty big stretch, but it would make sense as to why it has a supposedly "useless" Ability at first glance.

Last edited:

goodpeople25

Yup Zygarde still feels a bit botched to me, (I guess the apparent route of being integrated into the story is better than being a footnote though) but it was unavoidable really. Something just seems off about Zygarde in general, don't think I'll ever be able to shake it.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Yup Zygarde still feels a bit botched to me, (I guess the apparent route of being integrated into the story is better than being a footnote though) but it was unavoidable really. Something just seems off about Zygarde in general, don't think I'll ever be able to shake it.

Honestly, I feel kinda the same.
They're all like "Look 10% form! And look 100% form! And its cores are all over Alola! And one might be in Lillie's bag!" but I've honestly moved on from Zygarde, like, the forms and stuff aren't different enough to the 50% form we've had since XY to generate any real excitement for its inclusion for me. It's a shame really because 100% Zygarde seems like a beast, but if the implementation of Zygarde and all its forms had been a bit more streamlined I could probably enjoy it more.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I think even with the color themes, the guardians could be inspired by these 4 major gods.

Tapu Koko=Ku, with it's warrior theme. And a festival of battling. Also, it's the holy blood which can be related to war. And it has the feathers going on while Ku is known as a feathered god.

Kane is related to life, the sun and the sky. So maybe.

Tapu Ola (life), Tapu La (Sun) or Tapu Kana (Dawn).

Lono is related to peace, rain, music and fertility. so perhaps.

Tapu Ua (Rain), Tapu Mele (Music) or Tapu Malu/Lai (Peace).

Kanaloa is the god of the underworld and teacher of magic. So could be.

Tapu Make (dead), Tapu Kehena (Hell pretty much) or Tapu Mana (Magical.

This is a lot of assuming though. Assuming they all have "Tapu" in the name. But it's fun!

NeoDude-5000

One thing about Zygarde I'm curious about is something from this paragraph

"Zygarde monitors the Pokémon ecosystem to ensure that it’s not disrupted. Zygarde believes it has a duty to protect the ecosystem. While the power it possesses is overwhelming, this Forme contains only 50% of Zygarde’s cells. Out in the world, an equal amount of power waits to be brought together."

So does that have anything to do with the Kalos Zygarde? I've got a feeling that if you bring both Kalos and Alola Zygarde together in Sun and Moon then Zygarde will gain the Power Construct ability, since it's pretty much impossible to have 2 abilities at once. I have been suspicious about the 50% Forme getting this ability.

Also another thing to point are the cores, the 10% Forme has 1 core, the 50% Forme can have 1-5 cores (I think), and the Complete Forme has 5 cores, located in its tail and wings. I think the Kalos Zygarde has 4 cores maximum with Alola Zygarde having only 1. So by bringing both Zygarde from the 2 generations it will unlock Zygarde's Power Construct ability and of course the Complete Forme.

On a final note I think the Alola Zygarde will be at 10% Forme initially.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
the 10% Forme has 1 core, the 50% Forme can have 1-5 cores (I think)

Z10% has 1 core, and can't keep up the form for too long because of that. It works with Z50%, which is the main body. And does the jobs z50% cannot.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope that we just have to get Zygarde under 50% health and not all the way to red health. It be too risky to attempt to get it into complete form if you have to get it at red health.

knightwolf09

I hope that we just have to get Zygarde under 50% health and not all the way to red health. It be too risky to attempt to get it into complete form if you have to get it at red health.

Site does say it has to be below half.

Akashin

Their handling of Zygarde is undoubtedly unusual, but I'm going to wait until we know what the plan even is to say the plan has been botched. I mean, if botched is synonymous with not being done the same way as its ilk in the past have I suppose that's that, but I'm not going to automatically assume that going a different route was a bad call here.

Mostly, I'm just thankful that it didn't end up being casually dropped in without anything actually being done with it.

goodpeople25

That is just how it feels to me, outside of a very detailed explanation of how zygarde was handled I don't think I will ever shake the feeling that something happened in it's development or have zygarde's execution feel right, But that dosen't mean I hold it against them or that it will ever be much beyond a vauge feeling I get.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think that Zygarde should have been given a better method of turning into complete form than having to get it's health below 50%. Wouldn't do much good against ice types due to 4x weakness and water pokemon can have attacks like Ice Beam. As for new legendary pokemon, I would like at least nine in total and not three.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Your low point is the highest we have ever gotten in 1 gen? You seem to be setting your sights a bit high there. (Or you forgot 3 legends from Kalos)

I said that I want 9 legendary and not just 3 like in Kalos. I am not fond of less legendary pokemon introduced in a gen.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I said that I want 9 legendary and not just 3 like in Kalos. I am not fond of less legendary pokemon introduced in a gen.

I don't know. Nine seems far too many. Three is kinda sad though.

I think I would want ideally between 4-7. Right now we're sitting on Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna, likely Tapu Koko, and potentially Marshadow. That's 4. Then you have the other three guardians, bumping it up to 7, and Zygarde for 8. I just... really hope we don't get much more than this. DPPt, BW, and ORAS were all really bad for mass amounts of Legendaries and they just felt more like a chore after a while than an achievement.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I don't really mind the number as long as the legendaries we get are interesting. Kalos had the second least and yet I found most of them uninteresting since they were poorly developed in both the story and lore while I have stronger memories of most of Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova's bunch despite having much more since they felt like they had a place in their regions.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
The more the merrier. I like how some legends are not part of the main story. But are instead found in remote areas. And I like how NPCs here and there will give you hints about their lore which adds to the poke-universe enriching it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't know. Nine seems far too many. Three is kinda sad though.

I think I would want ideally between 4-7. Right now we're sitting on Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna, likely Tapu Koko, and potentially Marshadow. That's 4. Then you have the other three guardians, bumping it up to 7, and Zygarde for 8. I just... really hope we don't get much more than this. DPPt, BW, and ORAS were all really bad for mass amounts of Legendaries and they just felt more like a chore after a while than an achievement.

I wouldn't necessarily say nine is too many. If we get three cover Legendary Pokemon, and then three Pokemon for a trio, that's six Pokemon. Three more to make some creative Legendaries like we saw in Sinnoh and Unova would be nice. Of course, it would seem likely that we're getting a "quad" instead of a trio this time, so nine Legendary Pokemon would only leave room for two random ones.

Looking at past patterns for regions I' suspect we're actually getting 11 at the least.

1-3: Lunala, Solgaleo and Third legend (Marshadow?)
4-7: Magearna and Three Post-Launch Mythicals (Manaphy and Victini were revealed before their games came out, and had three Mythicals after them)
8-11: Tapu Koko and the Other Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.