• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

Seeing as Nature's Madness will probably be shared move between them, and Fairy is Tapu Koko's second type, I'd say Fairy for the rest of them is quite likely. I am also expecting them to resemble totem poles, even though that isn't necessarily a Hawaiiain thing as far as I know, so maybe more like Tikis? I just want them to stack :p

But I find it quite funny (and a bit disappointing) how Fairy has been around for three years... But has four more legendaries than Poison, possibly even seven. Don't get me wrong. I love Fairy, but Poison needs love.

Fairy does seem most likely. Tikis and totem poles are similar as is, so they could potentially combine the two. I think totem poles tend to feature Animals more than tikis do anyways.

Hopefully this gen Poison can finally get one(Maybe even one of the three remains guardians will end up being Poison). I'd like another Bug Legendary though too, since Genesect is the only one and it's a Mythical.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I don't know what Tapu Koko's is though アローラの守り神

Japanese word is spelled as Arora no Mamorigami, Guardian Deity(s) of Alola.

Mamorigami has been the term used of Lati-twins in the Japanese name of Movie 5, "Pocket Monsters: Mizu no Miyako no Mamori Gami - Latias to Latios ", or "Guardian Deities of City of Water: Latias & Latios".

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Fairy does seem most likely. Tikis and totem poles are similar as is, so they could potentially combine the two. I think totem poles tend to feature Animals more than tikis do anyways.

Hopefully this gen Poison can finally get one(Maybe even one of the three remains guardians will end up being Poison). I'd like another Bug Legendary though too, since Genesect is the only one and it's a Mythical.

hopefully one of the deities get a poison/fairy typing, thatd be interesting! Not sure how it'd be a nature-esque spirit but it'd be cool!

Or is the most prevalent theory that they'll be electric/fairy, grass/fairy, water or ice/fairy, and fire/fairy ??

gliscor&yanmega

Japanese word is spelled as Arora no Mamorigami, Guardian Deity(s) of Alola.

Mamorigami has been the term used of Lati-twins in the Japanese name of Movie 5, "Pocket Monsters: Mizu no Miyako no Mamori Gami - Latias to Latios ", or "Guardian Deities of City of Water: Latias & Latios".

Ah, I figured it was likely going to be "Guardian". It's kind of cool they have their own title to different themselves from other Legendaries.

hopefully one of the deities get a poison/fairy typing, thatd be interesting! Not sure how it'd be a nature-esque spirit but it'd be cool!

Or is the most prevalent theory that they'll be electric/fairy, grass/fairy, water or ice/fairy, and fire/fairy ??

Poison exist in nature so they could do something of the sort with it, either relate it to a Plant or Animal that is poisonous/venomous or even minerals.

I'd hope they make use of the Terrain Abilities so I would imagine Grass/Fairy and pure Fairy. We'd need another Terrain Ability though, plus they may come out with more than one new one so who knows, we could get one for Ground, Ice, Fire, Water, Dark, Psychic, Dragon, really any type.

I'd still like to believe they are based on the four Hawaiin deities; Kane, Ku, Lono, and Kanaloa. I'd imagine Kane being part Grass, and Kanaloa being part Water(And its mask would be a Squid or Octopus). Not sure about Lono, but maybe Normal.

Vivian

Hey, i posted this video here before, but i cant find my post, so, Ill post it again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPKq4lk1NQ If it was deleted for some reason, could someone tell me why?
Its a theory video with some really interesting theories. It says there might be a legendary that is a scorpion and tells why. I think it makes perfect sense.And if its true, it should be bug/poison or bug/dark, making those who want a bug legendary happy( i see many people complaining there isnt a bug legendary, or the only bug legendary is mythical). The scorpion would be the eclipse pokemon, making a trio with Solgaleo and Lunalla. To know why the eclipse pokemon would be a scorpion, watch the video, its a long story. It also makes connections with previous gen legendaries, and says solgaleo might be a Ho-oh enemy. It makes sense, since its likely based in the alchemy lion, wich is depicted devouring a Phoenix. Ho-oh is a phoenix pokemon, and Heartgold and soulsilver were released around 10 years ago. Or, at least, gen 4 was released around 10 years ago. It would be time for a Sinnoh remake. They wouldnt do a Hg/ss remake before a Fr/Lg remake. Also, i dont even know if they will ever make re-remakes. In gen VI, they included gen 1 starters in the game, gave them mega evolutions, and put gen 1 legendaries in the kalos games. But the way they did it was bad for legendaries. They just put bird trio there, and mewtwo, gave mewtwo 2 mega evos, and thats all, no story behind them. But since Zygarde will play a role in the Sun/moon story, even if its the post game, i can see Ho-oh and lugia apearing here, and being linked with solgaleo and lunalla. Would also be cool if they revealed the pokemon suicune, raikou and entei were before ho-oh revived them.

Julia Artemis

I totally agree with the idea that the four guardians are based off the main four Hawaiian deities. Some are saying Tapu Koko is the sky god (Kane, but I don't see this at all) I'm thinking he's more like Ku the god of war. Ku's counterpart is Lono, so thinking the next island you visit will have a ground/fairy since that would make the most sense since they are supposed to be polar opposites and that fits there. My guess than is the other two will be Ice/Fairy and Flying/Fairy. Yes usually Kanaloa is usually associated with the sea since it's usually represented by the squid or Octopus but it's also the Underworld so I can see if the take the more norse idea of hell being utterly cold and ice and water are pretty interchangeable and since Kane is usually represented by the sky I think it makes more sense to make Kanaloa an ice guardian, also there is an island with a big ice cavern so this makes sense to me.

So my probably super false theory is:

Tapu Koko (Ku) Electric/Fairy
???? (Lono) Ground/Fairy
???? (Kanaloa) Ice/Fairy
???? (Kane) Flying/Fairy

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Of course it is possible that the guardians don't share a type with each other. The Regis didn't share typing with each other. Neither did Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. But many others did share typings with each other so it might be the case again for the guardians.

Of course it is possible that the guardians don't share a type with each other. The Regis didn't share typing with each other. Neither did Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. But many others did share typings with each other so it might be the case again for the guardians.

None of what you mentioned (besides Rayquaza) had secondary types or a shared signature move though.

True but the point is that some legendary pokemon didn't share types regardless if they are single type or not.

But pretty much every every related group of legends, where they all have a secondary type, share that type, with examples being the Birds, the Swords of Justice, the Forces of Nature, the Creation Trio and the Tao Trio. And we already know another Guardian will be Fairy for Misty Terrain, and probably Nature's Madness.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
But pretty much every every related group of legends, where they all have a secondary type, share that type, with examples being the Birds, the Swords of Justice, the Forces of Nature, the Creation Trio and the Tao Trio. And we already know another Guardian will be Fairy for Misty Terrain, and probably Nature's Madness.

I know about the others. But when did info of the other guardian's and their type was confirmed? Last I checked it was only Tapu Koko.

I know about the others. But when did info of the other guardian's and their type was confirmed? Last I checked it was only Tapu Koko.

It's called educated prediction, mate. Tapu Koko has a Terrain based ability and a signature move based off of its secondary-type, not its primary, seeing as it has a much stronger electricity theme.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It's called educated prediction, mate. Tapu Koko has a Terrain based ability and a signature move based off of its secondary-type, not its primary, seeing as it has a much stronger electricity theme.

So not confirmed then? It is possible that the others share similar abilities as others have done in the past. Whether or not they share their typing is another matter.

So not confirmed then? It is possible that the others share similar abilities as others have done in the past. Whether or not they share their typing is another matter.

Misty Terrain still guarantees another Fairy-Type member, if they go for Terrain abilities. And it's going to be awkward if half the quad is Gairy and the other half isn't. I think it's blatantly obvious it's a Fairy Quad.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Misty Terrain still guarantees another Fairy-Type member, if they go for Terrain abilities. And it's going to be awkward if half the quad is Gairy and the other half isn't. I think it's blatantly obvious it's a Fairy Quad.

It's one thing to provide an educated prediction and another to use phrases such as "we already know" and "guarantees" in instances which we have been provided zero evidence.

At no point have we been told that each of the guardians will have a Terrain-based ability. That is a logical assumption, but it is unverified and doesn't justify any terms of confirmation.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

It's one thing to provide an educated prediction and another to use phrases such as "we already know" and "guarantees" in instances which we have been provided zero evidence.

At no point have we been told that each of the guardians will have a Terrain-based ability. That is a logical assumption, but it is unverified and doesn't justify any terms of confirmation.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

The fact I outright said 'guess', 'prediction' or 'I think' should clue you in that I'm using the words colloquially as synonyms to 'very likely' or 'Surely', etc, as many others before me have done. It's literally only to exaggerate my point and how likely I personally think it is. Nowhere am I claiming to know what will actually happen, and of course I know that I could be completely wrong.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
The fact I outright said 'guess', 'prediction' or 'I think' should clue you in that I'm using the words colloquially as synonyms to 'very likely' or 'Surely', etc, as many others before me have done. It's literally only to exaggerate my point and how likely I personally think it is. Nowhere am I claiming to know what will actually happen, and of course I know that I could be completely wrong.

Either it's speculation or it isn't, and creating a debate about your prediction using words like that makes you seem like you know more than you actually do.

Either it's speculation or it isn't, and creating a debate about your prediction using words like that makes you seem like you know more than you actually do.

Well I do apologise if I came across in the wrong way, seeing as it's the Internet and tone-one of the biggest indicators of meaning and intention-is lacking due to being a text based format, but I really don't see why it's such a big problem. Other people before me have slung it around, and even when proven wrong everyone just accepts it and moves along.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

I agree, with nature fury being fairy type, it'd be silly that they're not all fairy. Besides they need to catch up with Fairy legendaries.
One could argue how nature fury is like super fang and therefore stab isn't needed, but it doesn't mean that they wouldn't match the type of their signature move.

you do a lot of post policing.

XXD17

Draco rex
So according to the official site, each of zygarde's wings and its tail has a core controlling it. That means there are at least four cores (counting the head obviously). HOWEVER, if each strand counts as a wing, that means there will be at least six cores. This brings back the age old question again of how many cores there already are. In the anime, we only saw two and of two different colors.

Going off the four theory, that means there are two more cores left at least. However, there are three more colors left (white, aqua, and orange). Do you guys think we'll get two more cores or three more cores? Maybe one can control the limbs? And do you think they'll be different colors aside from red and blue?

Going off the six theory, there could potentially be ten cores (two blue wings, two red wings, tail and head, arms?, legs?) I say this because 10 is two times five. Of course it can also be eight.

The only reason I think the 10 or 5 ideas work better than the 4 or 8 ideas is because the math works better (for 10% and 50%) if the cores' number is a multiple of five.

Status
Not open for further replies.