1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Snoo, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well I wouldn't mind small box cover legendarys as long as their designs are good. I figure Gamefreak will just give us the usual big legendarys for the covers however since those make a bigger impact. ^^;

2. Niormon

Niormon Well-Known Member

its so Hard to tell it looks like some strange alien with tentacles and a giant head ( I'm pretty sure that not what it is ) everyone else Impression ?

3. Class Zero

Class Zero We have arrived.

I'd probably say 80% sure it's a bird? But honestly there's nothing else to really ascertain from the image..

4. FallBird

FallBird Well-Known Member

5. Niormon

Yeah that looks to be the case But I'm not sure how I feel about getting another Bird legendary I was hoping they would mix things up with a king of the beast type legendary ( kinda like a wolf or lion )

If that what it is My hype is out of control XD

6. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

I don't think they will ever really "mix it up" too much with the legendaries.
    There aren't so many things they could do

7. Eko2

Eko2 Member

I first noticed the image in the trailer and really wasn't sure what to make of it. I tried using the hues in Photoshop at first and with the brightness and contract ratios being changed, it appeared better in the 'green' spectrum. If it were green, making it more green would make it stand out. Although it could be any other color :]
    Hope that helps out! I am constantly lookin~

8. hydrosharp_98

hydrosharp_98 27/02/96

9. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

I hope for the event legendary (like mew/celebi/jirachi), they make it a dragon type. But a small cute one, similar to the other mythicals.

Otherwise, the mascots should definitely not be dragon. I am hoping theyre two types not used yet by legendaries too. But i really see fairy/psychic/dark being the dominant types within the legendaries this gen.

10. hydrosharp_98

hydrosharp_98 27/02/96

I agree with the sentiment. Perhaps even a Dragon legendary similar to Mewtwo in some capacity, perhaps even Giratina (the Spring was not included on the map in DPPt before you travelled there). Perhaps flesh it out with some story about it being a constantly travelling Pokémon or something.

As for the mythical Pokémon...Magearna.

11. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

Hopefully we don't have a legendary that is just handed to us like Latios/Latias. I like to hunt and battle them instead of automatic joining the party.

12. lemoncatpower

Agreed, it would be cool they put in the running around the map again for a trio, but made it so you could actually see them in the overworld and catch them.

13. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

Some ability and signature move ideas for the legendaries:

Diurnal (Sun)- Raises Attack, Sp. Attack, Speed, and Accuracy (maybe Evasiveness too?) during the day.
    Nocturnal (Moon)- Same stat boosts as Diurnal, just during the night.

Or... (These upcoming abilities are based on my belief that the Sun legend will be Fire/Flying and Moon will be Dark/Water, BTW)

Evaporate- Makes the user immune to Water moves.
    Gravitational Force- Has any Flying moves miss the user.

For moves:

Solar Flare (Sun, Fire move)- User aims a blast directly from the sun at the opponent. May also burn the target.
    Moon Howl (Moon, Water move, once again based on my belief that the Moon legend is Dark/Water, and based off a wolf)- User howls and controls the Moon, making it hurl water at the target.

14. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

These abilities wouldn't be used in the competitive play, as online battles are not affected by day-night system if not changed in Gen VII, and legendaries do play an important role in competitive battling.

15. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

Ah, yes, completely forgot about that...
    Oh well then. :p

But really, aren't most legendaries (excluding the weaker ones, of course) typically put in ubers?

16. Niormon

Your 100% right but a man can still dream right ? ^^"

17. Aromatic Mist

Aromatic Mist Sensuble

The more I think about it, the more and more I think Fire/Electric and Water/Fairy are our best bets for the legends, but Fire and Fairy are guesses I'd say are almost completely confirmed due to the very nature of the Sun, both meta and in Pokemon, whilst Fairy in-game has Moonblast and Moonlight under its belt, along with the Clefairy line. Plus, if they were Fire/Electric or Water/Fairy, neither has a distinct advantage over the other, referencing Solar and Lunar eclipses.

What if the third legend is a Pokemon with a completely bland type (like Normal), but in a possible third game/pair of sequels, it gets (a) forme(s) based off of eclipses, which would hold advantages over the other two? Like, one forme stronger than the Sun Moon legends and also SE on both or resistant to both for a third game, or formes tailored to counter both legends (sequels)?

Or since stars (like our Sun) and moons and other satellites (like our... Moon) are both amongst the most well known astral objects, why not base another on the other most known astral object-a planet?

Or maybe a pantheon of legends based on the planets of our universe? Types based on the actual planet along with the corresponding Roman God/Goddess, for example:

A Fighting/Fire, Fighting/Rock, or Fighting/Ground Mars Pokemon,
    A Fairy dual type Venus Pokemon,
    A Water dual type Neptune Pokemon
    A Flying/Electric Jupiter Pokemon,
    A Grass dual type Saturn Pokemon,
    A Flying dual type Uranus Pokemon,
    And maybe a legendary pixie Ghost/Dark Pluto Pokemon? Or Ghost/Rock, I guess.

18. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Mercury would like to have a fews words with you. You didn't even notice the planet closest to the sun. :(

But seriously, I do like like this idea for the most part. It sort of reminds me of Mega Man V (not 5 but V).
    They could also base some legendaries of famous constellations (although Cresselia already is reminiscent of Cygnus). That sort of reminds me of the Mega Man Star Force series.

Damn you Mega Man, you have all these different games, yet nothing new is going to come out for you.

19. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

Legendary pokemon with a Hail and Sandstorm version of Desolate Land and Primordial Sea would be great.

20. lemoncatpower

If it is connected to Kalos, the third legendary could be Zygarde 100% form. The 50% form seemed to be the third in the XY trio, but maybe he could finish off another trio too. Idk about anyone else, but he seems to represent the Earth and its ecosystem well.
    I like this idea personally, because they're seriously going to run out of things for legendaries to be legends for. Maybe not, but it's getting to be a long list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.