1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Snoo, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

I initially thought Marshadow may have three types as well, as its typing is referred as 'very' unique. If the leak is false and if it is not for its ability, I hope we get to see a similar concept like that.

2. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Nah, the first triple type Pokémon should be Electric/Rock/Steel so we can see how fast it can down to Earthquake. :p

But seriously, if Marshadow is a triple type then it would probably be Psychic/Steel/Ghost.

3. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

Ah thats neat how you incorporated all three types that the other two have altogether. That'd be very neat imo. Do you have any lore backup or are you just using solgaleo and lunala's typings?

4. clbgolden12

Just using Solgaleo's/Lunala's typings, but its lore could be centered around being a byproduct/offspring of Solgaleo/Lunala.

5. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

wow I'd LOVE if they did the offspring route. In so many of our religions and myths and what not we have gods who produce a child,
    so why couldn't solgaleo and lunala produce another legendary? Maybe it's confused and doesnt know what its supposed to do since Mom is the moon and Dad is the sun (whatever you'd want), thus bringing it into darkness and it takes on an evil role out of confusion. Just a thought lol then Zygarde lets it be of the earth with it and all his happy. Jk bout the ending but itd be cool

6. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

Before variants, I use to think that triple types wouldn't happen but now anything is possible. If they are doing triple types then it probably for a select few and the typings have to go well with each other. As the third legendary (Marshadow), I reckon it could be Psychic/Dark, Psychic/Poison or even Psychic/Dark/Poison.

7. B. Thunder Tiger

B. Thunder Tiger Well-Known Member

The same here. That and I was the first one to come/suggest the offspring theory, although not with the idea of having it with a triple type inheirted from its "parents". That all said, its unlikely to be true, because Marshadow's typing is rumored to be Dark/Fire, which would negate the whole Psychic/Steel/Ghost type idea. Dark/Fire/Poison could work for Marshadow though, although that seems to get in the way with Litten's supposed starter evo forme types of Dark and Poison. That is if the rumored leak were true concerning the triple typing and the Final Split Evo/Formes of the Alola Starters.

8. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

See I thought more along the lines of dark/poison/ghost to tie into the whole evil theme people are giving to it it's a fairy solid typing with a weakness resistance total of 14.25 and it's only weakness being ground doing 2* damage and having 3 immunities including to the box legends psychic type and then they could give it a cool ability similar to Zygard to weaken ghost and steel type attacks? (Not that it would need it too much)

9. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

Speaking of the legends, are we assuming that Sun-Steel Strike and Moongeist Beem are going to be duel types? I'm thinking fire/steel for the first and ghost/fairy for the second.

10. clbgolden12

They're not said to duel-typed, so I'm thinking no. It's a possibility, though.

11. goodpeople25

goodpeople25 Well-Known Member

Man it's been a while, took me a moment to remember how that dosen't work. But yeah sunsteel strike is regularly effective against salamance, a Fire/Steel move wouldn't be.

12. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

That be pretty cool but imagine if it had levitate on it. A legendary with that triple typing and ability would epic and op for sure.

13. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

i can't really see a legend ever having levitate but I agree, I think triple type is inevitable but should be saved for very few Pokemon (generally legends and ultra rare), but when it happens I think the first triple type should be OP to act as the showcase.
    Ahhh is it? That's disappointing... For a move with sun in its name to not be fire.

14. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Giratina Origin Form would like to have a word with you.

15. Akwakwak

Akwakwak Chu Chu Yeah!

And the Lake Trio as well.

And Latios/Latias.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  16. Pilpulp

Pilpulp 美的

Praying they bring back actual events for mythical legendaries.

17. Nuzlocker4Life

Nuzlocker4Life Well-Known Member

Marshadow being Dark/Fire would be freaking smart for a third legendary.

1.) Not a dragon, for the first time since Gen 3
    2.) Immune to Solgaleo and Lunala's Psychic typing
    3.) Resists Solgaleo's Steel type moves; resists Lunala's Ghost type moves
    4.) Can utterly decimate both of them in exchange

For the Eclipse Pokemon, Dark/Fire is a unique typing in the sense that it would make Marshadow the first-ever third legendary capable of destroying the legendary duo AND being resistant/immune to a majority of their movepool in return.
    It wasn't about a type combination that has never been used before, or even the first triple typed Pokemon being real. i mean, the latter still could be a possibility if this dex leak is wrong, but if we are to assume it's real, then Dark/Fire would be great.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  18. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

But 3rd game Dragons are the best...

19. B. Thunder Tiger

B. Thunder Tiger Well-Known Member

That and I'd guess Marshadow would be the Calamity or Chaos Pokémon, and plays as the opposite to Zygarde's Dragon/Ground, in which Zygarde can rip Marshadow a new one.

20. Nahiri

Nahiri Selesnya Guild

As long as it doesn't have Pressure or Levitate, I am all for Dark/Fire Marshadow!
    And it's still unique in the fact that no Legendary has had that specific combo before so? Win-win?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.