• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
If marshadow is the triple type some people think a Dragon/Fairy/Steel with an ability similar to levitate would be great for it... But I still doubt that triple type will happen for a good while yet.

I initially thought Marshadow may have three types as well, as its typing is referred as 'very' unique. If the leak is false and if it is not for its ability, I hope we get to see a similar concept like that.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
If marshadow is the triple type some people think a Dragon/Fairy/Steel with an ability similar to levitate would be great for it... But I still doubt that triple type will happen for a good while yet.
Nah, the first triple type Pokémon should be Electric/Rock/Steel so we can see how fast it can down to Earthquake. :p

But seriously, if Marshadow is a triple type then it would probably be Psychic/Steel/Ghost.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Nah, the first triple type Pokémon should be Electric/Rock/Steel so we can see how fast it can down to Earthquake. :p

But seriously, if Marshadow is a triple type then it would probably be Psychic/Steel/Ghost.

Ah thats neat how you incorporated all three types that the other two have altogether. That'd be very neat imo. Do you have any lore backup or are you just using solgaleo and lunala's typings?

clbgolden12

Ah thats neat how you incorporated all three types that the other two have altogether. That'd be very neat imo. Do you have any lore backup or are you just using solgaleo and lunala's typings?
Just using Solgaleo's/Lunala's typings, but its lore could be centered around being a byproduct/offspring of Solgaleo/Lunala.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Just using Solgaleo's/Lunala's typings, but its lore could be centered around being a byproduct/offspring of Solgaleo/Lunala.

wow I'd LOVE if they did the offspring route. In so many of our religions and myths and what not we have gods who produce a child,
so why couldn't solgaleo and lunala produce another legendary? Maybe it's confused and doesnt know what its supposed to do since Mom is the moon and Dad is the sun (whatever you'd want), thus bringing it into darkness and it takes on an evil role out of confusion. Just a thought lol then Zygarde lets it be of the earth with it and all his happy. Jk bout the ending but itd be cool

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Before variants, I use to think that triple types wouldn't happen but now anything is possible. If they are doing triple types then it probably for a select few and the typings have to go well with each other. As the third legendary (Marshadow), I reckon it could be Psychic/Dark, Psychic/Poison or even Psychic/Dark/Poison.

B. Thunder Tiger

wow I'd LOVE if they did the offspring route. In so many of our religions and myths and what not we have gods who produce a child,
so why couldn't solgaleo and lunala produce another legendary? Maybe it's confused and doesnt know what its supposed to do since Mom is the moon and Dad is the sun (whatever you'd want), thus bringing it into darkness and it takes on an evil role out of confusion. Just a thought lol then Zygarde lets it be of the earth with it and all his happy. Jk bout the ending but itd be cool

The same here. That and I was the first one to come/suggest the offspring theory, although not with the idea of having it with a triple type inheirted from its "parents". That all said, its unlikely to be true, because Marshadow's typing is rumored to be Dark/Fire, which would negate the whole Psychic/Steel/Ghost type idea. Dark/Fire/Poison could work for Marshadow though, although that seems to get in the way with Litten's supposed starter evo forme types of Dark and Poison. That is if the rumored leak were true concerning the triple typing and the Final Split Evo/Formes of the Alola Starters.

ABC595

See I thought more along the lines of dark/poison/ghost to tie into the whole evil theme people are giving to it it's a fairy solid typing with a weakness resistance total of 14.25 and it's only weakness being ground doing 2* damage and having 3 immunities including to the box legends psychic type and then they could give it a cool ability similar to Zygard to weaken ghost and steel type attacks? (Not that it would need it too much)

ABC595

Speaking of the legends, are we assuming that Sun-Steel Strike and Moongeist Beem are going to be duel types? I'm thinking fire/steel for the first and ghost/fairy for the second.

clbgolden12

Speaking of the legends, are we assuming that Sun-Steel Strike and Moongeist Beem are going to be duel types? I'm thinking fire/steel for the first and ghost/fairy for the second.
They're not said to duel-typed, so I'm thinking no. It's a possibility, though.

goodpeople25

Man it's been a while, took me a moment to remember how that dosen't work. But yeah sunsteel strike is regularly effective against salamance, a Fire/Steel move wouldn't be.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
See I thought more along the lines of dark/poison/ghost to tie into the whole evil theme people are giving to it it's a fairy solid typing with a weakness resistance total of 14.25 and it's only weakness being ground doing 2* damage and having 3 immunities including to the box legends psychic type and then they could give it a cool ability similar to Zygard to weaken ghost and steel type attacks? (Not that it would need it too much)

That be pretty cool but imagine if it had levitate on it. A legendary with that triple typing and ability would epic and op for sure.

ABC595

That be pretty cool but imagine if it had levitate on it. A legendary with that triple typing and ability would epic and op for sure.
i can't really see a legend ever having levitate but I agree, I think triple type is inevitable but should be saved for very few Pokemon (generally legends and ultra rare), but when it happens I think the first triple type should be OP to act as the showcase.
Man it's been a while, took me a moment to remember how that dosen't work. But yeah sunsteel strike is regularly effective against salamance, a Fire/Steel move wouldn't be.
Ahhh is it? That's disappointing... For a move with sun in its name to not be fire.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Nuzlocker4Life

Marshadow being Dark/Fire would be freaking smart for a third legendary.

1.) Not a dragon, for the first time since Gen 3
2.) Immune to Solgaleo and Lunala's Psychic typing
3.) Resists Solgaleo's Steel type moves; resists Lunala's Ghost type moves
4.) Can utterly decimate both of them in exchange

For the Eclipse Pokemon, Dark/Fire is a unique typing in the sense that it would make Marshadow the first-ever third legendary capable of destroying the legendary duo AND being resistant/immune to a majority of their movepool in return.
It wasn't about a type combination that has never been used before, or even the first triple typed Pokemon being real. i mean, the latter still could be a possibility if this dex leak is wrong, but if we are to assume it's real, then Dark/Fire would be great.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

B. Thunder Tiger

Marshadow being Dark/Fire would be freaking smart for a third legendary.

1.) Not a dragon, for the first time since Gen 3
2.) Immune to Solgaleo and Lunala's Psychic typing
3.) Resists Solgaleo's Steel type moves; resists Lunala's Ghost type moves
4.) Can utterly decimate both of them in exchange

For the Eclipse Pokemon, Dark/Fire is a unique typing in the sense that it would make Marshadow the first-ever third legendary capable of destroying the legendary duo AND being resistant/immune to a majority of their movepool in return.
It wasn't about a type combination that has never been used before, or even the first triple typed Pokemon being real. i mean, the latter still could be a possibility if this dex leak is wrong, but if we are to assume it's real, then Dark/Fire would be great.

That and I'd guess Marshadow would be the Calamity or Chaos Pokémon, and plays as the opposite to Zygarde's Dragon/Ground, in which Zygarde can rip Marshadow a new one.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
That and I'd guess Marshadow would be the Calamity or Chaos Pokémon, and plays as the opposite to Zygarde's Dragon/Ground, in which Zygarde can rip Marshadow a new one.

As long as it doesn't have Pressure or Levitate, I am all for Dark/Fire Marshadow!
And it's still unique in the fact that no Legendary has had that specific combo before so? Win-win?

Status
Not open for further replies.