• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercury would like to have a fews words with you. You didn't even notice the planet closest to the sun. :(

But seriously, I do like like this idea for the most part. It sort of reminds me of Mega Man V (not 5 but V).
They could also base some legendaries of famous constellations (although Cresselia already is reminiscent of Cygnus). That sort of reminds me of the Mega Man Star Force series.

Damn you Mega Man, you have all these different games, yet nothing new is going to come out for you.

The saddest thing is, I knew I was skipping something :v

even worse I named my vileplume in vc red mercury and along with Venus the Clefable it killed everything

For Mercury I'd say Poison, in reference to the element, and maybe Dark because Mercury was seen as a God of Thieves? But he wasn't exactly evil (unlike that smug little s*** named after him in rwby

If it is connected to Kalos, the third legendary could be Zygarde 100% form. The 50% form seemed to be the third in the XY trio, but maybe he could finish off another trio too. Idk about anyone else, but he seems to represent the Earth and its ecosystem well.
I like this idea personally, because they're seriously going to run out of things for legendaries to be legends for. Maybe not, but it's getting to be a long list

Yeah, I mean, they've only got every other mythos in the history of humanity and their own imaginations to base ideas around.

I'm sure we'll be fine in terms of legendary Pokémon. As long as we get a break from one of the trio Pokémon being a Dragon-type.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
From pokemonsunmoon.com:

0nBYkD.png

May it be covering the legendaries in the background? There is a possibility:

Looks a-bit like Noivern.

WkQN1L.png

Wolf?

A7k97p.png

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
From pokemonsunmoon.com:

0nBYkD.png

WkQN1L.png

Wolf?

A7k97p.png

Great finds! I'm going to try and play around with them a bit, it certainly seems like there's something underneath the logos and the clusters of colouring.

All I can say is... space!

Yes! Space!
Rocket confirmed.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
From pokemonsunmoon.com:

0nBYkD.png

WkQN1L.png

Wolf?

A7k97p.png

Not sure why, but I seem to get a skeletal dragon sort of vibe from the Sun part...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I wouldn't quickly jump out there and claim everything non-official as fake.

Not everything. This.

Anyway, to me it looks like any other official backgrounds they have produced so I actually trust that source. Unfortunately, I think that we can't tell anything about the legendaries' design from that as suggested.

Akashin

Yeah, I don't think it matters much. Real or not, it seems like a stretch to say we can glean any information from it.

Xblade13

Experimentalist
I have a theory that perhaps the Sun Legendary will be Fire/Grass and the Moon one Ice/Poison. The Sun one would speciallize in Solarbeam, a new Fire move, Sunny Day and be a speedy special attacker, while the Moon legendary will have Moonlight, Avalanche, a new Poison type move, and be a more defensive Pokemon.

I dunno why I chose those but I felt the Sun one should use Solarbeam effectively lol. But obviously the sun itself is fiery so...

And I guess the Moon one should be Fairy type and use Moon Blast instead of Poison.

Niormon

Why are we calling something official fake now ? also moon looks like a wolf and sun ether a dragon or a lion from my point of view.

Akashin

Why are we calling something official fake now ? also moon looks like a wolf and sun ether a dragon or a lion from my point of view.

That the source isn't official (at least the one provided isn't, even if it ultimately came from an official source) is exactly why we're questioning it. See Wulava's post.

I'm still not seeing what people are seeing with this, anyway. It feels a lot like trying to see something where there's nothing to be seen.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah, I mean, they've only got every other mythos in the history of humanity and their own imaginations to base ideas around.

I'm sure we'll be fine in terms of legendary Pokémon. As long as we get a break from one of the trio Pokémon being a Dragon-type.

Fair enough, they use myths such as the four muskateers, so they will definitely use anything, and it shows too. And then just slap on that they protect "insert random element from nature or man based event" and you're good to go.
They have most things covered... seasons, genetics, sea/sky, ages of man, weather, human concepts (conciousness/emotions/wisdom), creation, lunar, god, good/evil. Heck they have wishes, guardians of the forests/seas/ecosystems/pokemon habitats/heart diamond, eons, dancing and singing, and tao. Again, they have even the four muskateers. I feel like after they go into space (sun and moon), they will start really having to do man based concepts for the legendaries to be based on or overlap with nature. And we already have the lunar duo, who are now going to be outshun by this moon legendary who REALLY controls the moon or something. But yeah they will keep coming up with anything because they can.
I hope they sway from the man made legendaries and bionic looking pokemon though, imo.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Assuming it's indeed real, I'm gonna be skeptical about the shapes being the legendaries; Sun is closer to the centre of the image, while Moon is further away and placed closer to the top. Honestly, they look more like part of a nebula if you ask me.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

A Fighting/Fire, Fighting/Rock, or Fighting/Ground Mars Pokemon,
A Fairy dual type Venus Pokemon,
A Water dual type Neptune Pokemon
A Flying/Electric Jupiter Pokemon,
A Grass dual type Saturn Pokemon,
A Flying dual type Uranus Pokemon,
And maybe a legendary pixie Ghost/Dark Pluto Pokemon? Or Ghost/Rock, I guess.

Well with that don't forget that Japan has its own sets of believes/folklore associated with the planets:

Mercury is the Water Star (Water Type)
Venus is the Gold/Metal Star (Psychic/Steel Type)
Mars is the Fire Star (Fire Type)
Jupiter is the Wood Star (Grass Type)
Saturn is the Earth Star (Ground Type)
The others were not discovered before contact with the West but their Japanese names are still:
Uranus: Sky King Star (Flying Type)
Neptune: Sea King Star (Water again...)

(Pluto: Dark King Star) (Dark or Ghost Type)

Since Western Culture is pretty trendy in Japan it's difficult to predict with which route they'd go...

Maybe they'd combine it?

Mercury: Water/Flying
Venus: Steel/Fairy
Mars: Fire/Fighting
Jupiter: Grass/Electric
Saturn: Ground or Ground/Grass
Uranus: Pure Flying
Neptune: Pure Water or Water/Ice

(Pluto: Dark/Ghost)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.