• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Artemis

I never care about the legendaries and barely use them so I don't really worry about them so much. It sort of feels like cheating to use them. Which is what makes battling in Battle Spot super annoying

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I would argue that the line "there was need of a Pokemon" implies that only a singular Pokemon was initially planned/created to rival the legendary.. meaning there's only one Type: Null, while I concede that there could be other creations.

The word "Pokemon" is often used as shorthand for "Pokemon species," which could just as easily be implied.

Alternatively, they only needed one Pokemon of that species, but created multiple anyway, and/or those Pokemon bred.

However, the fact that is has a power-limiting helmet on suggests that they succeeded in creating a Pokemon able to rival a legendary. If they'd failed then why bother making the helmet, as it wouldn't have the power to need one, nor would they have bothered to make one, instead trying to make a successful creation.

067.png

In terms of plot importance, I'd say there's more chance of it having some than not. With it being the partner of a trainer that appears to be an important character, as well as that lore of its reason for being created.

a) Gladion's relative importance is unknown at this point.
b) Gladion's possession of this Pokemon ought to be considered a red flag toward it being legendary (since the only way for the player to obtain it would be to have it gifted).
c) The fact that it was created for this purpose does not mean it fulfills that purpose.
d) Even if it has plot importance, that in and of itself makes it as legendary as Liepard.

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So the new trailer shows Solgaleo and Lunala riding off into what looks like the same sort of wormhole UB-01 popped out of.

Wonder how they are involved with the UB, and this other dimension.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I liked the focus of Solgaleo and Lunala in the new trailer. Kinda made me remember that they're a part of the story too, as I'll admit amongst everything else I'd seemed to forgotten about them.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
This trailer seals it. I'm so getting Moon, Lunala looks amazing!

It looks so much more bat-like when it's flying than its stills. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but I like that it's looking a bit more natural and less like a weird kite or something. Honestly, I'm not super exited about the legendaries, but we'll see if lunala grows on me.

btw, how many bat-inspired pokemon do we have now? In addition to lunala, I can recall the gligor line, the zubat line, the swoobat line, and the noivern line. Any others, and anyone planning on forming a bat team?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Both looked great in the CGI. Definitely like the star effects of Lunala's wings.
I suppose this trailer somewhat confirms that Solgaleo and Lunala exist on Earth and not in Space- at least some of the time

Nave

Solgaleo and Lunala look so good in the trailer. Seeing Solgaleo in movement was especially intriguing, as I've always loved Lunala. The elasticity of the metal mane is really cool.

Julia Artemis

Both looked great in the CGI. Definitely like the star effects of Lunala's wings.
I suppose this trailer somewhat confirms that Solgaleo and Lunala exist on Earth and not in Space- at least some of the time

I thought that was confirmed already? They are just the emissaries of the sun and moon. Not that they are from the sun and the moon.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I thought that was confirmed already? They are just the emissaries of the sun and moon. Not that they are from the sun and the moon.

Yeah, they haven't ever been stated to be from space, and the cutscene we see of them is clearly on Earth. I don't know why Wryteous thought differently.

Sulfurian

What I don't understand is why aren't these "ultra beasts" considered Pokemon? I mean we capture gods that are labeled as pokemon, now suddenly a white jellyfish that appears to mimic the form of the human girl we're with means it isn't a Pokemon? Everything besides humans are considered Pokemon since the beginning. Why start now? I think they wanted to not label it as a Pokemon yet on the website because that may or may not give too much or too little away.

Julia Artemis

What I don't understand is why aren't these "ultra beasts" considered Pokemon? I mean we capture gods that are labeled as pokemon, now suddenly a white jellyfish that appears to mimic the form of the human girl we're with means it isn't a Pokemon? Everything besides humans are considered Pokemon since the beginning. Why start now? I think they wanted to not label it as a Pokemon yet on the website because that may or may not give too much or too little away.

I mean they will probably be classified as Pokemon later, but as of now it's really unclear what they are. They might be uncatchable boss monsters that we have to defeat.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters

Well they may not be pokemon, but there own group of spieces. UB-01 looks like a girls hat & hair, for all we know it could be a human trapped in some alternate dimension or where some experiment has gone wrong. Or Maybe its something between a human & a pokemon?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

A few spin-off games have final bosses that aren't Pokemon. For example, Rumble Blast has Dark Rust, while Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity has Bittercold.

So a non-Pokemon alien creature is not something new. This is the first time such thing happened in main series, though. (And also the first time where it may be not a final boss)

It looks so much more bat-like when it's flying than its stills.

Which makes me hope they remember the thing shouldn't have been affected by Ground moves ._. Its model doesn't touch the ground, it's based on a flying creature.....I'm still hoping Shadow Guard has a hidden additional effect that prevents damage from Ground moves

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Yeah, they haven't ever been stated to be from space, and the cutscene we see of them is clearly on Earth. I don't know why Wryteous thought differently.

Just was curious to their actual status and natural setting.
How Kyogre and Groudon are dormant underground. And Zelrom/Reshiram were previously inert orbs.
While they've been stated as Emissary's to their celestial bodies. I don't think it was ever shown where their preferred envrionment was until now

aerial_ace

This trailer seals it. I'm so getting Moon, Lunala looks amazing!

I was just about to post the same. I was on the fence which version to get first slightyleaning towards moon because i always prefer night time in pokemon games, but this trailer seals the deal for me Lunala looks outstanding in this trailer with its shining stars wings kinda thing.
Also i really like the fact this new trailer gives us a hint those two legends will be involved in ultra beast story since we can see both of them flying into portal similar to the one ultra beast emerged from. With all the hype and news we had so far sun and moon madcots have been kinda forgoten but looks like they will be very important to the story

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
https://youtu.be/8oO_P4GX_RA
So a non-Pokemon alien creature is not something new. This is the first time such thing happened in main series, though. (And also the first time where it may be not a final boss)

I, too, don't think the Ultra Beasts are Pokémon. However I actually think they are sort of "scouts" for the box legendaries. I think that Solgaleo and Lunala are "alien" Pokémon able to create those wormholes that UB-01 came out of. Maybe some sort of extraterrestrial beast not classified as a Pokémon since it's from a astronomic entity further than any other alien Pokémon recorded has originated from.

We just had the Delta Episode, which could've been trying to segway the franchise into new alien life forms not recordable in the PokéDex. Perhaps Solgaleo and Lunala are able to be in the Dex because they're VERY capable of makin wormholes between their "home" entity and PokEarth.

Trailer for reference seeing as it hasnt been posted
The cutscene at the end shows them jumping into the wormhole.

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

I also liked seeing Lunala in motion in the trailer, really changed my outlook on its design. So far I am sticking with my pre-order of Moon. I just hope that it shows as much flexibility in the game itself, or if it will be stuck just "flying" upright in battle like the official artwork shows...

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So I'm thinking that if Marshadow is indeed part of a trio with Solgaleo and Lunala, then it will have a purple space face to match the blue and red of Solgaleo and Lunala respectively.

Also, what kind of creature would yall want it to be if it was part of the trio?

I would like a marine mammal because we already have the terrestrial mammal (Lion) and the airborne mammal (bat). So we could get a whale, dolphin, seal, manatee, otter ect..

BlitzGirl41

So I'm thinking that if Marshadow is indeed part of a trio with Solgaleo and Lunala, then it will have a purple space face to match the blue and red of Solgaleo and Lunala respectively.

Also, what kind of creature would yall want it to be if it was part of the trio?

I would like a marine mammal because we already have the terrestrial mammal (Lion) and the airborne mammal (bat). So we could get a whale, dolphin, seal, manatee, otter ect..

Well from the alchemy perspective, the lion is related to the sun. And bats are associated with night. So a third would have be something that makes logical sense in that vein. I also have no idea what kind of element of nature it would be representing. Stars...? But I've seen no proof of any trio yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.