• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Well with that don't forget that Japan has its own sets of believes/folklore associated with the planets:

Mercury is the Water Star
Venus is the Gold/Metal Star
Mars is the Fire Star
Jupiter is the Wood Star
Saturn is the Earth Star
The others were not discovered before contact with the West but their Japanese names are still:
Uranus: Sky King Star
Neptune: Sea King Star

(Pluto: Dark King Star)

easy way to remember this- remember Sailor Senshis

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If it is connected to Kalos, the third legendary could be Zygarde 100% form. The 50% form seemed to be the third in the XY trio, but maybe he could finish off another trio too. Idk about anyone else, but he seems to represent the Earth and its ecosystem well.
I like this idea personally, because they're seriously going to run out of things for legendaries to be legends for. Maybe not, but it's getting to be a long list

Hmmm at this point I'm kind of over Zygarde and its formes so I hope Zygarde doesn't have any significance as far as Sun and Moon's legendary pokemon are concerned. :)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hmmm at this point I'm kind of over Zygarde and its formes so I hope Zygarde doesn't have any significance as far as Sun and Moon's legendary pokemon are concerned. :)

No, I want them to do something with Zygarde and it's forms. It would be a waste to not use them. It needs a post game in my opinion.

Last edited:

Gillachu

Banned

Agreed lol. We will almost definitely get its new forms in S&M, but it doesn't need its own subplot unless S&M takes place in southern Kalos...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Agreed lol. We will almost definitely get its new forms in S&M, but it doesn't need its own subplot unless S&M takes place in southern Kalos...

Except Zygarde does need it's own subplot since it didn't get one in gen 6. It is the third legendary of the trio with consists of it, Xerneas and Yveltal.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Which I'm hoping isn't the case any ways. I want Sun and Moon to focus on new legendary species, not continue where Kalos left off. :3

Gillachu

Banned
Which I'm hoping isn't the case any ways. I want Sun and Moon to focus on new legendary species, not continue where Kalos left off. :3

At best I could imagine a place in S&M where Zygarde's form change would happen or where we would get info about its origin...

Kalos has a lot unanswer questions. It could be for post game where Zygarde would have a post game story.

We know what you want. You've posted it all over this page of the thread alone!

There doesn't need to be anything other than some items and a few lines to change Zygarde's form. However, yes, I do think we could get a Kalos post game with Zygarde, and it would be strange if we didn't.

But it's by no means a necessity.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
We know what you want. You've posted it all over this page of the thread alone!

There doesn't need to be anything other than some items and a few lines to change Zygarde's form. However, yes, I do think we could get a Kalos post game with Zygarde, and it would be strange if we didn't.

But it's by no means a necessity.

Of course it's not a necessity, none of the stuff said in this forum is a necessity besides having pokemon in it and a few mechanics...
Why does everyone on this website get so worked up over the use of "needs" and "necessity" when giving opinions? People are excited here, obviously it's all what people want, they'll just say need for things they really want...

I think Zygarde is going to be the third in the trio of the new legendaries, which I could care less if I am proven wrong in the end. I think it would be more exciting for the myths to be directly linked between two regions, as no other two regions have had. Therefore, Zygarde needs to be the trio master for this to happen. SOOOOO imo he needs to be the new trio master all in all.

We haven't even see all of Zygarde's forms in action or anything, what about Zygarde are you already over? Did you not like Zygarde in the beginning either? Just wondering because I really like Zygarde personally and am really excited to see him more.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I think it would be more exciting for the myths to be directly linked between two regions, as no other two regions have had. Therefore, Zygarde needs to be the trio master for this to happen. SOOOOO imo he needs to be the new trio master all in all.

Regigigas is crying in the corner right now. Also Arceus, though the Unown aren't legendaries.

Niormon

Can we stop talking about Zygard ? all its going to do is start another 6.5 Gen nonsense again ( plus Zygard is boring Pokemon)

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I think Zygarde is going to be the third in the trio of the new legendaries, which I could care less if I am proven wrong in the end. I think it would be more exciting for the myths to be directly linked between two regions, as no other two regions have had..

I don't mind Zygarde design-wise etc.. but I really don't want it to have such a prominent place in a new generation.
And tbh I'd feel kinda shafted if they make it the trio master instead of making an all-new and exciting Pokemon. Like it'd just feel a bit lazy, and all of us would be missing out on a new and potentially epic Pokemon.

So yeah, I couldn't care less if Zygarde is not in it at all but I wouldn't mind a tiny bit of dialogue or something post-game.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Can we stop talking about Zygard ? all its going to do is start another 6.5 Gen nonsense again ( plus Zygard is boring Pokemon)

Since when do you get to dictate what other people talk about?

Of course it's not a necessity, none of the stuff said in this forum is a necessity besides having pokemon in it and a few mechanics...
Why does everyone on this website get so worked up over the use of "needs" and "necessity" when giving opinions? People are excited here, obviously it's all what people want, they'll just say need for things they really want...

I think Zygarde is going to be the third in the trio of the new legendaries, which I could care less if I am proven wrong in the end. I think it would be more exciting for the myths to be directly linked between two regions, as no other two regions have had. Therefore, Zygarde needs to be the trio master for this to happen. SOOOOO imo he needs to be the new trio master all in all.

We haven't even see all of Zygarde's forms in action or anything, what about Zygarde are you already over? Did you not like Zygarde in the beginning either? Just wondering because I really like Zygarde personally and am really excited to see him more.

This is an interesting idea. One of the new legendaries would obviously represent the sun, the other the moon, and then Zygarde the Earth? Just because a legendary Pokemon from a previous generation featuring again in a new generation is something that hasn't really happened before (at least not like this) doesn't mean it's something that will never happen.

Niormon

Since when do you get to dictate what other people talk about?
Pretty sure I was asking not ordering, If you wish to keep the topic about it going then be my guest I will pick to ignore it and come back later or until someone changes the topic to something else.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't mind Zygarde design-wise etc.. but I really don't want it to have such a prominent place in a new generation.
And tbh I'd feel kinda shafted if they make it the trio master instead of making an all-new and exciting Pokemon. Like it'd just feel a bit lazy, and all of us would be missing out on a new and potentially epic Pokemon.

So yeah, I couldn't care less if Zygarde is not in it at all but I wouldn't mind a tiny bit of dialogue or something post-game.

I definitely agree that it would be a bit on the lazy side. Or quite a bit as they could have a new legendary. We haven't had a quadruplet set of legendaries yet though! Idk why Im stuck on Zygarde being in the new series but I will drop it.

Poison legendary please please! it would be cool if they had a more dark based poison legendary that maybe threatens Earth and the sun and moon legendaries come to help save the Earth as they watch over it, one during the day and one during the night.

.Aerodactyl.

I think Zygarde being the third mascot legendary works for me simply because the forms are SO different it practically feels like a new Pokemon. The 10% dog form looks like it could be a whole different line, etc. I almost wonder if the 10% form will actually be weaker (as in lower base stats to not be a legendary) that would make it usable/catchable in game earlier on.

I definitely want to see a poison legendary... And a rock legendary. It would be cool if this gen's "pixie" legendary (the mee, celebi, jirachi Pokémon) was poison type, but I feel Magearna is gonna be the one that holds that position.

Niormon

Poison legendary please please! it would be cool if they had a more dark based poison legendary that maybe threatens Earth and the sun and moon legendaries come to help save the Earth as they watch over it, one during the day and one during the night.
I like where this Going :) Poison legendary is very interesting.

Azygos

Given that they associate "moon" with fairies (Clefable), I'd guess that the Moon legendary is going to be a Fairy-type.
The Sun legendary would be a fire-type...

However, when they meet, they generate darkness (eclipse), which leads me to think that the "trio master" would be a Dark-type.

Other than this, I can't really think of anything else.

Though I think we really need a poison-type legendary.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think Zygarde being the third mascot legendary works for me simply because the forms are SO different it practically feels like a new Pokemon. The 10% dog form looks like it could be a whole different line, etc. I almost wonder if the 10% form will actually be weaker (as in lower base stats to not be a legendary) that would make it usable/catchable in game earlier on.

I definitely want to see a poison legendary... And a rock legendary. It would be cool if this gen's "pixie" legendary (the mee, celebi, jirachi Pokémon) was poison type, but I feel Magearna is gonna be the one that holds that position.

That'll make me sad. Im not really too into Magearna, didn't really like the design. I am hoping the movie makes me like her more, like the Diancie movie did for Diancie.

Status
Not open for further replies.