• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
- except that this one has a mythological background that matches that pattern, unlike say, the Chansey line.
But in this case it barely has the mythological background. Yes, we do have Koko being a chicken and Fini being a fish, but Bulu is a bull instead of a man, which tells me that GF just went "screw it" and decided to skip the sweet potato/man.

cmykmat

I love Luanala but i don't like the fact that Pokemon Moon plays mostly at night time (also the exclusive pokemon are so meh)...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So..... when exactly will us Americans get Magearna? It seems we always get the short stick when it comes to events.

gliscor&yanmega

So..... when exactly will us Americans get Magearna? It seems we always get the short stick when it comes to events.

Have to wait and see. I'd imagine it'll be around the same time as Europe is getting it, possibly by same means. Would prefer a mystery gift but it's going to be QR, I hope there wont be too much of that though, can't seem to ever get it to work properly(Maybe not enough light).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

B. Thunder Tiger

Found a interesting picture of Necrozma possibly having a forme change of sorts, being somewhat of a extraterrestial transformer:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type

Firebrand

Indomitable
I really think the mysterious black legendary looks like something out of Gurren Lagann. Something about those oversized arms on the compact torso, man.

BlitzGirl41

So, I was bad and peeked at the Sun/Moon Pokedex on this website and...

I am very, very pissed off that Lunala and Solgaleo EVOLVE from a stupid little Pokemon. A Legendary evolving, to me, makes them no longer special. And the fact that they evolve late, at level 53. That's ******** (pardon my language). This really, really irks me, and I bet I'm in the minority here. So if you want to attack me for my personal opinion, like most of you do anyway, go right ahead. This was an unnecessary choice by GameFreak.

...Okay, and why is the "spoiler" tag not working...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
So, I was bad and peeked at the Sun/Moon Pokedex on this website and...

I am very, very pissed off that Lunala and Solgaleo EVOLVE from a stupid little Pokemon. A Legendary evolving, to me, makes them no longer special. And the fact that they evolve late, at level 53. That's ******** (pardon my language). This really, really irks me, and I bet I'm in the minority here. So if you want to attack me for my personal opinion, like most of you do anyway, go right ahead. This was an unnecessary choice by GameFreak.

...Okay, and why is the "spoiler" tag not working...?

Welcome to the club, man. The answer is to GF's ...odd choices as of late is simple: abandon ship. Fortunately, this is the last gen for me (I have to grow up sometime), so I'm not really mad. But yeah, evolving legendaries is a stupid idea, unless it is limited to just Solgaleo and Lunala, then I will calm down.

BlitzGirl41

Welcome to the club, man. The answer is to GF's ...odd choices as of late is simple: abandon ship. Fortunately, this is the last gen for me (I have to grow up sometime), so I'm not really mad. But yeah, evolving legendaries is a stupid idea, unless it is limited to just Solgaleo and Lunala, then I will calm down.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds this choice to be odd. Getting rid of gyms and HMs...are a bit more understandable, given the unique nature of Alola. But box Legendaries should never evolve. Form changes are okay, though, since that's not real evolution to me. I'm going to assume now, though, that Cosmog is the Pokemon in Lillie's bag. Just my hunch.

But...sorry for my attitude in my post, I just have been really flabbergasted by some of the things done in this gen, or even the previous gen. It's kind of made my frustration build up steadily ever since X/Y.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, I'm not fond of that either. At least the exception can be the fact that Solgaleo and Lunalala......
are Ultra Beasts

shadowF

Which one is stronger? Solgaleo or Lunala?

Firebrand

Indomitable
Which one is stronger? Solgaleo or Lunala?

Solgaleo has higher physical attack and defense, Lunala has higher special attack and defense. The stats are just flipped. Soooo, statwise, pretty similar. As far as abilities go, I'd say Lunala has the better one, because Multiscale by another name is always going to be a great ability. Clear Body by another name is also pretty solid, but I'd give Shadow Shield the edge. Signature moves are exactly the same, just ghost and steel type respectively. I'd say Solgaleo has a slightly better level-up movepool, and just glancing over the TM list shows they're about the same there. However, it also looks like Solgaleo, on balance, hits a bit harder with Z moves.

Honestly, I'd say this one is too close to call. It's not a like a pre-ORAS Hoenn situation where Kyogre was objectively better in every regard. I think mostly this one is going to come down to aesthetic preferences, and at least as far as I'm concerned Solgaleo is substantially cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.