• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Is the Type: Null line a legendary Pokemon? Here are arguments for and against

For:
* It has a very legendary-esque background
* You can only get one per save file as it cannot be bred
* It's friendship base is 0, the same as legendaries
* It's catch rate of 3 is the average catch rate of legendaries
* Silvally's stats are in the same level as legendary, aka the 570+ range

Against:
* It's not explicitly called a legendary
* Rotomdex doesn't recognize it as such. It doesn't even know what it is
* Non-legendaries can exceed 570 without Mega Evolution or form change
* The Beldum line has a catch rate of 3, and it isn't legendary

Things that muddle this:
* Legendaries are now capable of evolution with the Cosmog line, rendering that argument invalid

Conclusion: In-universe, this may be the first true psuedo-legendary

BCVM22

Might be. Might not be. The debate was had and no conclusion was reached, to whatever extent it matters. No real point in revisiting it (not as if anything's changed in the last month or so) and if you must pretend that it was revisited, start on page 136 of this thread and read from there.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Might be. Might not be. The debate was had and no conclusion was reached, to whatever extent it matters. No real point in revisiting it (not as if anything's changed in the last month or so) and if you must pretend that it was revisited, start on page 136 of this thread and read from there.

I kind of knew. I think that it, not guys like Tyranitar, should be officially considered psuedo-legendaries. It does fit the term because it's almost a legendary but not quite. Or maybe we should call Type: Null and Silvally its own current unique classification-semi Legendary

BCVM22

I'm glad that you think all of those things. That's the beauty of free will, is that people are allowed to think things whenever they like.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Has anyone got an estimate for how dense Cosmoem is?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Really wish they'd release Shiny Koko (more specifically Shiny Bulu) to countries outside Japan...

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Really wish they'd release Shiny Koko (more specifically Shiny Bulu) to countries outside Japan...

Pretty much this, I get Japan is Pokemon's main audience (in Game Freak's view) but we definitely would want to get shinies of Pokemon that are normally shiny-locked. Hopefully said Tapu Koko keeps Electric Surge though.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Pretty much this, I get Japan is Pokemon's main audience (in Game Freak's view) but we definitely would want to get shinies of Pokemon that are normally shiny-locked. Hopefully said Tapu Koko keeps Electric Surge though.

Oh yeah agree about Electric Surge...don't know why you'd play them without their abilities lol.

gliscor&yanmega

They likely will hand out Shiny Koko outside of Japan later in the year. Fron what I have seen they have done a good job doing all the events that happen in Japan that are special enough(For example, the Machamp probably wont happen, the eggs might though).

Didn't think about it's HA, may be a means to do two for one especially since they likely will be handing out the rest of the Tapus and probably UBs.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They likely will hand out Shiny Koko outside of Japan later in the year. Fron what I have seen they have done a good job doing all the events that happen in Japan that are special enough(For example, the Machamp probably wont happen, the eggs might though).

Didn't think about it's HA, may be a means to do two for one especially since they likely will be handing out the rest of the Tapus and probably UBs.

Just like shiny Genesec...oh. I really hope this isn't going to be another case of that

gliscor&yanmega

Just like shiny Genesec...oh. I really hope this isn't going to be another case of that
I meant recently. Feel the worldwide release of the games have helped encourage them to give everyone the good stuff. Did get Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal after all.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I meant recently. Feel the worldwide release of the games have helped encourage them to give everyone the good stuff. Did get Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal after all.

We didn't get Shiny Jirachi even though Japan got 2 separate events for it. Even if Shiny Tapu Koko is in released outside of Japan I just can't feel excited for it especially if they handle the UK release the same as they did for Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh yeah agree about Electric Surge...don't know why you'd play them without their abilities lol.

One possibility is if you have another Tapu on the team and you don't want one terrain interfering with another. Since Tapu Koko is the fastest of the Island Guardians, all of the other guardians' terrains will cancel out Electric Surge if two or more are brought out at the same time. Tapu Koko getting Telepathy also allows its partners to use Earthquake without it having to use Protect.

Has anyone got an estimate for how dense Cosmoem is?

Not dense enough--the 4 inches are the minimum allowed length in the Pokédex (as 0.1 meters), and the 2,204.4 pounds is the maximum allowed weight (as 999.9 kilograms).

gliscor&yanmega

We didn't get Shiny Jirachi even though Japan got 2 separate events for it. Even if Shiny Tapu Koko is in released outside of Japan I just can't feel excited for it especially if they handle the UK release the same as they did for Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal.
I believe those were given out for special ocassions in Japan, so they might have thought it was too random to drop a Shiny Jirachi anywhere else.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I really hated how every single legend and UB in Sun/Moon is shiny locked. If this event is legit, then I'm somewhat OK with this (If it comes out of Japan that is, and there's no guarantee it will), though I still question why the locks need to be there in the first place. It'll be nice to finally see a legit shiny legend, and hopefully get the rest later.

This right here. You have no idea how much that event annoyed me and I'll be annoyed if they do it again, especially if they give Americans easy access to it while Europeans have far more difficulty. Just let everyone access it the same way like they usually do and not pull something dumb like the mentioned shiny Xerneas/Yveltal and a few others.

Venyos10

join the void. it's comfy here and we're all gay
Are the Tapus really legends, or are they Mythicals?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Are the Tapus really legends, or are they Mythicals?

Most would say they're Legendary Pokémon, though some would say they're neither. No one says they're Mythical Pokémon, because they were initially available in the games they debuted in. (Mythical Pokémon are initially obtained through events, such as Mew, Victini, and Darkrai.)

Venyos10

join the void. it's comfy here and we're all gay
oh.
Okay!
Thanks!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Tapus are legendary in all but name. It's just that the game doesn't acknowledge it, despite having every other trait of them

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
Hi everyone, I seem to get stuck at 98 Zygarde cubes. I've searched for every location listed on Serebii at least 3 times but still there's 2 that did not appear. Did everyone manage to find 100 cubes and cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.