• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm going to expand on my planets idea. Just for fun.

Sun- Fire/Grass lamb
Moon- Water/Fairy tiger

Mercury- Fire/Flying hummingbird
Venus- Poison/Fairy peacock
Earth- Water/Grass ape
Mars- Fire/Fighting horse
Jupiter- Electric/Ground type elephant
Saturn- Fairy/Grass donkey
Uranus- Flying lion
Neptune- Water/Ground dolphin
Pluto- Ice/Dark dog

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

Sun- Fire/Grass lamb
Moon- Water/Fairy tiger

Earth- Water/Grass ape
Uranus- Flying lion
Pluto- Ice/Dark dog

Hm? Those are interesting ideas for pokemon based on the Planets. I like that various typings and animals. I am curious why you choose a Lamb/Sheep to represent The Sun? I definitely like the Water/Fairy Tiger for the Moon.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner

Sun- Fire/Grass lamb
Moon- Water/Fairy tiger

Earth- Water/Grass ape
Uranus- Flying lion
Pluto- Ice/Dark dog

I like this notion, along with some of the ideas for Pokémon you thought of here.
But I especially like the fact that you included Pluto here. -is tempted to go on a long post about Pluto staying a planet, but refrains-
The idea of Pokémon based on planets is a nice idea, and it fits with the Sun and Moon concept.

MysticKnives

Sun- Fire/Grass lamb
Moon- Water/Fairy tiger

Earth- Water/Grass ape
Uranus- Flying lion
Pluto- Ice/Dark dog

This is great. If not this, I'd love the legendary Pokemon f this game to be based on Egyptian Gods and or Greek Gods. I liked the idea of the Sun Legendary (based on Ra) having a special move or ability unique to it (Solar Flare is an awesome name choice). For the Moon Legendary (Khonsu), it could have something like Lunar Eclipse.

As far as typings go, I'd hope for:
Sun: Ra
1. Fire/Dragon
2. Fire/Ghost
3. Fire/Poison

Moon: Khonsu
1. Water/Dark
2. Water/Rock
3. Fairy/Dark
4. Water/Fairy

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Hm? Those are interesting ideas for pokemon based on the Planets. I like that various typings and animals. I am curious why you choose a Lamb/Sheep to represent The Sun? I definitely like the Water/Fairy Tiger for the Moon.

There is a duo of poems by William Blake called "The Tyger" and "The Lamb" and the tiger one has a lot to do with the moon. It says stuff about the tyger burning bright during the forest at night. It kind of went with my animals theme and I thought it would be neat to flip the preconceptions of the sun on their heads by making it a small, innocent creature.

calvinxx

Ok this is my thinking.
First of all, I would like them to go back to the basics of legendaries from the first generation with only 5 legendaries.

I see the sun and moon as two sides of the same coin. I think it would be cool to have a kind of Mew duo dynamic like what we had in Gen 1. Sun would have the larger more physical attacker Fire form and Moon would have the smaller more sp. attacker Water form. I can't quite think of a concept as to how they are connected yet but I'm sure they could come up with something cool.

And then of course like the legendary bird trio from Gen 1, I would like them to have another trio. I am very fed up of birds and dogs and dragons though. I don't want anything extra-terrestrial either because that has been done way too often too. I would like to see something like a mythological trio. Maybe a pegasus, a griffin, and a dragon (i guess lol) just to stick to the most recognizable mythological creatures. The pegasus would represent the heavens and be a Flying type, the griffin could maybe represent the underworld and be a Poison type, and the dragon would represent earth and by Rock type and live on some kind of mountain

Grey Wind

Sun- Fire/Grass lamb
Moon- Water/Fairy tiger

Earth- Water/Grass ape
Uranus- Flying lion
Pluto- Ice/Dark dog

These are really, really cool ideas. I especially like the ape based on Earth, I'd like to see that become an actual Pokemon regardless of whether or not they did a planet-based string of legends.

Talking legends in general, I'd like to see more introduced than in XY. DP's number was kind of overboard, but I really enjoyed how they managed to create a strong mythos in the region and I'd like to see something like that again. Less trophy legendaries that sit in their respective locations, more Heatran type situations where's there's a small subplot relating to them.

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!
I like this notion, along with some of the ideas for Pokémon you thought of here.
But I especially like the fact that you included Pluto here. -is tempted to go on a long post about Pluto staying a planet, but refrains-
The idea of Pokémon based on planets is a nice idea, and it fits with the Sun and Moon concept.

I had to do Pluto. I don't care what anyone says, Pluto is a planet. I know it's ridiculously contrarian, but what's the point of revoking its status after all these years? It's not going to change anything.

This is great. If not this, I'd love the legendary Pokemon f this game to be based on Egyptian Gods and or Greek Gods. I liked the idea of the Sun Legendary (based on Ra) having a special move or ability unique to it (Solar Flare is an awesome name choice). For the Moon Legendary (Khonsu), it could have something like Lunar Eclipse.

As far as typings go, I'd hope for:
Sun: Ra
1. Fire/Dragon
2. Fire/Ghost
3. Fire/Poison

Moon: Khonsu
1. Water/Dark
2. Water/Rock
3. Fairy/Dark
4. Water/Fairy

Egyptian could be cool. I got my ideas from the Roman gods and combined them with the atmospheric/environmental make-up of each planet. The lamb is actually a loose reference to Jesus. I'm not a Christian, I just thought it would fit.

These are really, really cool ideas. I especially like the ape based on Earth, I'd like to see that become an actual Pokemon regardless of whether or not they did a planet-based string of legends.

The number of legends in DP was kind of overboard, but I really enjoyed how they managed to create a strong mythos in the region and I'd like to see something like that again. Less trophy legendaries that sit in their respective locations, more Heatran type situations where's there's a small subplot relating to them.

Yeah, I'm all about giving the legendaries a reason to exist. DP and BW had so many, so I personally would welcome just these 11 as a giant legendary group. And Magearna.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I had to do Pluto. I don't care what anyone says, Pluto is a planet. I know it's ridiculously contrarian, but what's the point of revoking its status after all these years? It's not going to change anything.

My post was agreeing with you, just in case it was not clear :p.
Pluto now and forever. It will always be a true planet.

But on topic, I still like the idea of Pokémon inspired by planets. The notion would fit quite well with Sun and Moon.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
My post was agreeing with you, just in case it was not clear :p.
Pluto now and forever. It will always be a true planet.

But on topic, I still like the idea of Pokémon inspired by planets. The notion would fit quite well with Sun and Moon.

Yeah, I know you were agreeing. I had to rant a little about it, too, haha.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I mean if we look at our current sun Pokemon..

- Volcarona, Solrock, Espeon, Sunflora.

And moon pokemon..

- Lunatone, Umbreon.

Then that can kinda possibly semi eliminate a few options, like Moths, Plants, Rocks... (more so for Sun admittedly).

Anyway, a Wolf seems incredibly obvious for Moon.. but I think what with the mythology of Fenrir, a Fenrir-based Wolf Pokemon will be the Moon mascot.
ALSO. One of Saturn's Moons is called Fenrir. Boom. Confirmed.

As for Sun.. I have no idea. Honestly a bird would have been my first bet but with Ho-Oh and Moltres being things that exist then probably not.
I'm gonna go with a Pegasus.. or an Angel.. Just something winged but not a bird.

SUMMARY

Moon = Fenrir-based Wolf Pokemon.
Sun = Something with wings that isn't a bird.

And moon pokemon..

- Lunatone, Umbreon.

Then that can kinda possibly semi eliminate a few options, like Moths, Plants, Rocks... (more so for Sun admittedly).

Anyway, a Wolf seems incredibly obvious for Moon.. but I think what with the mythology of Fenrir, a Fenrir-based Wolf Pokemon will be the Moon mascot.

As for Sun.. I have no idea. Honestly a bird would have been my first bet but with Ho-Oh and Moltres being things that exist then probably not.
I'm gonna go with a Pegasus.. or an Angel.. Just something winged but not a bird.

SUMMARY

The Sun could be a griffin? Not my first choice, just thinking of wings and not being a bird.

Niormon

I'm not sure about an Actual sun being a Legendary Kinda seams silly to me about animal that symbolize the sun ?

And moon pokemon..

- Lunatone, Umbreon.

SUMMARY

A Lion maybe ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_and_Sun

Last edited by a moderator:

Class Zero

We have arrived.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just wanted to post this image that has been referenced from the "Book of Legends" from the 3rd movie. It definitely depicts a sun-god type face thing over some very Hawaiian flowers. Now, it's probably just stylized, but the "flames" around the sun kinda look a lot like leaves/petals to me and, given the green boarder, maybe our Sun legend is a Fire/Grass type! Just something to think about. :)
1200px-Unnamed_sun.png
Nice find! I've seen this picture before, but not enlarged. Those definitely look like flower petals on the legend, plus with Masuda's "flower" hint, the legends could definitely have flower attributes.

Sun- Fire/Grass lamb
Moon- Water/Fairy tiger

Earth- Water/Grass ape
Uranus- Flying lion
Pluto- Ice/Dark dog

Thee sound awesome. I'm kinda hoping we will get planet based Pokemon now these games.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm going to say that since gen VI is so similar to gen I. I want to say Gen VII will be like Gen II so I think 6 legendaries and we already know the mew/celebi pokemon magearna

Kagalii

There is a duo of poems by William Blake called "The Tyger" and "The Lamb" and the tiger one has a lot to do with the moon. It says stuff about the tyger burning bright during the forest at night. It kind of went with my animals theme and I thought it would be neat to flip the preconceptions of the sun on their heads by making it a small, innocent creature.

This is an interesting theory, the more you read into the poem and the definition it is very vivid
the poem is as follows (i took out a few verses as it is Long you can read the whole thing here online

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

When the stars threw down their spears
And water'd heaven with their tears:
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger Tyger burning bright,
In the forests of the night:
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

and it has the opposite to this poem the Lamb, what is most interesting about this is it basically points to the whole concept of "there cannot be light without darkness" "No Good without Evil" and "No Day without Night"

No Sun without the Moon, i think this is a great Idea,
A Dark/poison type Tiger and a Fairy/Water type Lamb or Sheep

but this is just my opinion :)

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Maybe they will do a rip-off from Digimon Apollomon and Dianamon?;-D
150px-Apollomon_and_Dianamon_re_collectors_card.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.