• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Wonder what "Lunaala" uses it's fingers for. Can't really see it landing or anything, maybe to grab onto walls/cliffs/trees ect.

But it has no legs, so it's dead weight lower body would just dangle and mess with it's grip and balance.

It's not real though, so it doesn't really matter I guess.

Apetoast

Clearly they walk on their hands ;).

If "Lunaala" ends up having the flying typing, my theory is super legit and everyone must agree with it! XD

ecks dee

eh, I mean it's likely that it is a flying type. I don't think it's guaranteed though

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Okay, I'm bringing my genius theory back. Now just hear me out for a sec.

The reason Lati@s have wings and no legs, but lack the flying type is that their wings are not really wings in the traditional sense. They are more like fins that help propel it through the air. It levitates itself with psychic power, then starts floating forward. The more speed it gains, the more the wind pushes against the "fin wings" helping it gain velocity.

While I probably did not explain that properly in check with how the physics of these sorts of things work, I think you get the idea.

And now that my "genius theory" still stands strong, I dare yall to give me more pokemon to strengthen my theory with ;).

.Aerodactyl.

The reason Lati@s have wings and no legs, but lack the flying type is that their wings are not really wings in the traditional sense. They are more like fins that help propel it through the air. It levitates itself with psychic power, then starts floating forward. The more speed it gains, the more the wind pushes against the "fin wings" helping it gain velocity.

While I probably did not explain that properly in check with how the physics of these sorts of things work, I think you get the idea.

And now that my "genius theory" still stands strong, I dare yall to give me more pokemon to strengthen my theory with ;).

Eh, normally I'd say a winged Pokémon without feet would be flying type, excpet this one is a legendary. And I think legendaries don't care so much what they look like, it's more about their mythos. I'm not saying it won't be flying, but I don't think it has to be on aesthetics alone. Lugia isn't flying type, Palkia is water type even though there is nothing in its design pointing to that...legends haven't always followed rules for typing. I could see this thing being Fairy/dark pretty easily as well (unless they are saving the dark type for Marshadow?). If it doesn't have flying type, I do think it's Ability will be levitate though. Or, for all we know, as a legendary he might get a unique ability that essentially gives him a third type or something. There is so much they can do with this thing. He might have two forms with a type switch.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Eh, normally I'd say a winged Pokémon without feet would be flying type, excpet this one is a legendary. And I think legendaries don't care so much what they look like, it's more about their mythos. I'm not saying it won't be flying, but I don't think it has to be on aesthetics alone. Lugia isn't flying type, Palkia is water type even though there is nothingnin IRS design pointing to that...legends haven't always followed rules foentyping. I could see this thing being Fairy/dark pretty easily as well (unless they are saving the dark type for Marshadow?). If it doesn't have flying type, I do think it's Ability will be levitate though. Or, for all we know, as a legendary he might get a unique ability that essentially gives him a third type or something. There is so much they can do with this thing. He might have two forms with a type switch.

Lugia is psychic/flying.......but it does have big ol' working legs. Palkia's water typing is one of the more vague typings. The pearls on it arms are a by-product of a oyster which is a sea critter. They are the "jewels of the sea". Also it has fins on it's back.

But yeah, Palkia is hard to pin down.

Last edited:

LePetitMeow

Venomoth - Giant wings, itty bitty legs, fat body: NO FLYING TYPE.
Jumpluff - No wings: GETS Flying Type.
Doduo/Dodrio - No wings: GETS Flying Type.
Dustox - Big wings, tiny legs: NO Flying Type.

But here's the best example;

Volcarona - NO legs: NO Flying Type. Giant moth (insect) Pokemon that is Bug/Fire typing, no Levitate Ability, no legs, only four tiny stubs of arms. Explain it. Just because it has wings doesn't make it a flying type. And just because it's a flying type doesn't mean it's legless and has wings/Levitate.

Your theory is a headcanon, though. So while it may work, it's not fool-proof ;)

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Venomoth - Giant wings, itty bitty legs, fat body: NO FLYING TYPE.
Jumpluff - No wings: GETS Flying Type.
Doduo/Dodrio - No wings: GETS Flying Type.
Dustox - Big wings, tiny legs: NO Flying Type.

But here's the best example;

Volcarona - NO legs: NO Flying Type. Giant moth (insect) Pokemon that is Bug/Fire typing, no Levitate Ability, no legs, only four tiny stubs of arms. Explain it. Just because it has wings doesn't make it a flying type. And just because it's a flying type doesn't mean it's legless and has wings/Levitate.

Your theory is a headcanon, though. So while it may work, it's not fool-proof ;)

HAHA a challenger!

Venemoth has legs enough to grip and crawl along tree trunks, branches and whatever else an oversized moth needs to move on.
Jumpluff has the flying typing for reasons unrelated to wings, so is not relevant to this "genius theory".
The Doduo line has always been strange, but again. Because they lack wings, they are unrelated to the "genius super legit canon theory".
Dustox is the same as Venemoth, it has legs enough to walk on things like an actual moth.
Volcorona may indeed have the most ittiest of bittiest legs. But they are not itty bitty enough to stop it from latching on to a large tree branch for a well deserved nap. Actually, it's supposed to exude a lot of heat, and it has flammable scales :/. Scratch the trees, this lil fella lands on rocks in the desert and cliff sides.

I'm going to keep this theory going strong, it seems to work :p.

LePetitMeow

I'm more convinced than ever now that Zygarde is not a part of this region, nor connected to it. All of its descriptions state is is a Pokemon looking over Kalos. YES, they hadn't revealed Alola yet, so they COULD change that, but then that changes the whole mythos behind Zygarde and puts it between two generations, which is not really... something they've ever done. So it's be extremely weird.

The Bat Frisbee though... that design is... unique. Solgaleo is the better legend imo.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I'm more convinced than ever now that Zygarde is not a part of this region, nor connected to it. All of its descriptions state is is a Pokemon looking over Kalos. YES, they hadn't revealed Alola yet, so they COULD change that, but then that changes the whole mythos behind Zygarde and puts it between two generations, which is not really... something they've ever done. So it's be extremely weird.

The Bat Frisbee though... that design is... unique. Solgaleo is the better legend imo.

Yes. This so much.

LePetitMeow

HAHA a challenger!

Venemoth has legs enough to grip and crawl along tree trunks, branches and whatever else an oversized moth needs to move on.
Jumpluff has the flying typing for reasons unrelated to wings, so is not relevant to this "genius theory".
The Doduo line has always been strange, but again. Because they lack wings, they are unrelated to the "genius super legit canon theory".
Dustox is the same as Venemoth, it has legs enough to walk on things like an actual moth.
Volcorona may indeed have the most ittiest of bittiest legs. But they are not itty bitty enough to stop it from latching on to a large tree branch for a well deserved nap. Actually, it's supposed to exude a lot of heat, and it has flammable scales :/. Scratch the trees, this lil fella lands on rocks in the desert and cliff sides.

I'm going to keep this theory going strong, it seems to work :p.

-Doduo line being excluded because "unrelated" isn't good proof/evidence.
-Lati@s duo also have arms that could latch on.
-Lunaala has hands/claws that could latch onto something, could also have levitate; Doesn't ensure it will have Flying typing.

Since size of limbs isn't important, then the theory itself becomes "unrelated" to their typings.

If Mega Altaria can fly and not be Flying-Type anymore than Lunaala can do it too \('w')/

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
There's also crescelia! She has wings and feathers yet she's only psychic. She even has the design of a bird and was given the mono type, and she's a legendary. Much more relatable to Lunaala.

Looking at Lunaala, I think it'll be Ghost over Dark due to the fact it looks quite skeletal. Besides, we're overdue for another Ghost-Type Legend, I believe we only have Giratina so far? Not counting Hoopa due to its Mythical status.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
-Doduo line being excluded because "unrelated" isn't good proof/evidence.
-Lati@s duo also have arms that could latch on.
-Lunaala has hands/claws that could latch onto something, could also have levitate; Doesn't ensure it will have Flying typing.

Since size of limbs isn't important, then the theory itself becomes "unrelated" to their typings.

I exclude the Doduo line just because they are such an anomaly in general and I'm not totally sure why they are flying type. Probably just so they get stab on beak oriented attacks. I think saying they are unrelated is because we are solely discussing winged pokemon.
True, Lati@s and "Lunaala" all have hands/claws. But unlike all the bug pokes that are master at latching on. These guys don't seem to have the proper proportions to really get a proper grip.

Most bug pokes have legs distributed evenly across their "abdomen" so they have a strong grip along their whole body. Both the Lati duo and 'Lunaala" only have upper body arms/hands and would probably not get proper support because their lower bodies just weigh too much. Though Lati@s are psychic. The size of the limbs are not really important. It's more about the placement I guess. As long as they have legs in the middle of their bodies, they can support their grip.

If Mega Altaria can fly and not be Flying-Type anymore than Lunaala can do it too \('w')/

Well the whole idea is that winged pokemon don't need to be flying unless they lack limbs to ground them or help them land on vertical surfaces and support themselves. M Altaria can still land and walk about.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I exclude the Doduo line just because they are such an anomaly in general and I'm not totally sure why they are flying type. Probably just so they get stab on beak oriented attacks. I think saying they are unrelated is because we are solely discussing winged pokemon.
True, Lati@s and "Lunaala" all have hands/claws. But unlike all the bug pokes that are master at latching on. These guys don't seem to have the proper proportions to really get a proper grip.

Most bug pokes have legs distributed evenly across their "abdomen" so they have a strong grip along their whole body. Both the Lati duo and 'Lunaala" only have upper body arms/hands and would probably not get proper support because their lower bodies just weigh too much. Though Lati@s are psychic. The size of the limbs are not really important. It's more about the placement I guess. As long as they have legs in the middle of their bodies, they can support their grip.

Well the whole idea is that winged pokemon don't need to be flying unless they lack limbs to ground them or help them land on vertical surfaces and support themselves. M Altaria can still land and walk about.

you didn't try and explain cresselia!

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Am I the only one getting dream catcher vibes with Lunaala..?

Oh no, i have seen plenty of people using that comparison, and I agree.

you didn't try and explain cresselia!

Sorry, my bad. Are those really wings though? I know the "Lunar Feather" is a thing, but Cresselia doesn't look feathery. Regardless of all that, being a psychic type. Cresselia can use telekinesis to float around. Not even sure it can flap it's "wings". They seem like "false wings" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.