• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh no, i have seen plenty of people using that comparison, and I agree.

Sorry, my bad. Are those really wings though? I know the "Lunar Feather" is a thing, but Cresselia doesn't look feathery. Regardless of all that, being a psychic type. Cresselia can use telekinesis to float around. Not even sure it can flap it's "wings". They seem like "false wings" to me.

the pokedex entry states that it has wings "Shiny particles are released from its wings like a veil. It is said to represent the crescent moon. " from the serebii dex so apparently although I pretty much agree they seem like false wings.

I wanna know if marshadow will be a thing!

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
If Marshadow is indeed the 3rd of the "eclipse?" trio, it would be nice if it was based off of an aquatic animal, preferably a mammal. Then we would have a trio of a land, air and sea mammal :D!

xai

They could just give lunala levitate and call it a day. Honestly I really hope it's not a flying type, ghost/fairy or dark/fairy would be better imo.

edit: Could a poll be put up to see which box legend is more popular? People's opinions seem pretty evenly split.

Last edited:
They could just give lunala levitate and call it a day. Honestly I really hope it's not a flying type, ghost/fairy or dark/fairy would be better imo.

i believe the correct term in this sentence would be call it a night, aha

Kind of strange that this will be the second set of legendary Pokémon in a row where the more sinister looking Pokémon has been able to fly and the calmer looking one will be land locked; at least they swapped colours though, right?

If Marshadow is indeed the 3rd of the "eclipse?" trio, it would be nice if it was based off of an aquatic animal, preferably a mammal. Then we would have a trio of a land, air and sea mammal :D!

Well, the mar- prefix is sea related, even if it is most likely a Mars reference. Double duty and all that.

Kind of strange that this will be the second set of legendary Pokémon in a row where the more sinister looking Pokémon has been able to fly and the calmer looking one will be land locked; at least they swapped colours though, right?

Is GameFreak trying to communicate something to us? :eek:

While Lunaala looks like the more sinister one, I actually think it looks like the calmer one as well. I don't get the chaotic feeling from it that I get from Yveltal, although it is kind of hard to tell by the small footage we have.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
But that would ruin my "amazing theory", though I would prefer a different typing, flying is kind of boring for legend imo. A tying for peasants! Fairy/Dark would be cooler!

Still standing by my theory though as long as it can hold up, I can play "Devil's Advocate" all day long!! :D

edit: Could a poll be put up to see which box legend is more popular? People's opinions seem pretty evenly split.

That would be neat, I'm curious too. Honestly I'm not sure which I prefer. The both look amazing and powerful, both are very elegant.

"Solgaleo" looks more physically powerful, courageous, beastial and noble.

"Lunaala" looks far more graceful, mysterious, mischievous, wise and it has a cute lil face :).

They are both beautiful and mighty looking in their own ways :D!

xai

Lunala doesn't look quite sinister to me... it gives me more mysterious, ethereal vibes. I actually really like it's design! I guess the skeletal patterns on it's chest could sort of give off a creepy feeling though haha.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Just noticed something, all the games that have been released since X&Y have been both red and blue.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
We've had Green and Yellow too...
(And that's just main series)
What games are green and yellow? Or do you mean the RBY remakes on the virtual console?

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Just noticed something, all the games that have been released since X&Y have been both red and blue.

But S&M don't fit that pattern. Suns icon is orange, Moon's is blue. And Sun's background is orange while Moon's is purple/blue.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You know, if Darkrai and Cresslia really do gets Megas this generation like I've seen speculated it would be nice if they let Darkrai get caught and take another event off the ever growing list, like Deoxys in ORAS.

We've had Green and Yellow too...
(And that's just main series)

Pretty sure they were meaning the initial pairs, they've all been red/blue themed to an extent.

Red/Blue (Duh, but in Japan it was Red/Green)
Gold/Silver (Gold is warm, like red, and Ho-oh has red, Silver is cold, like blue, and Lugia has blue)
Ruby/Sapphire (Duh)
Diamond/Pearl (Blue, and a more-red-than-blue purple)
Black/White (Reshiram and Zekrom have red/blue aspects)
Black 2/White 2 (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have blue/red aspects)
X/Y (Red/Blue)
Sun/Moon (Sun has orange/red themes, Moon has purple/blue themes)

What games are green and yellow? Or do you mean the RBY remakes on the virtual console?

I wouldn't say they are remakes, not even improved, just ports.

Pretty sure they were meaning the initial pairs, they've all been red/blue themed to an extent.

Red/Blue (Duh, but in Japan it was Red/Green)
Gold/Silver (Gold is warm, like red, and Ho-oh has red, Silver is cold, like blue, and Lugia has blue)
Ruby/Sapphire (Duh)
Diamond/Pearl (Blue, and a more-red-than-blue purple)
Black/White (Reshiram and Zekrom have red/blue aspects)
Black 2/White 2 (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have blue/red aspects)
X/Y (Red/Blue)
Sun/Moon (Sun has orange/red themes, Moon has purple/blue themes)

I wouldn't say they are remakes, not even improved, just ports.

They also said since X and Y...

.Aerodactyl.

But that would ruin my "amazing theory", though I would prefer a different typing, flying is kind of boring for legend imo. A tying for peasants! Fairy/Dark would be cooler!

Still standing by my theory though as long as it can hold up, I can play "Devil's Advocate" all day long!! :D

That would be neat, I'm curious too. Honestly I'm not sure which I prefer. The both look amazing and powerful, both are very elegant.

"Solgaleo" looks more physically powerful, courageous, beastial and noble.

"Lunaala" looks far more graceful, mysterious, mischievous, wise and it has a cute lil face :).

They are both beautiful and mighty looking in their own ways :D!

If you wanna play devil's advocate to kill time I'll bite ;)

Previously, you said that Cresselia does not disprove your theory because it doesn't have "wings", and that it levitates wih a psychic typing. I counter with, what constitutes as wings then in order for a Pokemon to have wings and no feet?

Lunaala is also seen maintaining a "flying" position without the flapping of the appendages you label "wings" as seen in the video. Further more, there appears to be no beginning, or end, to the wing-like structures on the legendary Pokémon. In fact, it's whole body is consisted of the same structure... So what is it? It's body? A uni-wing? If so, can a creature really fly with only one wing? You maintain that a winged legless creature must be of the flying type, and yet you haven't proven said Pokémon to be winged, only legless.

Other uni-body structured Pokémon include solosis, who maintains the same circular mono-body structure as Lunaala, has no feet and is able to maintain hovering positions without flapping anything. If is not of the flying type.

(I'm not trying to be mean or prove you wrong to be a jerk, just thought I'd chime in to kill time myself!)

I know, I was just pointing that out and how it seems to be a recurring theme of the series since Gold/Silver :p

Oh right, yeah aha.

Which is strange, because the reason we got Leaf Green as opposed to say Water Blue is because they didn't want the colours to clash and instead be more harmonised and natural, etc.

And then we've had the red/blue thing since, yeah. Strange.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
You know, if Darkrai and Cresslia really do gets Megas this generation like I've seen speculated it would be nice if they let Darkrai get caught and take another event off the ever growing list, like Deoxys in ORAS.

That can be handled in DP remakes, though, without bothering with Alola region.

Edit: Though this got me thinking. In the PBR's final battle, Mysterial has either Manaphy or Cherrim depending on the version of the game you choose, since there was no tiny legendary corresponding to Sunny Day like Manaphy did for Rain Dance. I wonder if something will be introduced or Victini will be repurposed somehow.

Similarly, I wonder if Entei will get Sunny Day this gen like how Raikou and Suicune did.

Last edited:

unmindful

Poison Pumpkin
The legendaries look amazing! I'm partial to the Ghost Crescent Moon Bat. Hoping for Dark/Fairy for it.

I'm more convinced than ever now that Zygarde is not a part of this region, nor connected to it. All of its descriptions state is is a Pokemon looking over Kalos. YES, they hadn't revealed Alola yet, so they COULD change that, but then that changes the whole mythos behind Zygarde and puts it between two generations, which is not really... something they've ever done. So it's be extremely weird.

The Bat Frisbee though... that design is... unique. Solgaleo is the better legend imo.
If the Strange Souvenir is a reference to Alola, then that could mean they planned the region pretty early.
I don't think Zygarde will have anything to do with SM either. Not only would reusing a legendary have never been done*, Zygarde doesn't fit the SM legendaries theme. The sun and moon are celestial bodies and exist separately from Earth while the ecosystem exists solely on it. Not to mention the bit of how it specifically monitors Kalos ecosystem.

* Like how Lugia is the 'Guardian of the Seas' and didn't show up in RSE/ORAS with Kyogre.

That's what I'm thinking. Especially since an eclipse is the sun and moon casting a shadow on each other or the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.