• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingscr34m11

Hoenn Native
Looking back on my speculated types for the two Legends, I thought about it more, and while I'm not yet too sure about Lunaala's typing at the moment, other than its going to include Fairy in some way (unless GF is going to troll us big time), I'm thinking of the possibility that Solgaleo of being a Fire/Steel type, which I covered in my previous theory. Why? Just look at it....that thing is super futuristic, muscular, manly, has a lot of metallic parts in its mane (definitely not organic) and the head's design, if you take away the eyes, looks like a space ship's cockpit of some kind. Also, many people around the net are joking about it being like "Liger Zero" from the Zoids series. In short, Solgaleo is a mech-like space-ship shaped like a lion.

Adding to that, Iron is a element found within the sun. In addition to that, seeing as the sun promotes life, iron only makes more sense because the said element is also vital for our bodies. In essence, as covered in my previous speculation, Solgaleo could be considered representing the "physical strength" of life.

Actually stars die once they starting creating iron. Maybe Solgaleo will be part fairy in nod to that?

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Actually, I think now might be a good time to go for Dark/Fairy for Lunaala, and Solgaleo to be Fire/Fairy. Solgaleo just reminds me of that tale we got told about Entei in the third movie...

I was thinking dark/fairy would be awesome for the bat one. Had not occurred to me for the lion to be fire/fairy, it doesn't really look cute enough to be fairy but then again it's a legendary and I think fire/fairy would be bad ***.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So if the Moon mascot is Dark/Fairy and the Sun mascot is Fire/Fairy then the third legendary could be Poison. I would love for a legendary to be Poison type that doesn't require a plate to make it Poison.

B. Thunder Tiger

Actually stars die once they starting creating iron. Maybe Solgaleo will be part fairy in nod to that?

http://www.space.com/17170-what-is-the-sun-made-of.html

Right at that link, it says the sun contains iron:
"The sun is also composed of about 26 percent helium and trace amounts of other elements — oxygen, carbon, neon, nitrogen, magnesium, iron and silicon."

The sun has a lot of metallic elements according to that page. I just picked Iron as its the most iconic and fits the stocky build of Solgaleo.

"The sun is also composed of about 26 percent helium and trace amounts of other elements — oxygen, carbon, neon, nitrogen, magnesium, iron and silicon."

The sun has a lot of metallic elements according to that page. I just picked Iron as its the most iconic and fits the stocky build of Solgaleo.

Kind of liking the idea that it's Fire/Fairy and Dark/Fairy atm...

KidKip

Avid Shiny Hunter
Kind of liking the idea that it's Fire/Fairy and Dark/Fairy atm...

I hate the idea of BOTH being fairy. I would love for Solgaleo to be steel type though. Lunaala is likely to be double typed with Dark or Fairy though.

To be fair everything besides hydrogen and helium only makes up about 2% of the mass, with iron contributing 0.14%(although it's about 23 times the percentage of iron in a human body, typically at 0.006%). Compare that to the earth in which iron is the most prominent element, making up about 1/3 of the whole mass. I think that's too little to justify a Steel typing if it is supposed to represent our current sun.
I really like the idea of Solgaleo being Steel if it is supposed to represent a dying star though.

B. Thunder Tiger

To be fair everything besides hydrogen and helium only makes up about 2% of the mass, with iron contributing 0.14%(although it's about 23 times the percentage of iron in a human body, typically at 0.006%). Compare that to the earth in which iron is the most prominent element, making up about 1/3 of the whole mass. I think that's too little to justify a Steel typing if it is supposed to represent our current sun.
I really like the idea of Solgaleo being Steel if it is supposed to represent a dying star though.

Makes sense. In truth, I only suggested Fire/Steel mainly because it looks so futuristic in its design. Everything else was just gravy to add more to the Steel typing. Its definitely not organic by any means. It looks more like a tech-organic extraterrestial alien space ship mech in the form of a lion due to its face being cockpit like.

Red and Blue

I wonder if the legendaries going to be ridiculously easy to catch for storyline purposes like Xerneas and Yveltal?

I wonder if the legendaries going to be ridiculously easy to catch for storyline purposes like Xerneas and Yveltal?

I hope not. I prefer it being handled like in ORAS, as in having them at a low capture rate(but being able to retry after completing the game if you failed/didn't bother the first time around, since GF seems to have moved away from screwing people over if they missed their first opportunity). Some people might find it a bit anticlimactic to be able to catch them at a later point, but I think that's nothing compared to just throwing a Quick Ball and be done with it.
I really didn't get why Xerneas and Yveltal were forced captures, it's not like the narrative absolutely required them to be caught, unlike Reshiram, Zekrom and Rayquaza.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
For the sake of saying so, i'll throw this tidbit into the theory pool of the mystery potential "Marshadow".

I would like "mar" to mean Marine. Just because i'd like to go on an underwater-cave adventure to catch a mother-trucking Kraken ala kyogre.
May not be relevant to any myths or even the other legends. I'd just think a giant tentacle-d monster legend would be nice.

As for for relevance of topic and whatnot, i'll go ahead and say that lion is the sun, bat is the moon, kraken can be the earth. earth mostly water, earth causes eclipses, kraken is eath. BOOM. Crazy 10 second theory complete-o.

Feel free to tell me that Krakens are not Hawaiian and whatnot. they're like.. Norse. In which case, connects to X/Y, zygarde 100% confirmed. Kraken done.

Red and Blue

The lion's fur looks almost metalic so Steel/Fire would be my best guess as other's mentioned. I honestly dont see how it could possibly be fairy

The lion's fur looks almost metalic so Steel/Fire would be my best guess as other's mentioned. I honestly dont see how it could possibly be fairy

Pretty simple in the colours and the symbolism, but I'm not against Fire/Steel (other than the fact we've already seen that before, and I'd like for them to continue with unique typings)

ebevan91

I hate the idea of BOTH being fairy. I would love for Solgaleo to be steel type though. Lunaala is likely to be double typed with Dark or Fairy though.

I'd just rather them be typed so one is not super effective against the other. Kinda like how Reshiram and Zekrom were fire and electric (ignoring the dragon type).

misunderstoodhero

Solgaleo just gives off an Fire/Electric vibe to me and I think the type combination would be befitting the Sun Pokemon.

Lunaala seems like it will be either Water/Flying or Ice/Flying to me. Maybe Water/Flying so Lunaala at least has a chance to fight back against Solgaleo, even if its Electric advantage is crushing.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that Zygarde is connected to these two legenderies as well as Yveltal and Xerneas and I can't wait to see how this connection might unfold.

cmats4020

Lunaala seems like it will be either Water/Flying or Ice/Flying to me. Maybe Water/Flying so Lunaala at least has a chance to fight back against Solgaleo, even if its Electric advantage is crushing.

Eh, I think it looks more Dark/Fairy-ish. I don't really think tactical advantage, at least in terms of typing, really is a thing with legendaries anymore; or at least GF seems to be straying from that approach (Yveltal<Xerneas).

Brought this up elsewhere but...

We have Solgaleo, the land-based Pokémon, and Lunaalu, which is another flying legendary (though whether that's reflected in typing remains to be seen).

I'd love the master of the trio to be a Kraken which instead of ink shoots out literally space, expanding the universe. Think it would be one of the few ways they could step-up dealing with that natural satellite and the thing that keeps us living.

EDIT: Cthulhu just got mentioned in regards to this; this is about to explode with awesomeness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.