• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

misunderstoodhero

Eh, I think it looks more Dark/Fairy-ish. I don't really think tactical advantage, at least in terms of typing, really is a thing with legendaries anymore; or at least GF seems to be straying from that approach (Yveltal<Xerneas).

I'm mainly coming to this conclusion purely because I believe these legendries share a connection with XY's legendries through Zygarde, and I think if they are connected Lunaala being Dark/Fairy would overlap with Xernas and Yveltal's typing too much.

Balancing the legendries against each other doesn't seem to have been GF's focus in the past. Kyogre dominated Groudon for a long time and as you said, Xerneas has a clear advantage over Yveltal. I personally think Solgaleo having the advantage over Lunaala makes sense anyway as I see the sun is clearly more central / plays a bigger part in our galaxy then the moon.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm guessing Sun legend is pure Fire. I don't really see any other typing it could possibly show. Moon legend Dark/Flying or Fairy/Flying. As stated before, I doubt it wouldn't be part Flying

Brought this up elsewhere but...

We have Solgaleo, the land-based Pokémon, and Lunaalu, which is another flying legendary (though whether that's reflected in typing remains to be seen).

I'd love the master of the trio to be a Kraken which instead of ink shoots out literally space, expanding the universe. Think it would be one of the few ways they could step-up dealing with that natural satellite and the thing that keeps us living.

EDIT: Cthulhu just got mentioned in regards to this; this is about to explode with awesomeness.
This is a pretty neat idea.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
Brought this up elsewhere but...

We have Solgaleo, the land-based Pokémon, and Lunaalu, which is another flying legendary (though whether that's reflected in typing remains to be seen).

I'd love the master of the trio to be a Kraken which instead of ink shoots out literally space, expanding the universe. Think it would be one of the few ways they could step-up dealing with that natural satellite and the thing that keeps us living.

EDIT: Cthulhu just got mentioned in regards to this; this is about to explode with awesomeness.

Another Kraken-friend~ I want it to happen. Posted Kraken hope an hour ago. I feel like there aren't enough types of creatures that are legends. Most of the older ones i can remember are dogs/cats/birds/dragons or something that isn't technically an animal. Glad they started making some deer and lions.

Red and Blue

What about a Water/Poison legendary/mythical based on a lionfish? Or a poison type legendary based on a hawaiian yellow bellied sea snake? Really I just finally want a poison type legendary/mythical. I'm amazed we've gone six gens without one

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Hmm, well the skeleton thing on Lunaala makes me thing ghost. And there is the fact that Solgaleo was shown using an obviously fire move in the Jap trailer. So I'm guessing Ghost for Lunaala and Fire for Solgaleo. But I doubt that they will both be pure typed, but one of them could be. I would like to think that Lunaala would also be flying typed, given its design, but that would make it seem like a bit of a Yveltal clone to me. Although there is the move that Lunaala is seen using, it does have a bit of a Fairy vibe coming from it, so I don't know.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Hmm, I'm actually starting to see fighting as a potential secondary typing for "Solgaleo". It has like a padded underbelly that looks to be tough and flexible. And it has armored/padded looking legs with bulging muscles. Also looks like it's wearing sneakers. Kind of reminds me of the musketeers, Terrakion especially.

What do you folks think about Fire/Fighting? A truly loved typing for starters ;).

Klay

Titan Tamer
Hmm, I'm actually starting to see fighting as a potential secondary typing for "Solgaleo". It has like a padded underbelly that looks to be tough and flexible. And it has armored/padded looking legs with bulging muscles. Also looks like it's wearing sneakers. Kind of reminds me of the musketeers, Terrakion especially.

What do you folks think about Fire/Fighting? A truly loved typing for starters ;).

I could see that happening, and we already had 4 legged Pkmn with fighting type so why not. I like the idea!

Solgaleo has slowly grown me. Majestic White Lion, light of the Sun...Love it. I'm getting some Reshiram vibes from it.

Same. Sort of.

What we've seen so far is giving me heavy Gen IV/Sinnoh vibes, from the relative upgrade in graphics making the world look so apart from the others, and the general designs of the Pokémon. I'm definitely getting Dialga/Palkia vibes from Solgaleo and Lunaalu.

Creyk

I wouldn't be surprised if the lion was pure fire in the end. Literally Entei's dad heh.

The moon thing is just so weird it will be a big mystery until the official reveal, but a ghost/fairy type would be nice imo.

But what about battle strenghts? The bat looks rather fragile imo, so maybe it could be a quick attacker type of pokemon. (special attacker).
The lion I guess physical, although it could surprise us, with better defenses.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Not sure if anyone else noticed this. But when "Lunaala"uses it's signature move. The anchor/scythe tail blade thing widens. and the spike/blades on the bottom of it's wings change shape.

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Looking at Lunaala, I think it'll be Ghost over Dark due to the fact it looks quite skeletal. Besides, we're overdue for another Ghost-Type Legend, I believe we only have Giratina so far? Not counting Hoopa due to its Mythical status.
Mythical and legendary Pokemon mean the same thing...

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Mythical and legendary Pokemon mean the same thing...

Legendary- Trios and Title Mascot Legendaries such as Mewtwo, Dialga

Mythical- Pokemon that can only be obtained through event such as Mew, Genesect

wave guiding rukario

IM THE BEST TRAINER
I find the new legendaries quite refreshing, I think there color scheme shows you some sort of Duality with Xerneas and Yveltal, I think the fact they white colored where probably they will have Black Shinies (Badass Solgaleo color) which the opposite of Xerneas and Yveltal, I think there's an Earth Creature that will be the third legendary or it will Zygarde too he will be the center of a 2 trios. and on the same fashion I think the typings will be Fire for the Pibedal legendary and Fairy/Flying for the Flying legendary, and maybe if Zygarde isn't the third legendary it will be a big Torterra like creature.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'd just rather them be typed so one is not super effective against the other. Kinda like how Reshiram and Zekrom were fire and electric (ignoring the dragon type).

Solgaleo = fire/fighting
Lunaala = fairy/dark
marshadow = poison/water

That way the first two are neutralized, although Lunaala's dark moves will be not very effective.
Marshadow can have power over both of them!

Shraeder

It's Lit
I wouldn't be surprised if the lion was pure fire in the end. Literally Entei's dad heh.

The moon thing is just so weird it will be a big mystery until the official reveal, but a ghost/fairy type would be nice imo.

But what about battle strenghts? The bat looks rather fragile imo, so maybe it could be a quick attacker type of pokemon. (special attacker).
The lion I guess physical, although it could surprise us, with better defenses.

I think Solgaleo will be kinda mixed since its signature attack seems like a special move, while also having lower Sp Def than Def, and decent Speed. Luanda seems like it could be a very fast special attacker/special wall. But then again we have to consider that every single mascot legendary has had base 90-100 speed, so it's very likely they could repeat that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.