• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It is Marshadow.

It's katakana is Marshadow.

It's romanization is Marshadow.

The f*** are you on.

Somebody's hide is hurt here.

And no, remember, in the latest Nintendo Investors Briefing they said that they will push for more female players, so there will much more Fairies.

That doesn't mean Fairies have to take up more than two legendary slots.

That would bring its total to 4, which is more than other types have gotten.

And Pokemon have always appealed to girls its why the female character got added in gen 2, Fairies can come in batches of few per generation like the Dragon typing has done. Not every Pokemon meant for the female audience is even Fairy, Buneary.

Poison deserves its first legendary, and ice/ghost need more

.Aerodactyl.

Sorry, pal. You're the one in the wrong here.

xHSQ4NX.png

The above are the OFFICIAL romanization of the names.

I just noticed the number attributed to these trademarks and Solgaleo and Lunaala are right after eachother (22905 and 22906) same with Mokuroh and Ashimari (35412 and 35413) but Nyabby is completely different (25239). Wouldn't the three starters most likely be together? Maybe Nyabby isn't the fire starter after all but just a Pokémon? After all, there is no fire in its name if I remember the break down its just "meow" and "tabby" put together, isn't it?

Maybe Nyabby is even the pika clone...

Oh wait. Wrong thread for this. I'll post that though in starters. But just looking at the dates of the trademark is telling...notice that Marshadow is done on the heels of the other two Starters. Definitely feels like the third legend to tie them together.

EDIT: Ons second glance, I realize Marshadow is actually a whole month down the road...huh. I wonder also if this will force Nintendo to change tactics? For X/Y, I don't think we had any hint of Zygarde so early. They might have wanted to keep the third legend under wraps, but if the trademark is real and not fake, we will know it to be true automatically if we see any of the others happen.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think they could make up for fairy legendaries in this gen by adding a few. Fairy typing seems like it would have been the basis for A LOT of legendaries if it was around since the beginning, and fairy just seems like a legendary typing along with psychic and dragon.

If marshadow has anything to do with being evil and anti-life/earth, than I could see it definitely being poison/dark. Especially if it was born out of an eclipse or something as some have suggested. That idea is growing on me a lot.

I think they could make up for fairy legendaries in this gen by adding a few. Fairy typing seems like it would have been the basis for A LOT of legendaries if it was around since the beginning, and fairy just seems like a legendary typing along with psychic and dragon.

If marshadow has anything to do with being evil and anti-life/earth, than I could see it definitely being poison/dark. Especially if it was born out of an eclipse or something as some have suggested. That idea is growing on me a lot.

We need a Poison legend like, real bad. I mean it's odd normal has more than Posion, considering Normal and legendary sound like opposites.

shadowF

I was just wondering if anyone can explain to me why Marshadow is being speculated to be the third legendary? Is there a chance Marshadow is not a legendary but instead a pokemon with the same importance as Lucario and Zoroark had in different generations? (Not arguing with anyone, I just hope Marshadow is a regular pokemon and not a legendary because it sounds like it will have a cool design that I would like to have and would want to use competitively but wont be able to if he is the third legendary and part of the solgaleo and lunaala trio and those pokemon are way to powerful to be in used competitively).

Creyk

How about no overdone boring Dragon and psychic legendaries and lots of fairy, ghost, ice and poison types instead?
GF really needs to stop masking their laziness with being "traditional" when even they know innovation is important
I'm sure everyone would welcome the change

STADIUM

Boulder Trainer
Assuming Marshadow is the third legendary, why so many people tries to assign it types that are balanced with the other two? This also happens a lot with starters. Balance is nice and all, but the lack of it is also fine as well. Look at Zygarde: the poor thing cannot hit Yveltal with its STAB Earthquakes, nor can it hit Xerneas with its Dragon-Type attacks. Where is the balance there?

Yes, Gen VI had a starters trio that was balanced type-wise, but that doesn't mean it is cannon and it should be like that forever. (Either for legendaries and starters.)

.Aerodactyl.

Personally, I hope Marshadow is poison/dark (cause Mars atmosphere is killer to us) and I see the dark getting added on cause shadow is literally in the name and I see it as some kind of eclipse reference.

aeschtunesfan

Personally, I hope Marshadow is poison/dark (cause Mars atmosphere is killer to us) and I see the dark getting added on cause shadow is literally in the name and I see it as some kind of eclipse reference.

That would make a lot of sense! Plus, on the Mars and eclipse things that have been mentioned, Lunar eclipses are red, just like Mars, and caused by shadows, tying into the Marshadow name! I really hope Marshadow is a poison type legendary, we really need one of those!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just noticed the number attributed to these trademarks and Solgaleo and Lunaala are right after eachother (22905 and 22906) same with Mokuroh and Ashimari (35412 and 35413) but Nyabby is completely different (25239). Wouldn't the three starters most likely be together? Maybe Nyabby isn't the fire starter after all but just a Pokémon? After all, there is no fire in its name if I remember the break down its just "meow" and "tabby" put together, isn't it?

Maybe Nyabby is even the pika clone...

Oh wait. Wrong thread for this. I'll post that though in starters. But just looking at the dates of the trademark is telling...notice that Marshadow is done on the heels of the other two Starters. Definitely feels like the third legend to tie them together.

EDIT: Ons second glance, I realize Marshadow is actually a whole month down the road...huh. I wonder also if this will force Nintendo to change tactics? For X/Y, I don't think we had any hint of Zygarde so early. They might have wanted to keep the third legend under wraps, but if the trademark is real and not fake, we will know it to be true automatically if we see any of the others happen.

To be honest, I'm really skeptical about this whole trademark thing.

These trademarks are valid of course, but Game Freak (株式会社ゲームフリーク) and Creatures Inc. (株式会社クリーチャーズ) are usually the names filed under the "Applicant/Holder" of these trademarks. These trademarks are filed by different people, which makes it questionable.

Oh well, we'll know when CoroCoro reveal them.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

These trademarks are valid of course, but Game Freak (株式会社ゲームフリーク) and Creatures Inc. (株式会社クリーチャーズ) are usually the names filed under the "Applicant/Holder" of these trademarks. These trademarks are filed by different people, which makes it questionable.

Personally I'm not that skeptical just because we have five names, all of which feature some degree of puns/portmanteaus, two of which that reference the sun and moon, one for water, one for grass, and one that's a cat (which could reference a tiger, and thus a Chinese zodiac sign like the other fire starters). It all lines up too perfectly to be anything but Pokemon. So unless someone's filing fake trademarks to throw us off, it would be weird if these were anything else.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
How about no overdone boring Dragon and psychic legendaries and lots of fairy, ghost, ice and poison types instead?
GF really needs to stop masking their laziness with being "traditional" when even they know innovation is important
I'm sure everyone would welcome the change

Yeah, I'm on this side.

More Ghost legendaries alongside a revived Giratina for DP remakes could also help Ghosts become their own unique thing, like how Dragon became in Gen V's marketing with its new unique TCG energy.

branflake

Freedom Fighter
Yeah, I'm on this side.

More Ghost legendaries alongside a revived Giratina for DP remakes could also help Ghosts become their own unique thing, like how Dragon became in Gen V's marketing with its new unique TCG energy.

I would not get my hopes up for remakes for quite some time, as S+M are part of gneration 6.5, we don't know if that will mean we will get remakes this generation.

Snoo

Work Hard, Play Hard
I would not get my hopes up for remakes for quite some time, as S+M are part of gneration 6.5, we don't know if that will mean we will get remakes this generation.

The official Nintendo sites of Denmark and Norway have updated and explicitly refer to SM as gen VII.

Special thanks to Endless for the confirmation. :)

Last edited:

branflake

Freedom Fighter
The official Nintendo sites of Denmark and Norway have updated and explicitly refer to SM as gen VII.

Special thanks to Endless for the confirmation. :)

well I'm going to wait until it's confirmed in english to make my decision

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I would love a poison type legendary....and NO MORE DRAGONS/PSYCHIC TYPES

Yeah, I'm on this side.

I don't think it was stated that Giratina was ever really 'dead' though, unless I'm thinking of the wrong type of revived. It seems more it's Ghost because of how mysterious Anti-Matter is, and how it is a parallel to the naturally Normal-Type Arceus.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer

I think there's sense in that but. If these are true. Going through this "third party" Intellectual Property Lawyer has helped them fly under the radar for around two months. Helping Gamefreak/Nintendo to somewhat limit premature speculation and design clues before they decide to officially unveil title legendaries/starters.

Or the hilarious and nigh-impossible theory that the IP lawyer took his best guess at the names in an attempt to get a huge payout from Nintendo.

B. Thunder Tiger

If Marshadow is indeed representing a eclipse, what if Marshadow wasn't the Trio Master perse, but rather, a offspring of both the Sun and/or Moon Legends of some kind, due to, as some people already mentioned, ancient myths and legends involving the Sun and Moon falling in "love"? If you think about it, it kind of makes sense. This is because both the sun and moon are astronomical objects, whereas a eclipse isn't "something physical" but rather a effect caused by said mentioned objects, mostly resulting from the Moon, which makes sense because the Moon also represents femininity, seeing as children come forth from female species.

Lunar Eclipse:
Occurs only when the Moon, the Sun and the Earth are alligned perfectly, and the moon moves into the Earth's "shadow" .
Solar Eclipse:
Occurs only when the Moon moves into the path of the Sun and blocks off all its sunlight/energy.

The name would make a lot of sense, because Marshadow (if speculation ends up true) could technically be seen as the "shadow child" of the Moon and the Sun (Solar Eclipse), or the Moon, the Sun and the Earth (Lunar Eclipse). Basically, the legendary would be the child that's born from the shadows of the Sun and Moon and/or Earth.

Besides that, I agree with others that Marshadow, whatever it may end up being, is without a doubt going to be a Dark Type of some kind, that is if it represents the Eclipse. As for its typing, I'm looking at "Dark/Grass". Why the "Grass" type you ask? Because if anyone has noticed, and I sure you have, the word "Marshadow" includes the word "Marsh" which is a type of wetland dominated by herbaceous plants. In addition, if one takes this into account, ironically all three Legendaries would represent the classic "Starter" triangle. That is if the Sun represents the Fire type and the Moon Legendary has the Water typing.

Its also very possible that Marshadow could refer to Planet Mars and its poisonous atmosphere, which in case, Dark/Poison would be the perfect ace typing for it, and make it the very first Poison-type Legendary many have been clamouring for. In addition, I'm convinced that Zygarde is going to play a bigger role as well, seeing as the Earth is needed to create the Lunar Eclipse. In essence, the line up, if the names end up being true, could end up being the following:

Solgaleo - the Sun.
Lunaala - the Moon
Marshadow - the Eclipse
Zygarde - the Earth

As for their typings, aside Zygarde who is Ground/Dragon, these are my following predictions/speculations:

Solgaleo - Fire/Fairy or Fire/Electric (the latter because the sun has a electromagnetic field around it)
Lunaala - Water/Dark or Water/Flying (the latter due to Ala meaning Wing in Spanish)
Marshadow - Dark/Grass or Poison/Dark (see above explanations)

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Why do people think Zygarde 100% represents the earth? order=/=earth. Seems like wishful thinking to me because they want it to be relevant to the story which I doubt it will be. This is gen 7, it's time in the spotlight is over for the games. Watch the anime if you want more Zygarde.

Status
Not open for further replies.