• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
The more I see it the more I love Solgaleo's design. It reminds me of Liger Zero from Zoids which was integral to my childhood lol. Lunaala looks cool as well, though it's design seems a little awkward. I love it's attack animation though. I'm sure it will grow on me. The legendaries and starters for this generation all have a funky looking vibe, it's hard to put my finger on exactly. But I'm liking it!

This makes me wonder, since the Alola region is quite obviously the region that the backpacker from XY is from, what legendary is the Strange Souvenir depicting? Can't wait to see that!

storm12

Weather Bearer
How come?! It's so badass and beastly :D
Though tbh I really dislike Lunaala's design, so I can't really call you out on that :')

I hate that description of well, anything, so I guess thats one thing.

It feels conceptually redundant, caught somewhere star lion luxray and fire lion pyroar. It's just been done :L

The box art makes it look like a weird cyber toy thing, look at it's feet and it's hind legs/thighs. Its so superfluous too.

Lunala reminds me of Yveltal mixed with Cresselia, it looks elegant and yet pretty scary.

The more I see it the more I love Solgaleo's design. It reminds me of Liger Zero from Zoids which was integral to my childhood lol. Lunaala looks cool as well, though it's design seems a little awkward. I love it's attack animation though. I'm sure it will grow on me. The legendaries and starters for this generation all have a funky looking vibe, it's hard to put my finger on exactly. But I'm liking it!

This makes me wonder, since the Alola region is quite obviously the region that the backpacker from XY is from, what legendary is the Strange Souvenir depicting? Can't wait to see that!

That is what it looks like! a Zoid!

catzeye

Writer's Block
Now that I've gotten a better look at it...I do really like Lunala's design as well as Solgaleo's

I think I might actually get both games this time around just so I can have both.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Lemme guess you're expecting something like this

http://pre02.deviantart.net/f89c/th/pre/i/2016/114/d/3/solgaleo_by_lucas_costa-da02bn1.png

Yeah these might be fake. Mostly because how the moon legendary looks in this other, and also the clearly joking note here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE41S19rBK4

i was expecting more god like features and they delivered :D they don't look overly zoid at all but they don't just look like earthly creatures. So good.
Solgaleo actually looks like a god lion and not some bad mixture of entei and pyroar. I LOVE solgaleo's mask with it's space look, such contrast to his body.

Lunalaa is beautiful, love the design. Has awesome bat like features yet looks very godly like also, couldn't have asked for better. When they both use their attacks it's just so good. SO HAPPY it's not a wolf.

I hate that description of well, anything, so I guess thats one thing.

It feels conceptually redundant, caught somewhere star lion luxray and fire lion pyroar. It's just been done :L

The box art makes it look like a weird cyber toy thing, look at it's feet and it's hind legs/thighs. Its so superfluous too.

Lunala reminds me of Yveltal mixed with Cresselia, it looks elegant and yet pretty scary.

That is what it looks like! a Zoid!

I don't think it looks overly zoid, especially compared to the above picture that I quoted. If it looked anymore earthlike then I dont think itd be an accurate representation of the sun

storm12

Weather Bearer
i was expecting more god like features and they delivered :D they don't look overly zoid at all but they don't just look like earthly creatures. So good.
Solgaleo actually looks like a god lion and not some bad mixture of entei and pyroar. I LOVE solgaleo's mask with it's space look, such contrast to his body.

Lunalaa is beautiful, love the design. Has awesome bat like features yet looks very godly like also, couldn't have asked for better. When they both use their attacks it's just so good. SO HAPPY it's not a wolf.

I don't think it looks overly zoid, especially compared to the above picture that I quoted. If it looked anymore earthlike then I dont think itd be an accurate representation of the sun

I feel it looks kind of cyber/synthetic though so that is odd. I imagined it differently I guess, even after having to resign to it being ANOTHER LION. I feel it is one of Gamefreak's most uncreative moves in a while- especially compared to Lunala who looks bat like which is surprising and different, even it is winged as many thought.

Aetius

Whoa! Both Solgaleo and Lunaala looks majestic! I love them!
I really can't come up with a typing for the two of them though...
Fire should be a given for Solgaleo, but what about Lunaala? What about their secondar type (if they have one)?

Aura24

I'm loving the Moon Bat Legendary. X3

Too many lions now pff

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
inb4 the two Legendaries are just non-reptilian Dragon types with color schemes consistent with hypothesized sun and moon designs.

though I really, REALLY hope that they're Fire/Fairy and Dark/Fairy, respectively.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
You know, they both could have steel as a secondary typing. I know the gold is probably just an aesthetic feature, but we have a small chance at fire/steel and dark/steel or fairy/steel.

Probably not though, but something to consider I guess.

Though I can see coro coro releasing their names, height/weight and typing.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
You know, they both could have steel as a secondary typing. I know the gold is probably just an aesthetic feature, but we have a small chance at fire/steel and dark/steel or fairy/steel.

Probably not though, but something to consider I guess.

Though I can see coro coro releasing their names, height/weight and typing.

PS: Now the strange souvenir poke fits perfectly as a big ol' tiki guardian!

storm12

Weather Bearer
inb4 the two Legendaries are just non-reptilian Dragon types with color schemes consistent with hypothesized sun and moon designs.

though I really, REALLY hope that they're Fire/Fairy and Dark/Fairy, respectively.

I'm sorry to say its more likely that if they share a type it would be Psychic.

I love how Lunala's typing is throwing everyone off. Ice/Ghost/Dark/Psychic/Fairy/Flying are all still in the running. Tbh I can't imagine it being NOT of those types. In terms of most to least likely combos:

1)Ghost/Fairy: It looks like this and it is as yet unused type
2)Fairy/Dark: Another as yet unused type and looks fitting.
3)Ghost/Flying A rare type that works visually with it being bat-like
< -----most likely typings
4)Fairy/Flying:Not a unique type but still reasonably fitting
5)Fairy/Ice: Another recombination of the possible typing
----- Least likely typings >
6)Ghost/Ice: Potentially.
7)Dark/Flying: We just had Yveltal
8)Ghost/Dark: It would be incredibly surprising

I feel it will have one of Fairy/Dark/Ghost for sure and possibly Ice or Flying or one of the first set as a second type.

You guys aren't considering that this Fire lion will be probably be a ton better than the wasted potential that was Pyroar. Cool design imo but with so many flaws.

So if they already had Solgaleo planned why even bother with Pyroar? If Litleo became a manticore like people briefly theorized at least it would have been different. At this point it makes Solgaleo feel conceptually redundant.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm absolutely loving both of these Legendaries! I'm a sucker for feline Pokémon so the Sun legendary (I refuse to use the names until they're confirmed haha!) is definitely #1 for me right now, but the Moon Legendary seems so regal and interesting (I'm getting Olympia vibes from it!)

As far as typing, definitely expected Fire for the Sun Legendary (maybe no secondary typing). The whole Olympia resemblance makes me think the Moon Legendary will be a combination of Psychic, Poison, Ghost, Fairy, Dark or Flying, hopefully not the second two together again though!

Ajduk

The lion is definitely fire/fighting type. Fire because sun, fighting because physique.
The other one is most likely dark/flying. Dark because moon, flying because it flies.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I... I don't know what to say on their designs... I'm mixed. But I like the Sun lion better :)

Regarding the typing, the Sun lion will be a pure Fire-type, while the Moon bat Dark/Poison.

What?

Edit: Ash-Greninja'd.

The whole Olympia resemblance makes me think the Moon Legendary will be a combination of Psychic, Poison, Ghost, Fairy, Dark or Flying, hopefully not the second two together again though!

Reminds me of when people were using Skyla as a reason for Sylveon being Flying-type. Out of curiosity, did that happen on serebii as well? :?

The lion is definitely fire/fighting type. Fire because sun, fighting because physique.
The other one is most likely dark/flying. Dark because moon, flying because it flies.

Eww, please not after Yveltal. We just got rid of Fire/Fighting starters, please not type repeats.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
IF they don't throw a new typing at us, I'm going to go with:

Sun Legendary: Fire/Electric

Moon Legendary: Fairy/Dark

ssquaderi

I see Solgaleo being pure Fire, it kinda looks like Entei, unless they introduce a new type like Light or sth, Solgaleo will be Pure Fire from the looks of it, Lunaala is a lot more interesting, from the looks of it, it could be Dark/Flying but we just had Yveltal, so, maybe Psychic/Dark more on the line of being a Dark Cresselia...

storm12

Weather Bearer
What do those legendaries control this time? Certainly not day and night.

It could well be, we don't currently have legends strongly associated with them- alongside the Moon and Sun of cause. Night and day was featured very heavily in the Japanese trailer... perhaps the villain teams want perpetual night/day

Status
Not open for further replies.