• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Pretty sure they were meaning the initial pairs, they've all been red/blue themed to an extent.

Red/Blue (Duh, but in Japan it was Red/Green)
Gold/Silver (Gold is warm, like red, and Ho-oh has red, Silver is cold, like blue, and Lugia has blue)
Ruby/Sapphire (Duh)
Diamond/Pearl (Blue, and a more-red-than-blue purple)
Black/White (Reshiram and Zekrom have red/blue aspects)
Black 2/White 2 (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have blue/red aspects)
X/Y (Red/Blue)
Sun/Moon (Sun has orange/red themes, Moon has purple/blue themes)

I wouldn't say they are remakes, not even improved, just ports.
Yeah, this is pretty much what I meant. But with BW it didn't really caught my eye that much, but now that you mention it: Reshiram has some red toned colours when he powers and and Zekrom is blue. And I forgot about B2W2.

B. Thunder Tiger

Looking back on my speculated types for the two Legends, I thought about it more, and while I'm not yet too sure about Lunaala's typing at the moment, other than its going to include Fairy in some way (unless GF is going to troll us big time), I'm thinking of the possibility that Solgaleo of being a Fire/Steel type, which I covered in my previous theory. Why? Just look at it....that thing is super futuristic, muscular, manly, has a lot of metallic parts in its mane (definitely not organic) and the head's design, if you take away the eyes, looks like a space ship's cockpit of some kind. Also, many people around the net are joking about it being like "Liger Zero" from the Zoids series. In short, Solgaleo is a mech-like space-ship shaped like a lion.

Adding to that, Iron is a element found within the sun. In addition to that, seeing as the sun promotes life, iron only makes more sense because the said element is also vital for our bodies. In essence, as covered in my previous speculation, Solgaleo could be considered representing the "physical strength" of life.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I wonder if we are getting a third legendary? Game Freak seems to have stop making third versions which associates with third legendary pokemon. Maybe a post game story for the gen 7 third legendary member?

One thing doesn't correlate to the other since we still got a third version in the past without having a legendary trio. Anyway, the Pokémon in question could be "Marshadow".

Looking back on my speculated types for the two Legends, I thought about it more, and while I'm not yet too sure about Lunaala's typing at the moment, other than its going to include Fairy in some way (unless GF is going to troll us big time), I'm thinking of the possibility that Solgaleo of being a Fire/Steel type, which I covered in my previous theory. Why? Just look at it....that thing is super futuristic, muscular, manly, has a lot of metallic parts in its mane (definitely not organic) and the head's design, if you take away the eyes, looks like a space ship's cockpit of some kind. Also, many people around the net are joking about it being like "Liger Zero" from the Zoids series. In short, Solgaleo is a mech-like space-ship shaped like a lion.

Adding to that, Iron is a element found within the sun. In addition to that, seeing as the sun promotes life, iron only makes more sense because the said element is also vital for our bodies. In essence, as covered in my previous speculation, Solgaleo could be considered representing the "physical strength" of life.

I like your theory, but I'd like to point out Lunaala shares that 'cockpit' like section near its eyes :v

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
Well if we have Sun and Moon legends I'm guessing Marshadow is supposed to be representing the Earth... Marsh+Shadow, so maybe Grass/Ghost or Ground/Ghost?

B. Thunder Tiger

I like your theory, but I'd like to point out Lunaala shares that 'cockpit' like section near its eyes :v

You're right, I forgot about that. Perhaps Lunaala is a space ship too, but shaped like a bat. Now they just need to combine together, ala Megazord style, to form (you heard it here) Marshadow!

[video=youtube;MB8oD25Ocio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB8oD25Ocio[/video]

Note: This is a joke. Don't take it seriously.

You're right, I forgot about that. Perhaps Lunaala is a space ship too, but shaped like a bat. Now they just need to combine together, ala Megazord style, to form (you heard it here) Marshadow!

[video=youtube;MB8oD25Ocio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB8oD25Ocio[/video]

Note: This is a joke. Don't take it seriously.

It's the Pokemon Ranger's power-up Megazord after they lose the Tyrantrum, Bastiodon, Raikou, Mamoswine and Aerodactyl Zords :p

But in all seriousness, I how their symbols seem to show up on their 'visors'! It looks so cool :3

B. Thunder Tiger

It's the Pokemon Ranger's power-up Megazord after they lose the Tyrantrum, Bastiodon, Raikou, Mamoswine and Aerodactyl Zords :p

But in all seriousness, I how their symbols seem to show up on their 'visors'! It looks so cool :3

Yeah, indeed, that is what I really like about these Legendaries. They're not just your typical lion and bat, that is for sure. They look as alien as Dialga and Palkia with their weird eyes and design.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
If you wanna play devil's advocate to kill time I'll bite ;)

Previously, you said that Cresselia does not disprove your theory because it doesn't have "wings", and that it levitates wih a psychic typing. I counter with, what constitutes as wings then in order for a Pokemon to have wings and no feet?

In this case I would say that wings are flappable appendages that can be used to press down upon the air for flight.

Lunaala is also seen maintaining a "flying" position without the flapping of the appendages you label "wings" as seen in the video. Further more, there appears to be no beginning, or end, to the wing-like structures on the legendary Pokémon. In fact, it's whole body is consisted of the same structure... So what is it? It's body? A uni-wing? If so, can a creature really fly with only one wing? You maintain that a winged legless creature must be of the flying type, and yet you haven't proven said Pokémon to be winged, only legless.

So I just rewatched the US trailer at 0.25 speed to get a good look at "Lunaala" in action. It has a anchor shaped "blade" where it's feet would be. It seems to me that it's spine would run down through the center of the body and end off there. It's ribs would be beneath the chest area where you see the white criss-crossy bone? growths.

So now we have a general idea of where it's main body is. So the wings are made of a thin layer of skin stretched off of the arms. The thin layer of skin connects to the sides of the torso. Also, it is constantly flapping it's wings. The only time it stops is to use it's attack. And a lot of winged pokes sort of break the rules of physics when they use certain attacks. They just stop flapping and go into a dramatic pose.

Other uni-body structured Pokémon include solosis, who maintains the same circular mono-body structure as Lunaala, has no feet and is able to maintain hovering positions without flapping anything. If is not of the flying type.

So we already have a basic definition for wings for my theory. I would assume that Solosus can float because of it's psychic power. Just like some ghost pokes can float because of some mysterious supernatural force.

(I'm not trying to be mean or prove you wrong to be a jerk, just thought I'd chime in to kill time myself!)

Oh no worries, I'm always glad to have a healthy debate. I'm just enjoying this theory, and am actually very surprised at how successful I have been at keeping it going lol. It's something to pass time while we wait for new things to come. I'll defend it until someone truly disproves it!

Class Zero

We have arrived.
So I just saw something that perpetuated my dislike of Lunaala.

CiMUFcfWUAADZQ7.jpg

Cannot un-see.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I always liked that about Lunatone. It's snazzy symmetry makes you question where the front is.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So I just saw something that perpetuated my dislike of Lunaala.

CiMUFcfWUAADZQ7.jpg

Cannot un-see.

I love this more than I probably should...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Given that wing is literally in Lunaala's name (just in a different language, of course) I'm guessing it'll be part Flying.

alexterri

Surprised I haven't seen anyone making any Kimba The White Lion jokes with the Sun legendary, honestly.

I like both legendaries though

I'm really hoping Lunaala isn't Flying, I believe that's the third or second most common legendary type? Though if it is, it definitely needs to avoid Dark because we just got Yveltal, who notably was also the mascot of the second version. IMO, Flying/Fairy is my preferred combo if it is Flying because it's unique, references the moon with its type, and we're short on pure and primary Flying-Types.

I'm really hoping Lunaala isn't Flying, I believe that's the third or second most common legendary type? Though if it is, it definitely needs to avoid Dark because we just got Yveltal, who notably was also the mascot of the second version. IMO, Flying/Fairy is my preferred combo if it is Flying because it's unique, references the moon with its type, and we're short on pure and primary Flying-Types.

Actually, I think now might be a good time to go for Dark/Fairy for Lunaala, and Solgaleo to be Fire/Fairy. Solgaleo just reminds me of that tale we got told about Entei in the third movie...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Any idea on the their signature moves? In Japan trailer when the mom and son notice the store the Sun legend is shown on the TV through the window using some sort of orange beam. And Lunaala was shown in the US trailer some other sort of beam move.

Edit: Le pic.

image.jpg

Any idea on the their signature moves? In Japan trailer when the mom and son notice the store the Sun legend is shown on the TV through the window using some sort of orange beam. And Lunaala was shown in the US trailer some other sort of beam move.

Edit: Le pic.

View attachment 15520

Solar Flare and Lunar Beam

I don't know why, but after a little though, I feel like these Pokémon could have to do with dreams and nightmares. We see Solgaleo, a majestic Pokémon, during the daydream, and Lunaala during the nightmare.

Perhaps I'm looking too far into this...it's going to be difficult deciding which I play first!

Status
Not open for further replies.