• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Fire/Psychic and Ghost/Psychic

Done sealed packed away. Each have to do with space and a whole bunch of "ooo spooky spiritual" things happen with them and they all have 3rd eyes. Luunala is Ghost (or maybe dark) to signify night and Solgaleo is obviously fire.

Sometimes the easiest things to think of are the way to go.

AlchemistAzure

Ok so if both of these legendaries are the types we are thinking (Fire and Dark) then i think it is safe to say that these will be the top nicknames for these pokemon.

Lion: Mufasa

Bat: Batman

Shraeder

It's Lit
To go with the theory that Marshadow is an eclipse Pokemon that has strength over both Solgaleo and Lunaala, I predict that their typings will be Fire/Psychic and Psychic/Flying. This would make Marshadow either Dark/Rock or Ghost/Rock, meaning it has a double advantage over both legendaries. Also, if Marshadow is indeed a Rock type, it could be the Pokemon that the strange souvenir ends up being based on

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I kind of what the mascots to have an advantage over each other equally. I don't really like how one mascot has an advantage over the other. I believe the third legendary should be the one with biggest advantage of them all. Or the mascots don't have an advantage over each other but the third one has the advantage over the two. Example - Fire for Sun mascot, Ghost/Flying for Moon mascot and Rock type for the third legendary pokemon.

Autobot N

I kind of what the mascots to have an advantage over each other equally. I don't really like how one mascot has an advantage over the other. I believe the third legendary should be the one with biggest advantage of them all. Or the mascots don't have an advantage over each other but the third one has the advantage over the two. Example - Fire for Sun mascot, Ghost/Flying for Moon mascot and Rock type for the third legendary pokemon.

I had seen this thrown out there somewhere:
Solgaleo: Fire/Fighting
Lunaala: Fairy/Dark
Marshadow: Water/Poison
That way, Solgaleo and Lunaala wouldn't have advantages over each other, and Marshadow would beat both of them.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
That way, Solgaleo and Lunaala wouldn't have advantages over each other, and Marshadow would beat both of them.

I don't know, I can't see Solgaleo as a Fighting type... The types will probably be in a way Solgaleo and Lunaala have advantages between each other and Marshadow over both.

Was that the case with Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde in X/Y?

Ok so if both of these legendaries are the types we are thinking (Fire and Dark) then i think it is safe to say that these will be the top nicknames for these pokemon.

Lion: Mufasa

Bat: Batman

Batman for the bat?! Just take a good look at it! It's not even a guy!

More like Batgirl :p

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I don't know, I can't see Solgaleo as a Fighting type... The types will probably be in a way Solgaleo and Lunaala have advantages between each other and Marshadow over both.

No, Xerneas had the advantage over the other two even though it is not the trio master. It made it uneven for the legendary pokemon of gen 6. Hope it is not the case this gen but we'll see.

Akashin

X and Y had Xerneas (in terms of Type matchups) defeat both Yveltal and Zygarde, and had Zygarde's STABs each be completely ineffective against one of Xerneas and Yveltal.

XXD17

Draco rex
Yeah, Deerling is probably the best case of a Grass-Type not looking like a Grass-Type, especially in it's non-Summer Forms, though even it still has a flower growing out of its head and is colored to look like plants in the various seasons.

I don't think it's fair to judge deerling on just one form...If you look at all four of its forms as a collective, it becomes obvious what type it should be...it changes from pink to green to orange to brown very much like what a cherry tree goes through. That means the grass typing is apparent even though you can't really tell from looking at just one form. in fact, it's not the individual form that makes this apparent, but rather the very fact that it does change that does. I mean if you look at just winter sawsbuck, would you classify it as a grass type either?

As for the legendary typings, am I the only one that can't really see dark? I don't think physical darkness is reason at all to suggest that lunaala will be a dark type...I mean dark type is "evil" type after all and I don't see the moon being anymore sinister than the sun lol. Plus, the only lunar 'mon that we've had that's dark type is umbreon, but that's mostly due to its sinister aura surrounding the dark rather than being based on the moon or physical darkness. Even though I want fire/ fairy for solgaleo, I can definitely see fire/ psychic...as for lunaala, I'm still sticking with fairy/ ghost.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't think it's fair to judge darling on just one form...If you look at all four of its forms as a collective, it becomes obvious what type it should be...it changes from pink to green to orange to brown very much like what a cherry tree goes through. That means the grass typing is apparent even though you can't really tell from looking at just one form. in fact, it's not the individual form that makes this apparent, but rather the very fact that it does change that does. I mean if you look at just winter sawsbuck, would you classify it as a grass type either?

I actually totally agree with you. I was just saying that because I was in a debate about Grass-Type looking like Grass-Type at the time, and I had to admit that Deerling looks the least like one. Doesn't mean it doesn't look like one.

astarsas

Hmmmm...
For some reason I see Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy happening with fairy the common type kinda like how dragon was in gen4 and gen5 but ONLY this one gen

Rsr57

For Solgaleo, i can only see Fire type. So pure Fire is my bet. Secondary Electric and Psychic theories seem plausible. And i´d love Fire/Electric.

Lunaala is trickier. Dark(the most obvious for me),Ghost, Psychic, Flying, Fairy and to a lesser extent, Ice, are all possible combinations.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

I post it about once a week :D and I'm still sticking to it. Solagaleo looks fighting type for the same reasons the muskadeers look fighting type, their boots and fur that looks like padding. Fighting type also stands for justice. Fire becaue duuh
Lunaala for fairy dark because the moon has the affiliation with fairy typing, which fairy also includes supernatural magic, which the moon is also related to. Dark because the moon is enveloped with darkness, I could also ghost for this reason, but dark WAY more.
Marshadow will be water because of the mar, and poison if it has to do with any sort of death. Also more because it makes it fit better.

UmbreonRanger

Pokemon Theorist
I completely agree with Lunaala's typing, I've been thinking that since I saw it, yet everyone thinks psychic

Akashin

Hmmmm...
For some reason I see Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy happening with fairy the common type kinda like how dragon was in gen4 and gen5 but ONLY this one gen

I can't really see any Fairy in Solgaleo aesthetically, though lore could explain that for all we know. It'll definitely be part Fire though, obviously.

I'm leaning toward Fairy and Dark (in either order) for Lunaala, though I can see why people are suggesting Ghost and could see it taking Dark's place, as well. I'm pretty set on it being part Fairy at the moment, though.

Cradily17

I predict that Solgaleo will be Fire/Electric and Lunaala will be Dark/Fairy.

NeptuneCloyster

Squadallah
Looking at the background pictures of the sun and moon in the ad, the fire around the sun is obvious, but the whispy lines of light around the moon are reminiscent to me of Aurora Borealis, suggesting an ice type. I really think and Ice type vs Fire type duality would work here. as well as that, Marshadow being a rock type (Mars is made of rock, fun fact) would mean that it would have an advantage over the other two.
As for secondary types, I'd say psychic for Solgaleo, psychic has been long associated with the sun, ghost for Llonlal (it's a skeleton, and it would counterbalance the fire/ice advantage) and dark for marshadow (once again, it beats both of the other types, and also, shadow)
If nothing else, the setup of fire/psy, ice/ghost and dark/rock would be an interesting way to have a balanced pair and a trio master who could have advantages over them in every way

B. Thunder Tiger

Looking at the background pictures of the sun and moon in the ad, the fire around the sun is obvious, but the whispy lines of light around the moon are reminiscent to me of Aurora Borealis, suggesting an ice type. I really think and Ice type vs Fire type duality would work here. as well as that, Marshadow being a rock type (Mars is made of rock, fun fact) would mean that it would have an advantage over the other two.
As for secondary types, I'd say psychic for Solgaleo, psychic has been long associated with the sun, ghost for Llonlal (it's a skeleton, and it would counterbalance the fire/ice advantage) and dark for marshadow (once again, it beats both of the other types, and also, shadow)
If nothing else, the setup of fire/psy, ice/ghost and dark/rock would be an interesting way to have a balanced pair and a trio master who could have advantages over them in every way

Although Fire/Psychic was called out by someone else before, I fully agree with the Ice/Ghost typing for Lunaala, as its one of the type combos I speculated too, not to say I like the whole Fire/Ice duality if this came to be true. That said, I didn't notice the moon's wispy light auras when one checks the site. I didn't think of it much at first when I saw it, but now that I do, it makes a lot more sense to suggest a Ice type. Adding to this, the Ice typing works further with the Moon being known to have lunar water ice. Both ice and water are known to reflect light, just as the moon reflects the light of the sun back to the Earth, making this speculation come together pretty well. The funny and ironic part is that the type colors of Ghost and Ice also happen to fit nicely with Lunaala's color scheme if you compared the colors yourselves.

I like your idea as well, that Marshadow could be Dark/Rock, but it could also be a Dark/Poison typing, which makes a bit more sense if people are keeping with the Eclipse theme. The Dark typing alone counters both Solgaleo's speculated Psychic type and Lunaala's Ghost type. But Dark/Rock is also a nice speculation.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Aside from the mascots and possible third legendary pokemon, I would like to see a Dragon/Normal as single legendary like Heatran.

storm12

Weather Bearer

I noticed this. However to me this also looks like it could relate to Fairy types too, it reminds me of Dazzling Gleam.

Is anyone sort of disappointed that the Moon logo is blue? It should have been purple! We haven't had a main game associated with this colour so far and I feel it fits the Moon theme better- UNLESS Lunaala is Ice type :O that is what the two colours look most like, the colours used to represent Fire and Ice types.

Anyone had more of a think of what Marshadow's name breaks down to? I can't help but just see Mars + Shadow but Mars is very arbitrary to make a part of the trio, although it is a planet adjacent to Earth... still Mars has nothing to do with eclipses.

What about Marsh + shadow? Dark/Poison??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.