• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Also, it looks like 3 other cores merge with 10% when it changes formes, which somewhat confirms that Zygarde will likely have something to do with the Sun/Moon legendaries. Four cores likely means a core for Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo, and Lunala. It also coincides with the four snake head things that come out of Zygarde's shoulders.

That seems to just be aesthetics of the form change as there are actually four red spots that appear in the transformation, and said spots are the same color unlike the supposed cores.

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
That seems to just be aesthetics of the form change as there are actually four red spots that appear in the transformation, and said spots are the same color unlike the supposed cores.

Ahh, the fourth one is difficult to see in the Japanese trailer but not in the English one. I still think it's more than just aesthetics as we know for a fact that there are multiple cores. Four additional cores also makes more sense as there are 5 in 100% Zygarde's chest and Marshadow is more than likely going to be a thing.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
The possibilities with this thing...I need stats.

Should I Sash it? Or is it good enough to hang on, and free to hold something like...Weakness Policy, into Complete Form??? Good heavens...

And if they introduce some new recovery move...

Or what about Sub strats?

My mind is going wild.

A 6th gen pokemon with important new formes you can only play on non Kalos related games for about 10 years until the remakes come out.

Yeah...I like how the protector of Kalos was basically not relevant to its native land at all. Glad that's its finally here, but I'll always be stuck wondering why XY didn't have its lore more completely explored during its own place and time.

B. Thunder Tiger

Zygarde Complete's move is called Core Enforcer in the English games.

An English video was just put up on the English Youtube channel.

We get a cool name that's Core Punisher, but now we get Core Enforcer? Why did they make the change? Core Punisher was good enough.

We get a cool name that's Core Punisher, but now we get Core Enforcer? Why did they make the change? Core Punisher was good enough.

Probably because Enforcer fits Zygarde itself better, it enforces and monitors the circle of life due to being the Ecosystem Pokemon.

Also, anyone else realize that in Japanese, Lunala and Solgaleo's Abilities (Phantom Guard and Metal Protect) have a protection theme going on in both name and effect? Shadow Shield also fits into this, but Full Metal Body does so less.

gliscor&yanmega

I don't see the issue. They both are basically the same thing. Punisher makes it sound a little more violent though, while Enforcer makes it sound more like Complete is trying to establish order for the ecosystem. Either way, it's still going to fire a Z beam at the opponent and watch them faint.

B. Thunder Tiger

I don't see the issue. They both are basically the same thing. Punisher makes it sound a little more violent though, while Enforcer makes it sound more like Complete is trying to establish order for the ecosystem. Either way, it's still going to fire a Z beam at the opponent and watch them faint.

Makes sense. Thinking about it that way, makes the rename better then.

XXD17

Draco rex
That assumes your opponent keeps attacking and doesn't start setting up themselves, powering up to the point that they can handle it when Zygarde transforms.

? That's why dragon dance is there. If they don't attack your sub, you can start setting up d-dances yourself. Coil is also an option. Even better, you are now a setup sweeper behind a sub. No matter how much they set up, they'll Have to break your sub before they can hit you. So it's really a lose lose situation for them unless they have ice shard or pixie-voice. Either they leave your sub alone and let you get boosts or they keep attacking and let you become complete. Better yet, you manipulate your opponent so that you become complete with a few dragon dances behind a sub. GG.

I still predict sub lefties with max speed, a lot of physical attack and some bulk investment to be the best set.

Last edited:

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
The possibilities with this thing...I need stats.

Should I Sash it? Or is it good enough to hang on, and free to hold something like...Weakness Policy, into Complete Form??? Good heavens...

And if they introduce some new recovery move...

Or what about Sub strats?

My mind is going wild.

Considering Zygarde 10% is more than likely gonna be fast and at least has a decent defense stat, sub and DD/Coil is probably gonna be the best play. I wonder what HP Zygarde has to be at to change forms? Hopefully it's 25% and not solely red health. Sub/DD/Thousand Arrows/E speed is gonna be such a good set. I think a recovery move for Zygarde would be a bit too much considering the HP handicap is probably there for good reason, but who knows. Wish/Healing Wish works too. I'm wondering how Zygarde 50% fits into all this, will it gain the new ability as well?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
There was no way Zygarde wasn't getting its formes in this game, the whole "anime-only" thing was ridiculous and I'm glad that's been put to rest.

Even if Zygarde Complete might have Blissey tier HP I am still a little skeptical of the method of forme change though, it could have insane stats but if we need it to be at low health before regenerating at full then that basically forces it to use Focus Sash. The issue there is in 6v6 you'll have hazards and Zygarde 10% might not have great BST which can be abused, so if it's really what we see then I'm not sold on Zygarde 100% being this completely broken mess people (like myself) were hoping. Obviously we don't have every little detail but based on what we know I'm skeptical.

Even if Zygarde Complete might have Blissey tier HP I am still a little skeptical of the method of forme change though, it could have insane stats but if we need it to be at low health before regenerating at full then that basically forces it to use Focus Sash.

Zygarde Complete doesn't even recover to its full health, if I'm thinking correctly.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Zygarde's away from Kalos and activates its power in a pinch?

1) Wow. That's like BEGGING the anime to exploit it during all the cliche tense moments.

2) ALOLA IS A THREAT TO HUMANITY AND IT MUST BE ERADICATED TO PRESERVE KALOS'S ECOSYSTEM.

...Why does Zygarde 10% have a glowing cell on its butt hole? That is seriously...

There was no way Zygarde wasn't getting its formes in this game, the whole "anime-only" thing was ridiculous and I'm glad that's been put to rest.

But now it's a little too ridiculous Zygarde's whole lore and existence is happening...far away from its region.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
This Zygarde business is getting really messy. From the leaks and the videos, Zygarde 50% was apparently an afterthought and its true conception was built along Gen 6's lifetime. It makes Kyurem's and Giratina's formes look like small peanuts. I sure hope you guys in the thread dig it, because to me its a conceptual hot mess.

I appreciate them trying to incorporate the Legendaries into the plots rather than just having some mythical beast X at junction Y for you to catch equals Z. But when the mechanics are so convoluted that you have to use a common battle item to reliably get a Pokémon to change into its desired representation, well then that's not really something of Legends now is it. Not to mention it still had nothing to do with Kalos. And I still don't like the doge part.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Zygarde Complete doesn't even recover to its full health, if I'm thinking correctly.

Oh. Well in that case I suppose the high base HP seems less amazing...
Hopefully there's more to it than we're being shown because given what we've currently seen, Mega Rayquaza is going to remain unopposed.

But now it's a little too ridiculous Zygarde's whole lore and existence is happening...far away from its region.

Maybe. But I've been under the assumption that Zygarde has some relation to this region from the start so I'm holding out for info on that. Unless this gets the Mega Mewtwo XY treatment, which hopefully they don't do here.

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing

Even if Zygarde Complete might have Blissey tier HP I am still a little skeptical of the method of forme change though, it could have insane stats but if we need it to be at low health before regenerating at full then that basically forces it to use Focus Sash. The issue there is in 6v6 you'll have hazards and Zygarde 10% might not have great BST which can be abused, so if it's really what we see then I'm not sold on Zygarde 100% being this completely broken mess people (like myself) were hoping. Obviously we don't have every little detail but based on what we know I'm skeptical.

It all depends on how low Zygarde 10% has to be. It could be as high as half health when it first gets to yellow, which considering Zygarde 10%'s decent speed (likely) and physical bulk (confirmed), all one would have to do is sub twice to have a ~75% health perfect Zygarde with a held item. It's almost guaranteed that perfect Zygarde is getting well over a standard 100 BST boost since, according to the trailer footage, it seems that perfect Zygarde is going to have over 100 more base points in its HP alone over Zygarde 50%. I'd be willing to bet it ends up with 780 BST. It's also gonna be faster than Garchomp. Plus, Thousand Arrows is just a broken move in general IMO. I can't see this thing not being instabanned to ubers at the very least, and it might go the way of Mega Rayquaza in all honesty.

On a side note, only one pokedex entry has linked Zygarde to being Kalos-only. The other pokedex entry states that it monitors "THE" ecosystem, and the updates on the official site says the watches over the "local region's" ecosystem. Local could be anywhere that Zygarde's cores are found, and that wording makes me believe that the cores can be found in more than one region.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
There was never anything that suggested that cores have to fuse to reach Complete Forme really. It really seems that each core is an individual Zygarde.
Well, Zygarde Complete's tail things have specifically red and blue on them, even though it's only the Red core transforming.

It does seem to recover at least some HP.

image.jpg

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
It does seem to recover at least some HP.

It's not really recovering HP, moreso that 100% form simply has a much larger base HP stat. The damage between 10% form and 100% form is the same.

It's not really recovering HP, moreso that 100% form simply has a much larger base HP stat. The damage between 10% form and 100% form is the same.

Not really, Complete Zygarde is over half its HP and 10% Zygarde is on its last legs. The ratio should stay the same if it hadn't healed to some degree, which it did.

EDIT: NVM, both formes have taken 120 damage iirc, so it's basically a case of 'how much hit points did 10% lose?', 'detract that from Complete Zygarde's HP' rather than ratio it to Complete Zygarde's HP. So it technically didn't heal.

Last edited:

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
Not really, Complete Zygarde is over half its HP and 10% Zygarde is on its last legs. The ratio should stay the same if it hadn't healed to some degree, which it did.

It's not the ratio but the exact HP points. Dragon claw does 120 damage to Zygarde 10%, and Zygarde complete has 120 HP missing in that picture.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hahaha, finally getting confirmation they aren't anime exclusive is awesome. Now watch Ash-Greninja be a day one event like shiny Beldum for ORAS

And the attack formed a Z...... of course it did.
I hope if Zygarde's getting focus in this region, it doesn't take the spotlight and focus from newer Legendary Pokemon who deserve it more. Especially considering it could have just gotten a Z game to get attention in.

Status
Not open for further replies.