• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
We're (well at least most of us) not counting the mysticals. Otherwise Kalos would have more than 3 legends.

You'd need to. They're considered Mythical legendaries, which still makes them legendary Pokemon.

We're (well at least most of us) not counting the mysticals. Otherwise Kalos would have more than 3 legends.

As Erron Black said, Mythicals are literally a subsection of Legandary Pokémon. If it's Mythical, it's a Legend.

Also most people I've seen say Kalos has 6 Legendaries-as they should.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't really mind the number as long as the legendaries we get are interesting.

Same here. Of the ones we've seen so far though, Kapu Kokeko is the only one I don't like much. It just looks awkward to me even though I like its type combo. I hope the other guardians look better.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
The only thing that bugs me is Core Enforcer being Dragon-type... They always pushed Zygarde more into Ground than Dragon and even with Ground's limitations, they made a move that bypasses Flying opponents. Now, you'd expect the planet's guardian to be able to cast its signature move on everyone, but till now Core Enforcer doesn't seem to work on Fairy-types, which is kinda disappointing to me. But well, it's also not a deal-breaker xD

Anyways, does Tapu Koko slightly confirm we'll have around 10 legendaries? Like, 3 main legends, 4 guardians and 3 mythicals? Well, if so, I hope there's more than 100 new Pokémon, because 10 legends in a ~70 Pokémon rooster would be overkill, imo.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
It's been described as a guardian deity so it has to be a legendary along with the other island guardians

It also has a large picture on the official pokemon S&M site. The only others in the new pokemon section with the larger images are Solgaleo, Lunala and Magearna.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Tapu Koko is one of the four island deities. It is revered by people as a guardian. They even offer a ceremonial battle for it.
How could one not label it as a legendary?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Your low point is the highest we have ever gotten in 1 gen? You seem to be setting your sights a bit high there. (Or you forgot 3 legends from Kalos)

9 is the most? You may want to recount.

Gen 1: 5
Gen 2: 5
Gen 3: 10
Gen 4: 13 (Not counting Phione)
Gen 5: 13
Gen 6: 6

If anything the norm is at least 6+ legends. Assuming we'll be getting at least 3 mythical legends, a quartet, and the traditional trio, we'll be seeing at least 10.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, I missed part of my copy/paste that proposes an interesting theory involving Lillie:

Also it was speculated that Lillie's mystery could have something to do with Pele, since Pele appears in forms of white dressed young woman. Lillie does not like to see Pokemon battling and there is a possibility that she is not a trainer. Pele is known to test human beings with tricking them in human form. Maybe, Lillie is testing the protagonist throughout the journey. It is reaching but description of Pele says "she devours forests" while description of Lillie says "she has devoured many books."

So, are you implying Lillie might be one of the guardian deities?

shadowF

So, I missed part of my copy/paste that proposes an interesting theory involving Lillie:

Also it was speculated that Lillie's mystery could have something to do with Pele, since Pele appears in forms of white dressed young woman. Lillie does not like to see Pokemon battling and there is a possibility that she is not a trainer. Pele is known to test human beings with tricking them in human form. Maybe, Lillie is testing the protagonist throughout the journey. It is reaching but description of Pele says "she devours forests" while description of Lillie says "she has devoured many books."

That would be one of the coolest plot twists ever! Goes along with my theory that I hope Marshadow is the devil version in the pokemon world and is the devil to our Arceus and the evil team worships Marshadow and in the end Marshadow is the villian boss.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
That would be one of the coolest plot twists ever! Goes along with my theory that I hope Marshadow is the devil version in the pokemon world and is the devil to our Arceus and the evil team worships Marshadow and in the end Marshadow is the villian boss.

You mean like Giratina?

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Pokemon: Where the villains are satanists.

Like Nunn said, Giratina is essentially the devil to Arceus,

Illusio

No words, only rage
Giratina is more of a general stand-in for the underworld then Satan on his own, particularly since nothing about its story shows it has any resentment towards Arceus nor try to spread evil to the world or anything of the sort. It's just an overprotective dragon that will do anything to ensure its domain's safety.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Regarding Tapu Koko's standing as legendary or otherwise: the official site doesn't categorize it alongside Solgaleo and Lunala when you filter for Legendary Pokemon, instead it falls into the Other Pokemon category.

Not to imply that it won't be treated as such in-game, but as of right now it's a regular Pokemon.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Regarding Tapu Koko's standing as legendary or otherwise: the official site doesn't categorize it alongside Solgaleo and Lunala when you filter for Legendary Pokemon, instead it falls into the Other Pokemon category.

Not to imply that it won't be treated as such in-game, but as of right now it's a regular Pokemon.

I don't think a 'guardian deity Pokemon' would be just a regular Pokemon you could find in a cave or the likes.

Tapu Koko is most definitely a legendary.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
I don't think a 'guardian deity Pokemon' would be just a regular Pokemon you could find in a cave or the likes.

Tapu Koko is most definitely a legendary.

You've missed my point.

I'm not saying it's your run of the mill Pokemon, but the fact that the website which has established that Tapu Koko is a diety through flavour text, yet has not characterized it as such by laying it alongside the box mascots when you filter "Legendary" Pokemon, means something.

In which case it may have more or less significance. This aligns with the idea that two of the remaining four island dieties are the God of the Moon and the God of the Sun (a la, not Solgaleo and Lunala, who are he emissaries of each, respectively).

Grey Wind

Zygarde and Magearna are counted in that category too, though. I think it's more notable that it gets a larger portrait like Magearna and the box legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.