• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I personally think that the Kahuna of each island is a reverse order of the Elite Four. And I highly doubt that gyms and gym leaders are completely outside of this game I think the orders been switched out and now the Kahuna's are equal to the Elite Four and then in the post-game you encounter gyms and gym leaderso I highly doubt such a crucial part of the Metagame would be taken away so easily I also think that because the gym leaders will appear in the post-game they will present more of a challenge than your usual leaders. Ever since the current news update this game has been seeming more and more like in Orange Islands video game, in order to earn a bag which I think will be renamed something else uniform challenges like mallow cuz you gather food ingredients apparently for her challenge. Then once you complete their challenge whatever it is you get to face the Cocoon of that particular Island and that would probably replace a gym leader battle I'm only going off information that I received so far I can't really confirm or deny anything for sure. The only problem I have with these challenges and after that the Kahuna battle is that it makes me feel that I can go through this game very quickly and it won't have the replay value I want that's just my opinion though
Why would the gyms be post-game, though? Why not just have them during the main story?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
We might not get a Poison type legendary. So far the mascots are both part Psychic and the guardians seem likely to be all part Fairy. Hopefully I am wrong but so far no new poison legendary revealed.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

We might not get a Poison type legendary again. So far the mascots are both part Psychic and the guardians seem likely to be all part Fairy. Hopefully I am wrong but so far no new poison legendary revealed.
Again? We haven't had a Poison legendary yet at all.

I don't think the guardians or the possible trio master to Solgaleo/Lunala will get it, but maybe a mythical could.

supersarepi

Sorry I meant that this could be the 7th generation in a row without a Poison type legendary (excluding Toxic Plate Arceus).

Apparently Marshadow has a very unique typing, and if we assume that it's part of a trio with Solgaleo and Lunala, it has to be a primary Psychic type. The only unique type combos with psychic are psychic/bug, psychic/electric or psychic/poison. Psychic/Poison would be the most unique since it would give us a poison type legendary.

Apparently Marshadow has a very unique typing, and if we assume that it's part of a trio with Solgaleo and Lunala, it has to be a primary Psychic type. The only unique type combos with psychic are psychic/bug, psychic/electric or psychic/poison. Psychic/Poison would be the most unique since it would give us a poison type legendary.

Yeah, I could definitely see it being a Psychic/Poison dual type, or perhaps even Ghost/Fairy.

Anyways, just going off the name alone, I think that it's likely that Marshadow will be based on the umbra, penumbra and antumbra of an eclipse (those being the darkest and innermost point, an "almost" eclipse and a phenomenon where a bright ring is visible around the shadow, respectively). Heck, we could see all of these used as forms of one individual Pokémon.

Don't ask me for a second how that could work, though...

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I have a feeling Marshadow will be part-Poison too. I so want a Poison legendary like you guys do!

With the connection of Poison having some ties to deterioration (acids melting things, poisons killing things, etc) I could see Marshadow being Poison if it's based off of Mars, even if Mars itself doesn't have very strong 'Poison' connections. Mostly coming off the idea Mars used to of been capable of hosting life before becoming the red planet we all know and love.

Although Psychic/Poison would make it Zygarde 2.0 in regards to type disadvantages to the mascots, which only really matters if it us related to them.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm pretty sure this won't be the case but something is telling me that Marshadow's very unique typing may mean that it has 3 types. I don't know what types it would have but having 3 types would definitely classify its typing as very unique. No others have had their types described this way so it's clear that something will be different, providing that rumour is indeed real.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm pretty sure this won't be the case but something is telling me that Marshadow's very unique typing may mean that it has 3 types. I don't know what types it would have but having 3 types would definitely classify its typing as very unique. No others have had their types described this way so it's clear that something will be different, providing that rumour is indeed real.

that'd be interesting if it got automatic dark typing with stab on all his moves due to being a pokemon with shadow in his name and if he ends up being an eclipse pokemon then it'd make sense too.
Then he could be like fire/psychic or something, idk. That way with fire he can take out solgaleo and then with dark stab he can get rid of lunala, but then he'd be psychic to stay with the trio typing. That's just an idea, I know his typing doesn't have to correlate with the other two.

clbgolden12

I still heavily doubt Marshadow is a Pokémon, but if it is (and assuming the Chinese Leak is true) then Psychic/Poison could work. However, the fact that they said it's "veryL unique might mean something else...

Akashin

I still heavily doubt Marshadow is a Pokémon, but if it is (and assuming the Chinese Leak is true) then Psychic/Poison could work. However, the fact that they said it's "veryL unique might mean something else...

Why do you heavily doubt it? Its trademark was registered at the same time, and in the same manner, as Solgaleo, Lunaala, and the Starters. Seems a pretty good reason to assume it'll be a Pokemon to me. Gigareki was the only one filed at the time that was filed at all differently.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
You know the craziest "unique" typing possible?
LITERAL dual type. Like Marshadow could be Dark/Dark or something. Would be INSANE.

so would that mean that everything is automatic 4x super effective or 4x weak against it? and that it's moves will have double stab?? thatd be interesting! potentially could make it easily vulnerable

Why do you heavily doubt it? Its trademark was registered at the same time, and in the same manner, as Solgaleo, Lunaala, and the Starters. Seems a pretty good reason to assume it'll be a Pokemon to me. Gigareki was the only one filed at the time that was filed at all differently.

omg if Marshadow wasn't even a pokemon and we were all entertaining that idea for so long... that'd be funny. I can't see it not being a pokemon now lol.

RzK

Meow
so would that mean that everything is automatic 4x super effective or 4x weak against it? and that it's moves will have double stab?? thatd be interesting! potentially could make it easily vulnerable

Agreed, that was the most unique typing i could think of lol and yes double STAB, every weakness is 4X
The ultimate high risk/high reward Pokémon.
One Dark to beat Solgaleo, one Dark to beat Lunala xD although Lunala being Ghost/Psychic gets rekt really badly by Dual STAB

omg if Marshadow wasn't even a pokemon and we were all entertaining that idea for so long... that'd be funny. I can't see it not being a pokemon now lol.
This is new :O How do we know that it has a chance of not being a Pokémon?!

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Because Mars has nothing really do with the Sun (anymore than any other planet anyways) or the Earth's Moon. Heck, even during E3 they said they chose the Sun and Moon because they supply all life on Earth. What does Mars have to do with that?

And Marshadow was trademarked nearly a month after Solgaleo and Lunala.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You know the craziest "unique" typing possible?
LITERAL dual type. Like Marshadow could be Dark/Dark or something. Would be INSANE.

People are already going bonkers with Alolan Forms. Dark/Dark would be the last thing on anyones minds.

Because Mars has nothing really do with the Sun (anymore than any other planet anyways) or the Earth's Moon. Heck, even during E3 they said they chose the Sun and Moon because they supply all life on Earth. What does Mars have to do with that?

And Marshadow was trademarked nearly a month after Solgaleo and Lunala.

Yet it was trademarked...

Sun and Moon supply all life on Earth.
- Is there life on Mars? Nope.

How do the Sun and Moon supply life on Earth? Well, the suns radiance of course.
- Hence, Marshadow?

I don't know, but I think there's a large, large chance that we get an angry legendary instead of a controlling one. Marshadow seems literally left in the dark, while the sun and moon got reverred as bringers of life on earth.

clbgolden12

People are already going bonkers with Alolan Forms. Dark/Dark would be the last thing on anyones minds.

Yet it was trademarked...

Sun and Moon supply all life on Earth.
- Is there life on Mars? Nope.

How do the Sun and Moon supply life on Earth? Well, the suns radiance of course.
- Hence, Marshadow?

I don't know, but I think there's a large, large chance that we get an angry legendary instead of a controlling one. Marshadow seems literally left in the dark, while the sun and moon got reverred as bringers of life on earth.
It was trademarked, but by that logic we should believe every Japan trademark as relating Pokémon.

I don't see why Mars would be mad because it doesn't get enough attention, that seems kind of silly. It's a planet after all, why would it have feelings?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I don't see why Mars would be mad because it doesn't get enough attention, that seems kind of silly. It's a planet after all, why would it have feelings?

For the same reason why Time is a dragon thing with Marge Simpson hair.

I wouldn't say it's straight up Mars itself, merely a personification of it. Like how Solgaleo and Lunala are the personification of the sun and moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.