• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABC595

If marshadow is this all consuming shadow/chaos Pokemon that kinda suggests an absol involvement to me. Also maybe it could have an ability which makes it immune to physical attacks?

Aetius

Talking about Marshadow, what about a Poison/Psychic type for it?
Psychic would be justified by the fact that both Lunaala and Solgaleo posess it, while the poison typing would be a reference to the chemicals present on Mars' surface.

RzK

Meow
Don't know about you guys, but I'm still sticking to my Dark/Dark overkill typing for Marshadow :)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
A pokemon can't have the same type for it's secondary with it's primary type. There are several unique type combos it could be.
With all the rules Sun and Moon are breaking, it's not too Farfetch'd that we'd have a Pokémon with that typing.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Which rules are you thinking of? Anyway not all rules are created equal (some are not even rules at all honestly)
No gyms, Alolan forms, the evil team being much more disorganized than in the past...

But maybe rules wasn't the best word, moreso how they usually go.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
With all the rules Sun and Moon are breaking, it's not too Farfetch'd that we'd have a Pokémon with that typing.

True but it is very unlikely and confusing. Why give it the exact same typing as it's primary? It would be weak, strong and resists exactly the same way. A different secondary type works better because you can cover more types.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Y'all wanna be really unique?

Dark/Dark/Dark. Boom. Epitome of perfection.
And I would use it unironically.

B. Thunder Tiger

As long as it doesn't have Pressure or Levitate, I am all for Dark/Fire Marshadow!
And it's still unique in the fact that no Legendary has had that specific combo before so? Win-win?

Just watch it have Levitate, or some ability similar to it with a new name, LOL. That aside though, I had a question on my head. Starting off, we both know that Lunala and Solgaleo are a bat and lion respectively, right?

Well, my question is, if Marshadow is supposed to be the third member, and their master/enemy, etc, whatever, what for animal species could it be modeled/inspired after?

Solgaleo = Lion
Lunala = Bat

What could Marshadow's design be like? I'd think a Legendary based on a scorpion would be nice, or a wolf. The latter is namely heavily associated with the Roman God Mars, and with Ares, its Greek Counterpart. The Greek counterpart is also associated with the Zodiac symbol of Scorpio, otherwise the Scorpion.

FallBird

So I was thinking about Tapu Koko and the other three guardians earlier after finding out that the dex leak was fake. I know that it's a super popular theory that they will all have secondary Fairy typings and they'll share their primary typing with the Oricorio of their island. I love the primary typing part of this theory, but I really don't want a quartet of Fairies. I get that we need to add more Fairy type Pokemon to raise their numbers in the Pokedex, but with all the new, exciting stuff they've given us so far for Sun and Moon, I feel like a Fairy quartet of guardians is just too predictable. Instead, I think it would be incredibly interesting for the four guardians to use the most "mystical" types for their secondaries: Fairy (taken), Dragon, Ghost, and Psychic or Dark. For the purposes of this, I'm going to use dark. After reading more about Kane, Ku, Lono, and Kanaloa (the deities the guardians are based on), I realized that this makes even more sense. For example, Kane and Kanaloa are viewed as opposites, with Kanaloa serving as an antagonist against him. Wouldn't it be perfect for Kanaloa to be a Dragon type, always defeated by the heroic Tapu Koko? Additionally, Kanaloa is a sea deity, which instantly made me think of a sea monster along the lines of Gyarados, but obviously smaller and with a suitable typing.

Kane – Tiki God of Light and Life (known as ‘thunderer’) already revealed as Tapu Koko: Electric/Fairy
Ku – Tiki God of War, Fire/Dark; I feel like this is self-explanatory. Fire because war is destructive like fire and it can be used to fight in them, dark because war is bad.
Lono – Tiki God of Fertility – Psychic/Ghost; Psychic, in the Pokemon world, is linked to creation (Mew, Arceus, etc.). Additionally, Lono is involved in several reincarnation myths, making it the ideal candidate for the Ghost typing.
Kanaloa – Tiki God of the Sea – Ghost/Dragon, the ‘evil’ to Kane’s good; already explained Dragon, but Ghost seems to fit with a view of the sea as deadly.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy or could I be on the right track?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I actually think Marshadow may be a Psychic/Poison type. I mean looking at the name you've got 'Mars', 'Marsh', and 'Shadow'. Mars is a neighboring planet to earth and the atmosphere there is toxic to us, which could be the inspiration for the Poison type. It seems Psychic is our theme for the trio legendaries this go around, so obviously Marshadow would be Psychic typed. Or I could be completely wrong here as well, lol.

ABC595

So I was thinking about Tapu Koko and the other three guardians earlier after finding out that the dex leak was fake. I know that it's a super popular theory that they will all have secondary Fairy typings and they'll share their primary typing with the Oricorio of their island. I love the primary typing part of this theory, but I really don't want a quartet of Fairies. I get that we need to add more Fairy type Pokemon to raise their numbers in the Pokedex, but with all the new, exciting stuff they've given us so far for Sun and Moon, I feel like a Fairy quartet of guardians is just too predictable. Instead, I think it would be incredibly interesting for the four guardians to use the most "mystical" types for their secondaries: Fairy (taken), Dragon, Ghost, and Psychic or Dark. For the purposes of this, I'm going to use dark. After reading more about Kane, Ku, Lono, and Kanaloa (the deities the guardians are based on), I realized that this makes even more sense. For example, Kane and Kanaloa are viewed as opposites, with Kanaloa serving as an antagonist against him. Wouldn't it be perfect for Kanaloa to be a Dragon type, always defeated by the heroic Tapu Koko? Additionally, Kanaloa is a sea deity, which instantly made me think of a sea monster along the lines of Gyarados, but obviously smaller and with a suitable typing.

Kane – Tiki God of Light and Life (known as ‘thunderer’) already revealed as Tapu Koko: Electric/Fairy
Ku – Tiki God of War, Fire/Dark; I feel like this is self-explanatory. Fire because war is destructive like fire and it can be used to fight in them, dark because war is bad.
Lono – Tiki God of Fertility – Psychic/Ghost; Psychic, in the Pokemon world, is linked to creation (Mew, Arceus, etc.). Additionally, Lono is involved in several reincarnation myths, making it the ideal candidate for the Ghost typing.
Kanaloa – Tiki God of the Sea – Ghost/Dragon, the ‘evil’ to Kane’s good; already explained Dragon, but Ghost seems to fit with a view of the sea as deadly.

Firstly Aceus isn't psychic...

Also generally the subordinate legends share a type (shinnoh trio, legendary birds, muskadears)

Julia Artemis

I know it hasn't been confirmed yet, but I think the guardians will be all Fairy types. I bet they will be similar to the physic trio from Diamond and Pearl or the birds from Red and Blue

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I know it hasn't been confirmed yet, but I think the guardians will be all Fairy types. I bet they will be similar to the physic trio from Diamond and Pearl or the birds from Red and Blue

Likely since we have trios in the past that shared at least one of their typings. As long as they have different primary/secondary types then it is fine.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Pretty sure they'll all be part Fairy. Most legendary trios have usually shared a type. Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos. Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion.

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
Man I rlly wanna get Moon cause the game fits better with me but I like that Lion legendary more so its hard to decide. I hope the Moon legendary lives up to hype and is actually just as good and appealing as well.

Creyk

Man I rlly wanna get Moon cause the game fits better with me but I like that Lion legendary more so its hard to decide. I hope the Moon legendary lives up to hype and is actually just as good and appealing as well.

I much prefer the lion as well and that is why I am getting sun. However, if you really do prefer moon you should get that one. You can just get Solgaleo off the GTS when the time comes. It's easy.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
What might be a roaming legendary this time around? Something new, or like X and Y, something old?

Given that Mewtwo, weather trio and Lati@s all got mega evolutions in the last generation, Game Freak has already shown that they aren't afraid of giving Pokémon new forms / improvements to legendary Pokémon outside of their original generation. Maybe Alolan form legendaries? I'm not sure why any of the legendary Pokémon would need to adapt to a new climate, unless there a claims of Alola's environment 'supercharging' them. For example, the lava in Alola causes a change in Entei. Not sure how they'd do it, but with Game Freak I'm not ruling anything out.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What might be a roaming legendary this time around? Something new, or like X and Y, something old?

Assuming we have a full Pokedex this time around, and not something like Kalos that needed to be padded with old Pokemon, I would expect something new, as X and Y were the only initial games of a generation to have Legendary Pokemon from a previous generation, and that's only because it didn't have any random Legendary Pokemon of its own.

Given that Mewtwo, weather trio and Lati@s all got mega evolutions in the last generation, Game Freak has already shown that they aren't afraid of giving Pokémon new forms / improvements to legendary Pokémon outside of their original generation. Maybe Alolan form legendaries? I'm not sure why any of the legendary Pokémon would need to adapt to a new climate, unless there a claims of Alola's environment 'supercharging' them. For example, the lava in Alola causes a change in Entei. Not sure how they'd do it, but with Game Freak I'm not ruling anything out.

To be fair, Mewtwo was given its Megas to promote Mega Evolution, which was given to no Kalos Pokemon, and Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias were given their forms as part of the Hoenn remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.