• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Ghost

Even as a huge fairy fan, I hope this isn't the case. We've already got Magearna and most likely all four island Guardians, another fairy legend would be overkill. Especially since that'd give Fairy over seven legends in two gens/three years, compared to zero for Poison which has been around for seven gens/20 years.

As for Ghost/Fairy, if Tapu Koko and Pom-pom Oricorio are any indication, the 'Poni' Island Guardian may be Ghost/Fairy.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Even as a huge fairy fan, I hope this isn't the case. We've already got Magearna and most likely all four island Guardians, another fairy legend would be overkill. Especially since that'd give Fairy over seven legends in two gens/three years, compared to zero for Poison which has been around for seven gens/20 years.

As for Ghost/Fairy, if Tapu Koko and Pom-pom Oricorio are any indication, the 'Poni' Island Guardian may be Ghost/Fairy.

You are right, I wasn't thinking about all the Guardians. But yeah, love for a Poison legend.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I'm hoping we get in-game legends unrelated to the mascots or guardians. Something like Heatran. A legend that has it's own lore, and little area in the region. Kalos just felt barren in that regard.

A poison legend would be rad. So many ideas one could come up for it. For example a cute poison legendary the 100/100/100 one that tries to cleanse the world and absorb all poison and toxic in the planet that changed it into a poison type, another one could be a simple irradiation/eradiated pokemon created/changed by humans or they could go the bad guy route with a pokemon that is trying to destroy life. I dunno it doesn't seem that hard to me. Besides they could always slap on poison as a second typing.

Wouldn't the cleansing example be intruding on Shaymin's territory?

Yeah it probably will, but it was just a concept from a fan like there are many others. But it would absorb large amounts of toxic/poisonous/polluted/radiated areas like a legendary waste collector lol. But one way or another, we need a poison-type legendary asap and preferably with no secondary type.

Anthea

What do you think the 600 best pixie legend of sun moon should be?

I prefer the more abstract pixie legends like mew due to his stem cell esque features that open up to more interesting counter legends based on splicing and gmos. I also like more creative mons like victini and his cherub pic background, shame they didn't expand on that theme with other mons but I guess it's because they didn't want to be called blasphemous -though I would love to see more god/goddess mythology in Pokemon, imagine medusa pokemon in the form of a human jellyfish woman with tentacle hair? Hnggggggg

The pixies I didn't enjoy were the basic organisms like shaymin. So I would want them to avoid typical mammals/fish. I know practically every fan gets all super excited when theory monning and suggests each legend be based on a certain common vertebrate - something I found very boring. I mean, you get suggestions like "space shark" or "death bird", I know xy started the trend. Oh and by the way, why are people asking for marshadow to be black hole based when we already have hoopla?!

since this game has alien insect/other mons as a focus, I think a more strange cell/microorganism like Pokemon would be cool. Like a duosis type mon. Or a staryu. Maybe a cluster of staryu esque mons to create a galaxy. I don't want a random shape and smiley face this time...diancie looked horrible with her smiley emoji face on a rock. Like whet? At least celebi offered variety by having huge raccoon bug eyes. Lately mons are getting the boring smiley emoji face.

Typing... Tbh, I would want a fairy typing, but I know fairy has been overdone a lot lately. So I think ice/psychic would be nice. Ice being out of space cold etc.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What do you think the 600 best pixie legend of sun moon should be?

I prefer the more abstract pixie legends like mew due to his stem cell esque features that open up to more interesting counter legends based on splicing and gmos. I also like more creative mons like victini and his cherub pic background, shame they didn't expand on that theme with other mons but I guess it's because they didn't want to be called blasphemous -though I would love to see more god/goddess mythology in Pokemon, imagine medusa pokemon in the form of a human jellyfish woman with tentacle hair? Hnggggggg

The pixies I didn't enjoy were the basic organisms like shaymin. So I would want them to avoid typical mammals/fish. I know practically every fan gets all super excited when theory monning and suggests each legend be based on a certain common vertebrate - something I found very boring. I mean, you get suggestions like "space shark" or "death bird", I know xy started the trend. Oh and by the way, why are people asking for marshadow to be black hole based when we already have hoopla?!

since this game has alien insect/other mons as a focus, I think a more strange cell/microorganism like Pokemon would be cool. Like a duosis type mon. Or a staryu. Maybe a cluster of staryu esque mons to create a galaxy. I don't want a random shape and smiley face this time...diancie looked horrible with her smiley emoji face on a rock. Like whet? At least celebi offered variety by having huge raccoon bug eyes. Lately mons are getting the boring smiley emoji face.

Typing... Tbh, I would want a fairy typing, but I know fairy has been overdone a lot lately. So I think ice/psychic would be nice. Ice being out of space cold etc.

Will it be magearna??

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Before anything else, the following is something I'm only passing along, and is not from me personally. According to this Riddler guy via Bulbapedia's forums, who has been showcasing riddles as to hint on what's in Sun and Moon concerning content, he's saying that Marshadow is a Ghost/Fighting type. Do you think this has a reasonable chance of happening, because Ghost/Fighting actually matches the unique typing rumor after all, being opposites of one another. Also, Ghost/Fighting is a brand new Type combo not yet used so far.

To think of it, it fits, seeing as Mars is the God of War in Roman mythology, so the Fighting type fits thematically, and the Ghost aspect relates to shadows and darkness, hence Marshadow. Its also effective on both Solgaleo and Lunala too through the use of its Ghost typing. What's everyone thoughts on this, that is if its true? In addition, what type of animal could it represent? I'm either thinking its a wolf/canid-like beast, or a scorpion like entity.

I suppose that could make sense. As for animals, according to wikipedia, woodpeckers, wolves, and bears are sacred to Mars, although wolves seem to have an easier connection with the whole Romulus and Remus myth deal.

Rather than a fighting ghost, though, I sort of think a normal ghost could be pretty sweet. 3 immunities, 2 resistances, and only 1 weakness. Plus if its going more natural animal it could pull it off maybe.

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
In every generation except the 1st and 2nd the cover legends are brought on by the evil team. This gen we have a clear evil team (skull) and a seemingly good team (aether). That being said how do you think the cover legends will be "summoned and by which team (if one of the teams even will)? Also do you think they could come to combat the ultra beasts like Tapu Koko was fighting UB02?

TyLogic

In every generation except the 1st and 2nd the cover legends are brought on by the evil team. This gen we have a clear evil team (skull) and a seemingly good team (aether). That being said how do you think the cover legends will be "summoned and by which team (if one of the teams even will)? Also do you think they could come to combat the ultra beasts like Tapu Koko was fighting UB02?

Well Junichi Masuda said they implemented the legends in the storyline in a way thats never been don before, so it should be exciting.

R_N

Well Junichi Masuda said they implemented the legends in the storyline in a way thats never been don before, so it should be exciting.

You know what if they just like...happen?

We've all kind of assumed that, like in gen 3, 4, 5 and kinda 6, the box legends are summoned/awakened or otherwise brought in by the evil team (technically Flare only found yveltal/xerneas but we woke them up before Lysandre and his stupid beetles could). What if Solgaleo/Lunala bring themselves into the world (maybe b/c of ultra beasts, maybe other reasosn) and then we have to deal with the possible fallout

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer

Did Masuada? I certainly look forward to seeing how they do it. I've always gotten hyped going from gym to gym, evil team battle to evil team battle for the legendary battle. The legendary battle is always epic to me so I can't wait to see how Solgaleo/Lunala will come swooping in.

TyLogic

You know what if they just like...happen?

We've all kind of assumed that, like in gen 3, 4, 5 and kinda 6, the box legends are summoned/awakened or otherwise brought in by the evil team (technically Flare only found yveltal/xerneas but we woke them up before Lysandre and his stupid beetles could). What if Solgaleo/Lunala bring themselves into the world (maybe b/c of ultra beasts, maybe other reasosn) and then we have to deal with the possible fallout

Ehhh...Good idea but it seems kinda average. I think GF took the unpredictable route with these two, at least based on what Masuda said.

R_N

Ehhh...Good idea but it seems kinda average. I think GF took the unpredictable route with these two, at least based on what Masuda said.

All Masuda (apparently?) said was that they did it in a different way, not that it's unpredictable

TyLogic

All Masuda (apparently?) said was that they did it in a different way, not that it's unpredictable

You don't have to say it's unpredictable for it to be unpredictable. What I meant was they probably did it in a way where we won't be able to guess correctly or near correctly. When he said "never been done before" it seems to me that they are doing something TOTALLY different, and what they are doing won't be able to be obvious. No offense but trying to stop the Ultra Beasts is a pretty obvious speculation. And while it IS different it's also totally predictable. I'm excited actually.

He said it in the E3 demonstration IIRC.

You don't have to say it's unpredictable for it to be unpredictable. What I meant was they probably did it in a way where we won't be able to guess correctly or near correctly. When he said "never been done before" it seems to me that they are doing something TOTALLY different, and what they are doing won't be able to be obvious. No offense but trying to stop the Ultra Beasts is a pretty obvious speculation. And while it IS different it's also totally predictable. I'm excited actually.

He said it in the E3 demonstration IIRC.

Well, just to play devil's advocate here, Masada only said that they were doing something different with them. Different =/= unpredictable. Seeing as Ultra Beasts are seemingly tied in through the entirety of the plot, and how early we seem to have access to the south western island (going off levels in the trailer...I know, not the best thing to do), it could be something as simple as Solgaleo and Lunala being summoned relatively early on in the game and having a presence throughout to something outrageously different which is completely unpredictable; when you're talking about legendary Pokémon, though, it's hard to not make their purpose in the plot predictable.

XXD17

Draco rex
How about the idea that Marshadow is a Dark/Electric type, representing the concept of Black Holes and their ability to emit quasars, powerful luminous streams of electromagnetic energy?

For its animal design, I'd go with Nunn's ideas of it being a marine mammal, maybe a powerful shark, seeing as Sharks are known for their ferocity, which would fit well with the Black Hole concept. More, a marine mammal would be nice, and fit well, representing the sea, whereas Solgaleo and Lunala represent the land and sky respectively...in a figurtive manner that is.

Lastly, the word "Mar" may be derived from the word "Marine", the Spanish word for "Sea", or the word for defiling and/or bringing harm. If so, I'd put my bets on a Dark/Electric Shark-like cosmic entity.

Marine mammal? How about a dolphin? ;)

TyLogic

Well, just to play devil's advocate here, Masada only said that they were doing something different with them. Different =/= unpredictable. Seeing as Ultra Beasts are seemingly tied in through the entirety of the plot, and how early we seem to have access to the south western island (going off levels in the trailer...I know, not the best thing to do), it could be something as simple as Solgaleo and Lunala being summoned relatively early on in the game and having a presence throughout to something outrageously different which is completely unpredictable; when you're talking about legendary Pokémon, though, it's hard to not make their purpose in the plot predictable.

Maybe your right. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes for some Solgaleo or Lunala plot twist...(GASP!!!)

PLOT TWIST: Solgaleo and Lunala are thought to be pokemon but are actually Ultra Beast! That's unpredictable! (Wait... I just predicted it... )
How would fans react to them being Ultra Beast in reality not pokemon. I think that would be a breathe of fresh air.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Maybe your right. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes for some Solgaleo or Lunala plot twist...(GASP!!!)

PLOT TWIST: Solgaleo and Lunala are thought to be pokemon but are actually Ultra Beast! That's unpredictable! (Wait... I just predicted it... )
How would fans react to them being Ultra Beast in reality not pokemon. I think that would be a breathe of fresh air.

Except that they are already explicitly classified as Pokemon, and Solgaleo has already been seen under the control of a trainer, which would most likely not be possible if it were an Ultra Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.