• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping no future Legendaries have Fairy type after this gen.....
There are a ton of other types who need more Legend love. Especially Poison.

Tapu Fini is probably my favorite of the Tapu, I mean he's a dolphin! Not really a fan of the pink one though, I think it looks stupid in comparison to the others.

flygon1509

That are not the "4 main fauna classes". There aren't any "4 main fauna classes"

As defined by text books the six basic animal are; invertebrates(including insects, but a whole lot more, like squid and clams and stuff), fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. Of those birds are partly discredited (what with them just being a sub-set of reptiles) but kept around out of convenience and tradition.

My mistake. I meant, this time GF used 4 classes of animals with significant different body structures, unlike most of the previous legendary groups.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
That are not the "4 main fauna classes". There aren't any "4 main fauna classes"

As defined by text books the six basic animal groups are; invertebrates(including insects, but a whole lot more, like squid and clams and stuff), fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. Of those birds are partly discredited (what with them just being a sub-set of reptiles) but kept around out of convenience and tradition.

Yep. That said, Tapu Lele is partially based on a butterfly, hence the tiny wing-like structures on its back and its ability to spread scales about while flying (just like Butterfree, only WAY more dangerous). The "Lele" section of its name even seems to be derived from "pulelehua", the Hawaiian word for butterfly. It is also most likely based on sweet potato, for reasons I have stated before.

Julia Artemis

I think it's actually nice that Solgaleo & Lunaala only form a duo, just like Ho-oh & Lugia.
But it's quite sad. It only means that there's no third version to expect.

And for the first time, there are no legendary trios, when all other generations have at least one.

Arent the Island Guardians the "Legendary Trio of this game? Just with Four of them. That's what they seem to me anyway. Sure they'll have great stats and be very hard to catch

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
My favorite Tapu as of now is Tapu Fini, mainly because of its design. Lele is also cute but I'm full Team Fini here, boys. :p

Edit: Ash-Greninja'd.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Yep. That said, Tapu Lele is partially based on a butterfly, hence the tiny wing-like structures on its back and its ability to spread scales about while flying (just like Butterfree, only WAY more dangerous). The "Lele" section of its name even seems to be derived from "pulelehua", the Hawaiian word for butterfly. It is also most likely based on sweet potato, for reasons I have stated before.
Eh... Don't you think the sweet potato thing should be dropped be now? Aside from being round, nothing on Lele seems to indicate a sweet potato basis.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Eh... Don't you think the sweet potato thing should be dropped be now? Aside from being round, nothing on Lele seems to indicate a sweet potato basis.

Not at all! It lines up with Hawaiian mythology too well. GF probably just put added emphasis on butterflies and bulls in Lele and Bulu's design because just a potato and just a man wouldn't be that interesting.

clbgolden12

Not at all! It lines up with Hawaiian mythology too well. GF probably just put added emphasis on butterflies and bulls in Lele and Bulu's design because just a potato and just a man wouldn't be that interesting.
Neither of those examples actually seem to have a potato/man basis, tho. If it's not demonstrated in their designs/lore then I think GF just completely threw the potato and man thing out of the window.

Kingudora

My favourite
The Tapus' shared unique Z-move is hilarious. The trainer's murderous glee of summoning an earth-shattering giant that pounds your enemy into a pancake is just too much.

I wonder how useful it will be in practice though. I suppose you can get rid of the opponent's annoying wall rather easily if your team struggles with taking one down.

gliscor&yanmega

Arent the Island Guardians the "Legendary Trio of this game? Just with Four of them. That's what they seem to me anyway. Sure they'll have great stats and be very hard to catch
The fact there are four of them makes them a quartet not a trio.

misunderstoodhero

Given the info we've apparently had on Cosmog being a rare one-of-a-kind Pokemon that few locals know still exist and the Aether Foundation is researching, I'm still pretty sure Cosmog and the Cosmic Eye thing are in fact prevolutions of our box legendaries, with the Cosmic Eye evolving based on the version its in. (It will likely also have something in-game preventing you from trading it until it becomes Lunalla or Solgaleo.)

I originally made some story speculation long ago before Team Skull or the Aether Foundation were revealed and I think with this new piece of the puzzle I'm confidant I was onto something.

I believe the Island Trial was once an ancient ritual only a few select trainers occassionally went on, but nowadays has been modernized and turned into a challenge for the young trainers of the region very simillar to the Pokemon Leagues of other regions.

However, Tapu Koko revealing itself to us marks our significance and that we will be undertaking the Island Trial to fulfill its original, ancient purpose: Appeasing and paying tribute to the Sun / Moon and the Pokemon that acts as its emissary.
We won't be told its exact significance, but we will be given the choice to allow Cosmog to join us on our journey or not, watching our progress from afar instead. Our completion of the Island Trial will allow Cosmog to take its final form and bless the Alola region with life power and the proper passage of night and day until it is time for the ritual to be done again. Of course, this cycle is more important then the others due to Team Skull, The Aether Foundation and Ultra Beasts likely paying a large role in the plot and threatening the Alola region.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
So what are we thinking for Zygarde Complete?

Base stats? Tier usage (competitively)/will it be good? Will it forever remain an in battle only transformation?

clbgolden12

Base stats? Tier usage (competitively)/will it be good? Will it forever remain an in battle only transformation?
I'm honestly hoping it gets near to M-Rayquaza level stats.

However, I think its stats will be from 670-700.

R_N

Zygarde has 600 BST so I assume 100% will put it to at least 700. The fact that it does, I believe, heal itself up to full (and with an increased HP stat, too) will probably make it more worth using than, say, zen mode darmanitan.

I think so long as Zygarde's 10 or 50% form can take a solid hit (I've never heard how it fares in competitive, but stat wise it doesnt seem frail), it should be able to tier decently well?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Zygarde has 600 BST so I assume 100% will put it to at least 700. The fact that it does, I believe, heal itself up to full (and with an increased HP stat, too) will probably make it more worth using than, say, zen mode darmanitan.

I think so long as Zygarde's 10 or 50% form can take a solid hit (I've never heard how it fares in competitive, but stat wise it doesnt seem frail), it should be able to tier decently well?

Zygarde 50% is relatively bulky. So it should be able to take everything except a strong Ice move or DD Rayquaza attack.
Does it actually recover it's health upon transformation? I must have missed that from the reveal

clbgolden12

Does it actually recover it's health upon transformation? I must have missed that from the reveal
Yeah, it does. If you notice from its reveal trailer, after it transforms it heals itself a bit.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

That's horribly scary to think about though. Dragon/Ground has insane coverage, and there's no shortage of weak Pokémon even in Ubers to the combo. We know it gets Thousand Arrows to nix random counters like Kiss. M-Ray is similar, but it relies most of the time on Bird Combat and Earthquake; one's stabbed but with recoil, the other's strong but not STAB strong. Complete Zygarde will have even less move slot issues, more set up options, and epic STAB moves.

Either prepare those Revenge Killer Ice Shards, or just prepare your a***.

Akashin

Yeah, it does. If you notice from its reveal trailer, after it transforms it heals itself a bit.

It doesn't heal, per se, because the damage it sustained prior to transforming remains. It's just that its max HP changes and its remaining HP rises alongside it; in the trailer it's still down 120 HP after transforming, it's just that it went from being 5/125 to 167/287.

The end result is the same, of course, given the massive difference in HP involved (at least with 10%).

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
It doesn't heal, per se, because the damage it sustained prior to transforming remains. It's just that its max HP changes and its remaining HP rises alongside it; in the trailer it's still down 120 HP after transforming, it's just that it went from being 5/125 to 167/287.

The end result is the same, of course, given the massive difference in HP involved (at least with 10%).

If that's the case it's HP must be incredible at higher levels. So using Wish and succeeding with a Zygarde switch-in and forme change is going to give you a pokemon that will be insanely tough to KO without losses

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type

My only thing with it being as low as 700 is that its HP stat from what has been gathered has to be a range of 180 to 227, so at the minimum it gets 72 points pooled into HP alone, at max, 119, making it already at a range of 672-719 with just HP alone, and it looks like it will likely get some points pooled into its other stats.

If that's the case it's HP must be incredible at higher levels. So using Wish and succeeding with a Zygarde switch-in and forme change is going to give you a pokemon that will be insanely tough to KO without losses

I wondered about this. I hope it isn't a clone of Zen Mode, because transforming back to Zygarde dog once it reenters battle or its HP recovers back up would be really annoying.

But for me, Zygarde Complete must HAVE incredible stats, far above 700 in order to be a viable pokemon. Coming in at basically half HP already cripples Zygarde Complete, so they need to give it something to make it worth using.

Status
Not open for further replies.