• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Hi everyone, I seem to get stuck at 98 Zygarde cubes. I've searched for every location listed on Serebii at least 3 times but still there's 2 that did not appear. Did everyone manage to find 100 cubes and cores?

I managed to find it with help from serebii pages. Only advice I can give is to double check some of the day/night spots, especially on Poni Island since it's more inaccessible than others. Aside from that, you may just have to go throgh the checklist again to be doubly sure

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I managed to find it with help from serebii pages. Only advice I can give is to double check some of the day/night spots, especially on Poni Island since it's more inaccessible than others. Aside from that, you may just have to go throgh the checklist again to be doubly sure

I hate it when that happens

Devlin2004

giratina guy
most legendaries are on a legend. (excluding heatran and a few others.) so i cannot see sun and moon getting another big legendary, since one has not been mentioned, unless i am missing something. So that leaves future gens left. Agreed. i think we are all sick of dragons and flying legendaries right? I noted some of you were mentioning poison types. that is one thing pokemon is missing, a poison legendary. What i picture is a dark/poison legendary. which would be cool. I always see dark and poison fitting together. I hope that legendaries have more legend around them next gen, because solgaleo/lunala were not mentioned until poni island. I remember dppt when it explained legendaries in depth.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
most legendaries are on a legend. (excluding heatran and a few others.) so i cannot see sun and moon getting another big legendary, since one has not been mentioned, unless i am missing something. So that leaves future gens left. Agreed. i think we are all sick of dragons and flying legendaries right? I noted some of you were mentioning poison types. that is one thing pokemon is missing, a poison legendary. What i picture is a dark/poison legendary. which would be cool. I always see dark and poison fitting together. I hope that legendaries have more legend around them next gen, because solgaleo/lunala were not mentioned until poni island. I remember dppt when it explained legendaries in depth.

The most we'll probably get is new forms for legends in other gen 7 games. I'd say Necrozma is very likely to get this treatment, unless they pull a Zygarde on us. But who knows what will happen; there's never any guarantees.

Whether people say we have a Poison legendary or not depends on whether people think Ultra Beasts are legendary. If you're on the side that do think they are legendary (Like me), then Nihilego can count. If not, then yeah, you'll probably have to hope and pray for the next generation. Seeing a main Poison legend would be very nice, though.

Also, Solgaleo and Lunala were technically mentioned in the library scene when you first get to Ula Ula. It's minor, but I'd say it counts.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I don't qualify the Ultra Beasts as legendary. If its about BST and no eggs group, Pokemon like Tyranitar or Manaphy throw that out of wack. They seem established as a different type of Pokemon from legendaries

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The most we'll probably get is new forms for legends in other gen 7 games. I'd say Necrozma is very likely to get this treatment, unless they pull a Zygarde on us. But who knows what will happen; there's never any guarantees.

Whether people say we have a Poison legendary or not depends on whether people think Ultra Beasts are legendary. If you're on the side that do think they are legendary (Like me), then Nihilego can count. If not, then yeah, you'll probably have to hope and pray for the next generation. Seeing a main Poison legend would be very nice, though.

Also, Solgaleo and Lunala were technically mentioned in the library scene when you first get to Ula Ula. It's minor, but I'd say it counts.

With Marshadow getting revealed this soon, we can safely presume they chose the Zygarde route for Necrozma, which sucks.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Zygarde route, what does Marshadow releasing now have to do with Necrozma going the Zygarde route?

The fact that there's no more Pokémon to reveal for Gen 7, thus cutting down the number of games this gen will have. And with Marshadow getting revealed now of all times, this means either no more games till Gen 8 in 2018 for Switch, or the next games are Kanto sequels/DP remakes because of the 20th movie content. But Necrozma/third Alola game can be ruled out, sadly.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The fact that there's no more Pokémon to reveal for Gen 7, thus cutting down the number of games this gen will have. And with Marshadow getting revealed now of all times, this means either no more games till Gen 8 in 2018 for Switch, or the next games are Kanto sequels/DP remakes because of the 20th movie content. But Necrozma/third Alola game can be ruled out, sadly.

It really doesn't mean that at all. There are several other possibilities. We could next year get a Gen VII movie with either no event-exclusive Legendary, or a preview one from Gen VIII. It's also possible that they might release the third version with new Pokemon in it, or at least a new event-exclusive Legendary.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
It really doesn't mean that at all. There are several other possibilities. We could next year get a Gen VII movie with either no event-exclusive Legendary, or a preview one from Gen VIII. It's also possible that they might release the third version with new Pokemon in it, or at least a new event-exclusive Legendary.

For the last time, a main series game with new Pokémon is a new gen, get over it guys, it's not happening.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
For the last time, a main series game with new Pokémon is a new gen, get over it guys, it's not happening.

Regardless of your opinion on the new Pokemon thing, I did put in other reasons that Gen VII may not be over yet.

And since you seem to believe it so strongly, would you care to explain why you're absolutely convinced that new Pokemon won't happen?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Regardless of your opinion on the new Pokemon thing, I did put in other reasons that Gen VII may not be over yet.

And since you seem to believe it so strongly, would you care to explain why you're absolutely convinced that new Pokemon won't happen?

Reason no 1. Alola doesn't have enough space left for new locations for the sequel/third version. And third versions (from Crystal onwards) always introduce new places in a region. But Alola? Nah, we pretty much explored every possible inch of it.

Reason no 2. This has never happened before. Back in Gen 6, when we waited for Pokémon Z to be announced, we were speculating that the game would have new Pokémon after Magearna was officially revealed. But! Sun and Moon were announced instead, the very first Gen 7 games. So, the Gen 6.5 rumor (which I myself had supported) went downhill. If they didn't do it then which made more sense, then I don't see them do it now. Not falling for the same trick again.

Gen VII is certainly not over, I just don't see them adding more Pokémon. If we get more games for it (kind of dubious with the Marshadow reveal), then those will be either Kanto sequels set after Sun and Moon or DP remakes. Or it's Gen III all over again.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gen 7.5 anyone?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Reason no 1. Alola doesn't have enough space left for new locations for the sequel/third version. And third versions (from Crystal onwards) always introduce new places in a region. But Alola? Nah, we pretty much explored every possible inch of it.

I think I addressed this in another thread, but just because there are no obvious spots on the map to place new locations doesn't mean they can't add them anyways. They could easily either add a new island or expand the existing ones.

Reason no 2. This has never happened before. Back in Gen 6, when we waited for Pokémon Z to be announced, we were speculating that the game would have new Pokémon after Magearna was officially revealed. But! Sun and Moon were announced instead, the very first Gen 7 games. So, the Gen 6.5 rumor (which I myself had supported) went downhill. If they didn't do it then which made more sense, then I don't see them do it now. Not falling for the same trick again.

Just because something has never happened before doesn't mean it won't. Sure, it's much less likely, but that alone doesn't make it impossible. In hindsight it is very obvious that a "Z Version" was planned and cancelled relatively late in production. Maybe the Gen 6.5 theories would have been correct, had Z come out, but since it was cancelled, they're reserving the idea for Gen VII's third version.

Gen VII is certainly not over, I just don't see them adding more Pokémon. If we get more games for it (kind of dubious with the Marshadow reveal), then those will be either Kanto sequels set after Sun and Moon or DP remakes. Or it's Gen III all over again.

Okay, and since Gen III did exist, that means there's no reason to believe there won't be a third version this generation just because of the lack of new event Legendaries.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Marshadow? More like marshallow am I right? Srsly, I want Marshadow to be a good mythical and have some good lore behind it. It's type of Fighting/Ghost is one of those type combinations I've wanted to see for a long time

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
So... anyone else suspect Marshadow has a badass stronger form yet to be revealed? It's been a trope for the last 3 generations that cute/unassuming mythicals have a hidden form. Except Manaphy... but that got to mysteriously breed instead.

BCVM22

"Suspect?" Sure. Plenty of precedent for it, and Marshadow's diminutive base form might suggest it. We'll find out in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.