• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries in your common team

Lucos

What is your opinion on packing your deck/team full with legendaries?

In my opinion it ruins partly the fun of the game. Although I did use a team with Zapdos and Mewtwo on my old classic pokémon red, and Lugia, Ho-oh and Raiko on my old fashioned silver, I recently changed my mind while playing pokémon diamond and thought it would be more fun to beat the game and build a hell of a team without the use of any legendary at any time.

What do you people think?

dpdude

teehee
i think that ubers are pretty cheap on wifi, but i do use a pokemon that everyone calls an uber: Garchomp, which i know that its stats are beast after one swords dance, but come on, ubers are supposed to be unbeatable. and in my opinion, its just too fragile in terms of defense and special defense. now wobbuffet, thats a pokemon deserving of the status of uberness. there is no way in hell that anybody could use wobbuffet and not expect their friends to get ****** off. anyway, i only use garchomp as an uber.

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
giri-chan or sheymin are almost always in my party. and when im training, celebi is always in!

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I sometimes use Giratina and Dialga in my Pokemon Diamond party but I don't need them for anything except fainting types that my Empoleon finds it hard to KO

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
I don't use ubers unless I find it absolutely necessary, seeing that they take the fun outta the game...

Tiomasta

Not amused
There's a difference between "legendaries" and "ubers".
There is absolutely no problem using non-uber legendaries. Now, using ubers on a match that is not uber, that's wrong.

but i do use a pokemon that everyone calls an uber: Garchomp, which i know that its stats are beast after one swords dance, but come on, ubers are supposed to be unbeatable. and in my opinion, its just too fragile in terms of defense and special defense.

Garchomp is NOT fragile. 108 HP, 95 Def, 85 Sp.Def. That's not fragile.

He IS uber, deal with it.

Calarus

Fierce Kanto King
My opinion

Hey there, I personally just catch legendary Pokemon for the fun of it. Besides that, I use just the Pokemon I normally catch and raise. I find the effort in battling more rewarding. And using the regular Pokemon represents the uniqueness of yourself to other trainers. Because to me having the legendary Pokemon that everyone almost has in there team. Is like no diversity. Pink-Green, Orange-Purple spice yourself up. But that's just my way of doing thing in Pokemon. And there's always the expression of the other trainer who's Legendary just lost to a regular accessible Pokemon in the wild, You just gotta love it. Calarus

Nebbio

NINJA!
I use a Mewtwo and Deoxys some times. I use them against my step-uncle since he uses Diagla, Deoxys and Arseus. (Yes he is a hacker. But broke his AR.) Still the next time I battle him I will not use Mewtwo and Deoxys. Heracross and Arcanine here I come.

marty

{VR}Trojan
I dont usually use legendaries or ubers.well, except if me and my friend would battle using it.

mas

I think that is dumb no offense, if you battle on wi-fi you will lose to everyone.
U NEED LEGENDARY IN YOUR TEAM IF YOU WANT GOOD RESULTS.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I only use legendaries in-game, and even then, not so much. They mostly just sit in my PC.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
i currently have 4 shiny legendaries (lugia / latias / dialga / palkia) so when i get 6 i'll make a legendary team

but no i don't usually use them they're overpowered if EV'd correctly & given good movesets - i like winning with my crappy shinies that i've trained up to make the most of - it's more fun imo

Tiomasta

Not amused
I think that is dumb no offense, if you battle on wi-fi you will lose to everyone.
U NEED LEGENDARY IN YOUR TEAM IF YOU WANT GOOD RESULTS.

Man, that post was so wrong.
Thinking that legendaries equal super strength, that's what makes newbies use legendaries in the first place... Then they get beaten up by someone who can actually play.

rook09

Of science.
If the legendary is good, I'll use it, but I'm not bothered about making sure I have legendaries in my party

Gunter

Bass players unite!
Man, that post was so wrong.
Thinking that legendaries equal super strength, that's what makes newbies use legendaries in the first place... Then they get beaten up by someone who can actually play.

I concur.
I have about 7 younger cousins who play pokemon, and guess what?
Legendaries, legendaries, legendaries.
The worst thing is that most of them think they could win in a tournament. ._.

Lucos

There's a difference between "legendaries" and "ubers".
There is absolutely no problem using non-uber legendaries. Now, using ubers on a match that is not uber, that's wrong.

Garchomp is NOT fragile. 108 HP, 95 Def, 85 Sp.Def. That's not fragile.

He IS uber, deal with it.

Can you give me an example of a non-über legendary? (I'm fairly new to all the EV, IV en tier stuff)

LegendaryRotom

Can you give me an example of a non-über legendary? (I'm fairly new to all the EV, IV en tier stuff)
Heaty, the Regis, Cressi, the Lake Trio, the Beasts, Phione...
But they are mostly OU-UU, anyway.

I love legendaries, but I certainly don't use them for the sake of winning. I use them by choice because quite a few legendaries are among my favorite pokemon.
I would still use them even if they weren't legendary, the overpowered'ness is just an added bonus.

That said, I currently use Cresselia, Heatran, Darkrai, The Girameister, and Phione for both competitive play and in-game.

Really, there's nothing wrong with having a few legendaries you trained here and there....people still make too much of a fuss over it. :)
I've been beaten by normal teams while using my legends, it's really not impossible.

When I was younger I used to have one legendary pokemon in my party for example in blue I had mewtwo, gold was Lugia, Ruby was Groudon. However now I don't really like having legens=dary Pokemon in my party, I prefer having 'normal' Pokemon.