• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I honestly, honestly hope not.

I have to say I'm a little tired of these "creator god" Pokémon; they broke the pattern with Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem, who were simply very powerful dragons with a part in the foundation of the Unova region and therefore fabled in its mythology. Not deities, neither "rulers" of anything in nature, just this. Simple, and I love it.

I would prefer something like that for Xerneas and Yveltal instead of "crators of [something here]" or "rulers of [something here]".

I agree with this, which is really saying something if anybody here knows how I am in regards to the idea of going back to the old Legendary setup. Regardless, the point is that I would prefer that these Legendaries to be significant cultural figures and nothing more. Not pseudo-deities or titans or what-have-you.

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
For all you kiddies who haven't seen Princess Mononoke, Xerneas is based off of this.
View attachment 7701
It is the Spirit of the Forest, and it represents life.
Comes from an old legend that could have originated from Norse/Japanese myths.

So, what your saying is that Spirit and Xernias share a common homage, not that one is based on it. That's a lot of horns...

pkmntraineramit

I wonder what type Yveltal and Xerneas are gonna be. I hope some new types get introduced and Corocoro listed their types as ????. Also, Xerneas represents the nervous system and Yvetal represents the muscular system, if you look closely you can see some sort of resemblance (Kokatu mentions this too) so I reckon the legendary to complete the trio will represent the skeletal system.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I love the idea of Psychic/Steel an Poison/Dark.

After all the poor Poison type has been so ignored the past few generations giving them an awesome legendary would be a great way to make up for it.

I really hope it's poison. It's one of those types that just gets overlooked. I personally hate poison types because of their lack of coverage [how is poison NOT super-effective on fighting and normal!??!?!], but to have a legendary that's Poison/Dark with Levitate (no weakness) sounds frekkin AWESOME. Psychic/Steel with an ability that neutralizes super-effective attacks would balance the two out evenly. It would make perfect sense with their designs, color schemes, and mythologies.

I win the internet if I call this right haha

Also to comment on the 3rd practically inevitable "Z" legendary,
considering it's typing based off of my speculated typing for the other 2, a Dragon/Water would probably fit perfectly. Looking at the biological aspect of everyone's speculation, Water would signify the unification of the various aspects of life, and Dragon would suit it's speculated mythological origins [the dragon that sits at the roots of the tree].

pkmntraineramit

Also to comment on the 3rd practically inevitable "Z" legendary,
considering it's typing based off of my speculated typing for the other 2, a Dragon/Water would probably fit perfectly. Looking at the biological aspect of everyone's speculation, Water would signify the unification of the various aspects of life, and Dragon would suit it's speculated mythological origins [the dragon that sits at the roots of the tree].

It seems that the legends are based off norse legends as well as a sort of anatomical theme, so i think the 3rd legendary will take the form of a dragon, but also look like a skeleton, to tie in with the nervous system, muscular system and leading to the inevitable skeletal system.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Someone on Gamefaqs is saying the third version won't be called Pokemon Z because in Japan a Z at the end indicates an adult-only game. Is this true? If so it's really a shame because Z fits perfectly with the letters, dimensions, and Norse mythology.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Someone on Gamefaqs is saying the third version won't be called Pokemon Z because in Japan a Z at the end indicates an adult-only game. Is this true? If so it's really a shame because Z fits perfectly with the letters, dimensions, and Norse mythology.

I don't know about games, but that rule certainly does not exist for anime and tokusatsu series. So I assume the rule also does not exist for games.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Poison/dark would be lovely on Yveltal. Especially if it comes with levitate. (insert evil laughter here) Nah, it'll likely come with pressure, if it doesn't have some kind of gimmicky ability. Pressure seems to be the go-to for legendaries.

I see Xerneas being psychic, I don't know why. It just radiates psychic to me. Perhaps grass as a secondary type?

I'm looking forward to seeing what other legendaries this gen brings, I just hope they keep the number small. 4th gen was just nuts.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I see Xerneas as pure Grass and Yveltal as Dark/Flying. I don't see why people are thinking Xerneas is going to be Steel? Because it resembles Dialga? It really doesn't look like a Steel-type, it looks more like a natural Pokémon. I think the Pokémon Z is going to be Poison, but not Yveltal

Paralititan

I'm not sure, but it seems strange that it would count for games but not for movies like "Phantom Champion Z".

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
I'm thinkng Y will be a Dark/Flying and X is probably a Grass type with Water or Ice as a secondary type. X is just harder to read as what it could possibly be.

iGotNoiPad

Y will most probably have Dark while X does look like it has Grass.For the second typing, Y could be Flying,Fire and Ghost while X could be Steel, Poison and Ice.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Lol at Pokemon's newest tweet. "We're excited to reveal never-before-seen artwork of Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal! http://bit.ly/13fQzx8 "

It's the pictures from Corocoro that everyone's already seen xD

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Lol at Pokemon's newest tweet. "We're excited to reveal never-before-seen artwork of Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal! http://bit.ly/13fQzx8 "

It's the pictures from Corocoro that everyone's already seen xD

Well, it DID leak out, so in a way, they are right. :p

Still sad we don't know their Types, though... D:

Icon Zeph

It almost looks to me like Yveltel is going to be capable of being multiple types, similar to Arceus. That or I can see it's signature move changing type based off a held item like both Arceus and Genosect. If that's Xerneas would likely have some sorta gimmic connected to these same held items as well. If I was to guess they're types not taking that theory into account I'd say Yveltel is likely ground/grass, steel, ice, or electric and Xerneas is flying/dark, poison or fire. I'm guessing ground and flying between the two of them based on the theory of them repressenting the x and y axises. If that turns out to be true I'd bet Z will be there to repressent somewhere inbetween and would be either a ghost or dragon type.

Status
Not open for further replies.