• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Why people dispatch ideas so fast? Is this unlikely? Yes. Is this impossible? Not at all.

A fourth evo could happen, but honestly, I think it would be a bad idea. I mean, it could work if it is for pokémon that are not that strong like golem. But then again, they could just make a 3rd evo for a pokémon that needs it, like ariados.

And I like the idea of pokémon having three types, but in the same way that they have three abilities. A pokémon can have up to 3 abilities, but they will have just one of them when you catch them. Same for types: they could have 3 different types, and two are select random (or first type is fixed and second random). Like, charizard could be fire/dragon or fire/flying.

Yeah, I know you are thinking this "breaks the game" because then you wouldn't know a pokémon type for sure... but hey, it's the same with abilities. When you fight a bronzong, you do not know if it has levitate, heatproof or heavy metal as its ability. You have to guess and risk using earthquake or flamethrower. Same could apply to types. You know charizar could be fire/dragon or fire/flying, and you have to guess and risk to use earthquake or stone edge.
That is an unbelievable idea. Alternating second type would be cool for events(has a unique type unavailable to catch in game) shinies( eg. shiny rayquaza has a chance of being dragon/dark) and starters. (Like you start with the special type pokemon. Example charmander is fire but it would be fire/dragon but if it was breed that new charmander was just fire again that would make starters even more special)

Last edited:

JustKyle

It would be strange but, Who thinks that the other legendaries, like the fairies and other kinds of legends will be based off of letters as well?? :p

JustKyle

It also seems like they've stopped the idea of dragons for main legendaries -_-
I honestly think that there were becoming too many :p

german suplex

hipster chespin
I really hope it's poison. It's one of those types that just gets overlooked. I personally hate poison types because of their lack of coverage [how is poison NOT super-effective on fighting and normal!??!?!], but to have a legendary that's Poison/Dark with Levitate (no weakness) sounds frekkin AWESOME. Psychic/Steel with an ability that neutralizes super-effective attacks would balance the two out evenly. It would make perfect sense with their designs, color schemes, and mythologies.

I win the internet if I call this right haha

Wow, seems believable. Yes I gotta agree, Poison types tend to be overlooked.
I read somewhere that Yveltal could somewhat based on nerves and veins. From what I see, it could lead it to be part Poison.

Also we have yet to have a Poison type legendary. Make it happen GF!

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
so i was just on pokemon.com and i was looking at xerneas's and yveltal's size and height and i must say i was kind of expecting them to be smaller than they actually are
xerneas being 9'10" and weighing 474.0 lbs( i guarantee you if a deer like that existed in real life most hunters would be gunning for it or at least i would)
yveltal being 19'00" and weighing 447.5 lbs( how is it lighter than xerneas i will never know but i really dont care either)

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
so i was just on pokemon.com and i was looking at xerneas's and yveltal's size and height and i must say i was kind of expecting them to be smaller than they actually are
xerneas being 9'10" and weighing 474.0 lbs( i guarantee you if a deer like that existed in real life most hunters would be gunning for it or at least i would)
yveltal being 19'00" and weighing 447.5 lbs( how is it lighter than xerneas i will never know but i really dont care either)

If Yveltal is based on a raptor, it would make sense for it to be lighter than it looks, I think. That way it could fly faster to get it's prey, and it wouldn't waste as much energy to keep on flying. But don't quote me on that, I'm not a raptor expert!

Lv100Mewtwo

I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that they are gonna pull a Hydreigon on us and make Yveltal's Ability Levitate or some new one that gives it something similar while freeing up both it's type to be whatever they want. Right now I'm guessing Dark / Fire might be the heavy favourite, but I guess cases for Psychic could also be made, but we already have enough Psychic Legendaries as it is...

shadow wolf

The one and only!

Birds have hollow bones, otherwise they would be too heavy to fly; birds are naturally lighter. Yveltal's height is most likely counting tail length or wingspan.

Im also very interested in the other Legendary Pokemon. I just read an article that stated there might be a Pokemon W to tie in with Xerneas,Yveltal and Pokemon Z in the Norse Mythology. Pokemon W would represent the messenger in the Norse Mythology whether it is a Wolf,Goat,Squirrel, or a Raven. The only thing im hoping for is that this Generation keeps the Legendaries to a certain Limit I thought Gen 5 had to many Legendaries.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
If Yveltal is based on a raptor, it would make sense for it to be lighter than it looks, I think. That way it could fly faster to get it's prey, and it wouldn't waste as much energy to keep on flying. But don't quote me on that, I'm not a raptor expert!

Birds have hollow bones, otherwise they would be too heavy to fly; birds are naturally lighter. Yveltal's height is most likely counting tail length or wingspan.

point taken people i completely forgot about that. man do i feel stupid right now :(

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Im also very interested in the other Legendary Pokemon. I just read an article that stated there might be a Pokemon W to tie in with Xerneas,Yveltal and Pokemon Z in the Norse Mythology. Pokemon W would represent the messenger in the Norse Mythology whether it is a Wolf,Goat,Squirrel, or a Raven. The only thing im hoping for is that this Generation keeps the Legendaries to a certain Limit I thought Gen 5 had to many Legendaries.

I'm thinking Pokemon W (if there is one) would most likely be the squirrel; Ratatoskr.

point taken people i completely forgot about that. man do i feel stupid right now :(

Don't feel bad, we all make mistakes.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.

No problem. Forgetting doesn't make you stupid. at most it makes you... well... forgetful!

But, anyway, I don't think Ratatoskr would be added in a possible "pokémon W". If he does make his way into a legendary, he seems like he would be an event legendary, or something like that. I mean, squirrels are cute, and GameFreak likes their cute legendaries being "Event Only".
Maybe he could be one of those legendaries that you would have to bring the whole Yggdrasil trio to make he appear. That would be neat, too!

fahademon

Lugia Master
I'm thinking Yveltal will be either Dragon/Dark,Dark/Flying or Dark/Fire.I also think he might be able to switch between them because of the whole DNA thing.Same for Xerneas.

kadabrium

[SUP]N[/SUP]

And I apparently hope that this Ratatoskr one actually play a role in the main story line, like it guiding the player to destroy the plot of the villains, or instead being manipulated by the villains to provoke\lure the mascots.

Status
Not open for further replies.