• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahademon

Lugia Master
Why are some people thinking Yveltal is a she? o_O

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Okay so I had a hunch about Yveltal, and I thought he had potential to be a ghost type.
You mentioned wyverns, so I did some research.
Wyverns have different appearances, usually depicted as dragons or sea serpents;
They were also said to b able to breathe fire, and have a venomous bite.

Soooo my hunch has changed. I think Yveltal will be Dragon/Poison.
Unique and a way better typing then "dark/flying"

Thing is, a lot of people.don't think that he's a wyvern.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
and I'm sorry but the new art of yveltal really does make him look like a wyvern.

It... It's the same art as before...

Besides, it has a giant wingspan and fur around its neck, as well as a set of distinctly bird-like talons on its feet. Yveltal being a condor is probably a safer bet than it being a wyvern is.

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Scratch that master of the two, personally a master duo that surpasses Xerneas and Yveltal strength would be intriguing to see. Two legendary masters, one that outclasses Xerneas and vice versa.
Ooh, this spawns an interesting idea.
Instead of a 3rd game and a numbered sequel, it'd be a new pair of games with an alternate storyline (I mean entirely revamped story, not just adding a 3rd legendary in), with those 2 as the new mascots. Maybe like X^2 and Y^2. I'd be all over that.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
It... It's the same art as before...

Besides, it has a giant wingspan and fur around its neck, as well as a set of distinctly bird-like talons on its feet. Yveltal being a condor is probably a safer bet than it being a wyvern is.

Wyverns also have 2 legs and talons. I just looked up condors and he definately looks more dragon-like than vulture-like

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Wyverns also have 2 legs and talons. I just looked up condors and he definately looks more dragon-like than vulture-like

Which is probably because condors aren't vultures.

Either way, even the way its wings are affixed is more bird-like. Wyverns tend to have bat-like wings with claws that meet near the middle of the wing, whereas Yveltal's claws are at the end of his wings, like a bird's feathers. Even in the trailer, his flight is more akin to that of a bird. Beyond that, the talons on his feet are set up so that there are two in the front and one on the back, which allows his to clamp onto things just like a bird does, which is also evidenced by the way his talons are squeezed. Look at Braviary and Pidgeot, for example. Wyvern's have more lizard-like feet which are usually more elongated, like a regular foot. And like I said, there's the fur around his neck to consider as well.

Rio!

Composer
Soooo my hunch has changed. I think Yveltal will be Dragon/Poison.
Unique and a way better typing then "dark/flying"

That would be just great. ;D

To be honest, I could see Yveltal being a condor/wyvern-like creature either way; I've seen interpretations of both.
Although I am tempted to lean more towards the reptilian side. I wouldn't complain either way though. :I

/shrugs.

Originally Posted by fahademon

Might have to do with the DNA-relation speculation with X and Y chromosomes, hence that.
A Mascot with genders, whoa. o;

Last edited:

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

I don't see why not?
To me Yveltal looks very fierce and *IMO* graceful and elegant.
Just because its tough looking doesn't mean she can't be a she.
Granbull looks like it would be predominantly male, but on the contrary its
Actually predominantly female.

BBtheASH

I wonder if yveltal's wing and tail appendages (claws? talons?)can all connect, it rolls up In a ball and demolishes things like a meteorite or somethin. Weird that it has the same things on its wings/hands and tail

There has to be some type of usage, it wouldn't make sense for Gamefreak to design a pokemon,
With three seperate appendages that are essentially all the same.
Question is, what exactly are they used for.?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
There has to be some type of usage, it wouldn't make sense for Gamefreak to design a pokemon,

Unless they wanted it to look like a Y for some strange reason.

Ver-mont

Question is, what exactly are they used for.?

Clawing and gripping, probably.

BBtheASH

okay so I just realized that guessing what the new legendaries are going to be is pointless.
all we know for sure for sure or at least through speculation is that Yveltal is most definatley flying, and xerneas may most likely be steel. we can't make assumptions throught he information we have it this time.

Jonny2013

Bug Catcher
Yveltal is based off of the condor in Norse Mythology, Xerneas is based off of the Yaks in Norse Mythology, Which means "Z" is going to be the Midgard Serpent. Also, who even thought it was X, Y, W? That doesn't even make sense.

Yveltal is Fire/Flying. Xerneas is Grass/Steel. Which means "Z" should be Water/Rock. Making them an even trio, just like the starters. The first legendary trio to do that. That's my guess. ;)

ALSO.. Condors ARE in fact Vultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.