1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hevver

hevver Heart of Darkness

When is the next Corocoro issue coming out? Anyone know?

2. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Since the last one leaked a couple of days ago, don't expect anything until around February 12th.

There's a long wait ahead...

3. BBtheASH

BBtheASH A Fairy Specialized Trainer

a long wait indeed.....I don't think I can wait so long....

4. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Touché. I retract my previous statement on the matter, but maintain my opinion that the two are visually distinct from one another and that Yveltal is much more condor-like in appearance than it is wyvern-like.

Oh gosh... I don't even want to think about that. Hopefully we get something in the meantime through some other source of information.

5. hevver

hevver Heart of Darkness

Eh not really that long. I can handle.

6. fahademon

fahademon Lugia Master

Oh god.It suddenly feels like it'll take super-long.

7. Super Llama

Super Llama Aussie Poké Trainer

Keeping in mind the games don't come out for another 9 months at least, ohoho.

8. fahademon

fahademon Lugia Master

Normally that wouldn't have mattered to me,but this particular release feels REALLY far.

9. SilverQuil

SilverQuil FireMohawk of DOOM

If you look back at some of the old trailers for games like Diamond & Pearl or Black & White, they seem to have at least some focus on what the two version legendaries have in common. With Dialga and Palkia it was their gems, and with Reshiram and Zekrom it was their jet-engine tails. With Xerneas and Yveltal, whatever they have in common seems to have something to do with light. When Yveltal flies in front of the sun, you can see the light shining through its body, and then a trail of red light follows it as it dives down. The sun is also in the background for part of Xerneas' clip, and the colorful parts of its antlers seem to glow. Given that, it might not be too much of a stretch to speculate that both Xerneas and Yveltal have something to do with light, or specifically sunlight.

10. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

New Light Type, and they both are it confirmed? XD

I am honestly very confused with these two and their Types.

11. X&Y

X&Y Member

Interesting theory... I actually wouldn't mind that being true haha

12. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Oh god ! stop the light type speculation. I have had enough of it. :)

13. fahademon

fahademon Lugia Master

No young one,you must see the light. :p

14. Eraserhead23

Eraserhead23 Member

15. FennekinFan

FennekinFan Well-Known Member

He is, at least in name. Could still work for the Norse Mythos though.. a lot of Celtic and Norse figures appear to be quite closely related.

16. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

Amen. Honestly, any new type is never going to happen.

OT: Has anyone else seen the spots on Xerneas's skin, towards the rear, that further prove the deer-eagle thing? And does anyone think Xerneas will be male because of its horns?

17. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

First, New Types can happen, please stop talking as if you know GameFreak's future, ok?

And second, female Rhinos do have horns, so I don't think that's obvious enough. Rather, I'm sure they will be genderless.

18. fahademon

fahademon Lugia Master

I didnt see spots,but I am thinking it'll be male.

19. FennekinFan

FennekinFan Well-Known Member

Actually, not sure about the deer-eagle thing, but I saw it mentioned elsewhere that Xerneas contained the relevant colours for all main Pokemon games bar ruby, and at least one of the spots appears to be a dark red.

Hmm.. this might also be linked to the idea just mentioned in the region thread of this region being linked to Unova (hence the load of black and white in his design)

20. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

First, new types are highly illogical as everything is working out just fine as it is. If anything maybe some types that already exist could get a tweaking. I don't know GameFreak's future, but I can predict it with logic and reasoning.Please don't try to tell me what to do.

Second, you're right. Female rhinos do have horns. I don't see how that justifies that female deer have horns, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.