• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalH

I really hope that Xerneas doesn't turn out to be psychic or part psychic, there are way to many legendary Pokemon that are psychic or part psychic(15 including Arceus). I'd rather see some legendary poison types, there should've been at least one by now.

Yveltal to me looks like it could be a combination of fire/dark, dark/flying, flying/fire, maybe even part dragon.

I want another legendary bug type. It hasn't been done all that much, and I think there could be some cool bugs that could look legendary.

ludiloco

what if Yveltal is Poison/Dark defensive pokemon and has Levitate as ability? just how broken would be that?

KC.

The Hero Pegasus
what if Yveltal is Poison/Dark defensive pokemon and has Levitate as ability? just how broken would be that?

I doubt that it will be Poison really. Just cause most Poison-Types are usually more more Purple-ish Blue-ish or another kind of Poison color like Green (venusaur). But it is a good thought. Also I think it would be a little to broken and may find itself in Ubers quicker than it thinks.

onleal91

What if they did an idea of 12 legendaries for each of the Chinese zodiac animals? It would eliminate the typical legendary trio (Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos, Raikou/Suicune/Entei/ etc.) and the excessive ones (Heatran, Cresselia, typical fairy/ies, hidden events). I am looking forward to the idea of DLC with the 3DS and the release of legendaries/events/and new pokemon that way if they were to go that route, and having the pokemon downloaded means that their code wouldnt be datamined at the beginning and would prevent unwanted spoilers to the Pokemon community.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Still wonder what the trio of legendary Pokemon will come out still it? I think it be cool if they bring out trio dark type Pokemon, like they dome with the trio psychic types in Gen 3.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
A praying mantis pokemon would be cool. Maybe even a legendary.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

XXD17

Draco rex
Lugia doesn't have feathers either though so it still can be a stylized bird.

I think lugia does have feathers...it's just sleek and not obvious like a penguin's...I mean aren't silver wings lugia feathers? Also pokemon like cresselia look like they don't have feathers either but they do (lunar wing)...so yveltal could have feathers maybe...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

XXD17

Draco rex

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
Aww, sorry Scyther and Leavanny. I kind of forgot that they were mantises because I mainly identify a mantis by its gigantic eyes. Well, Leavanny has big-ish eyes, but I didn't even remember him until you reminded me.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
I like these. And I haven't said that about box legends since the days of RSE (Well, the two on BW looked cool, but weren't quite... there).

The deer looks really cool. I think the designers did a great job catching the majesty of a mature stag. If I had to guess, I'd say Grass or Normal, possibly Psychic (as much as I'm sick of Psychics...)

The bird... The design is cool looking at it head on, though I'm not sure about the back. To be fair, I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be, maybe some kind of wyvern or gryffin. I'm feeling the Flying here, possibly Dark as a secondary type (not a lot of Dark legends, it's an interesting area I don't think has been explored much yet).

The heraldry idea is an interesting one, though why they wouldn't have done that with Team Plasma (who were all running around dressed as knights) is an interesting question. I think there may also be a life/death or good/evil dichotomy going here. The deer has a sort of nurturing, life-bringing feel to it, whereas the bird is all claws and looks like death is about to rain down from above.

fahademon

Lugia Master
Yveltal is a condor.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Time to theorize

Theme-Pokemon X and Y implies a connection to chromosones, and thus genetics. I think that Pokemon X and Y are one of two things-artificial legendaries like Mewtwo(possibly created/enhanced by the baddies) that represent genetics, or deities representing love(France, the place this is based off, is associated with romance)

Type-If these Pokemon are artificial, I expect them to share either Steel or Psychic as a type. As for their other type? Got no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.