• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
Making predictions based on past games (My prediction on Pokemon Gray notwithstanding), There will probably be at least on Legendary trio, another Pokemon to support Xerneas and Yveltal and to set a base for another game, most likely Pokemon Z. And, at least one "uncatchable" (By uncatchable, I mean Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, etc.)

Yveltal96

A little more human
something i really wanna know is what the new enemy team will be and if there will be one or two (im hoping for two like in R/S/E)

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Well, whatever they do with Xerneas and Yveltal, I just hope they follow the Tao Trio's example by being more like guardians/allies instead of warring over each other like ''mortal enemies'' like earlier legends. That's getting pretty old to me, but it's mostly a gripe I've got with the movies since its watered down considerably in the games...besides that beef between Kyogre and Groudon, of course.

Part of the reason I enjoyed Reshiram and Zekrom alike was due to how they had alliance with each other; both in their Signature moves and in BW's story as being of one flesh at a time. I've never watched any of the Unova movies though, so I may be wrong about 'em being generally peaceful towards each other.

Off that topic, I don't think we've EVER had cover legends this different from each other. It's like they're tailored to opposing tastes now; with Yveltal taking the traditional ''Bad-Mofo Cover Legend'' look and Xerneas looking deceptively defenseless and majestic...haha, this may be the first time I actually struggle to choose a Version to buy.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Well, whatever they do with Xerneas and Yveltal, I just hope they follow the Tao Trio's example by being more like guardians/allies instead of warring over each other like ''mortal enemies'' like earlier legends. That's getting pretty old to me, but it's mostly a gripe I've got with the movies since its watered down considerably in the games...besides that beef between Kyogre and Groudon, of course.

Part of the reason I enjoyed Reshiram and Zekrom alike was due to how they had alliance with each other; both in their Signature moves and in BW's story as being of one flesh at a time. I've never watched any of the Unova movies though, so I may be wrong about 'em being generally peaceful towards each other.

Off that topic, I don't think we've EVER had cover legends this different from each other. It's like they're tailored to opposing tastes now; with Yveltal taking the traditional ''Bad-Mofo Cover Legend'' look and Xerneas looking deceptively defenseless and majestic...haha, this may be the first time I actually struggle to choose a Version to buy.

Me too! It's so contrasted, LUV IT!!!

But can anyone show me the Norse Legend that people are saying that Xerneas, Yvetal, and "Z Pokemon" are based off of?

Last edited:

Sealotic

It's basically saying that Yveltal is the Hawk that sits on in Asgard on the Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, that Xerneas is the four stags on Midgard, and since 'Z' resembles the shape of a serpent, Z will be the Serpent at the roots of the trees. It's valid, but unlikely.

EDIT: I got the hyperlink for you:
http://www.kimikogaming.net/pokemon...nts-towards-pokemon-z-and-a-legendary-dragon/

This link is incredible ! It makes sense, it's complete, it would be so nice !
I was thinking of a ancient rish pokemon like Relicanth for the ''Z'' pokemon, but after I read that, I guess the snake speculation is a good one.

Quimagma

The quilava Master!
the object could be steel...also normal type is called normal because it normally affects things. why would it be super effective against something?

EDIT: also something I am 100% positive everyone is expecting is for Game Freak to make a poison-type legendary because it is the only type of legendary not made aside from poison plate Arceus

Maybe lights weakness could be (for light) ghost, which could drain the light or something

SlenderMan0

Destroyed&Recreated
To me,the deer legendary looks like the Deerling evolutions combined,don't you think?

Sealotic

Maybe lights weakness could be (for light) ghost, which could drain the light or something

Yeah, that's good, but a ghost disappear, faints when there is light, so...

The Dark and light types could be super-effective against eachother also, sometimes the darkness triumph over the light and sometimes the Light triumph over the darkness.
It would be like duo, 2 enemies.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
I think if light type existed resistance is dark, since light beats darkness, and normal beats light because a object blocks light and makes it dark

i think something that people who do the light-type thing need to understand is that the japanese dark for dark isn't dark like without light dark, its dark like evil or bad, 悪. light type makes absolutely NO SENSE, i am sorry it it is finally time to say it. what would be opposite of dark type would be "good type". not light type. ARGH!!!! okay, i am finished. i wish with this simple enlightening fact the entire light-type thing would also be finished, but such is not the way of this forum.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Aside from what sunyshore said...

I've said this before but light and sound are sub-components of all types.
You can't simply have a type dedicated to these two.

Besides, light are electromagnetic waves. So it's basically electric in nature.
As for sound, it is something you just hear. What else does it do? Nothing. That's why it falls under Normal type.

Sealotic

Totally agree with the post above.

I think that we are talking about those light and sound type in the legendary thread because Xerneas looks like a light type, no ?
Well, there is a lot of pokemon that could already been light types and if after 5 generations a new type hadn,t appear, it's for a reason.

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
Been silent long enough, time for my two cents. Based of appearance alone Xerneas does superficially appear as a steel and whatever type the antlers are suppose to represent. Yveltal on the other hand does strike me as a bit sinister, so I do see the dark motif, with maybe flying, fire or even ghost. The theories that the legends are based on Norse Mythology or Celtic Mythology is very interesting and exciting to me. Personally, I am hoping for the Celtic variety, with Xerneas being based of Cernunnos. In the trailer they showed Xerneas in a forest, so I am hoping it is part grass-type. I know being in a forest doesn't prove anything, but lets be real, all the other starter types have been a mascot legendary and maybe it is time for the grass-type to have a turn. Plus if it is based off Cernunnos the "Lord of the Animals" who also represents nature and fruitfulness I can't think of another type to embody that properly besides the grass-type. Can you seriously imagine a psychic/steel governing nature and in extension all grass-types? Then again this is GF and in the past they have shown us that types are independent of location and title, for instance the "Guardian of the Seas" being a psychic/flying and living comfortably on the ocean floor.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well, whatever they do with Xerneas and Yveltal, I just hope they follow the Tao Trio's example by being more like guardians/allies instead of warring over each other like ''mortal enemies'' like earlier legends. That's getting pretty old to me, but it's mostly a gripe I've got with the movies since its watered down considerably in the games...besides that beef between Kyogre and Groudon, of course..

I've mentioned this somewhere else, but the "mortal enemies" thing isn't actually that common among legendaries. It's really just Kyogre and Groudon. Dialga and Palkia were only enemies in the movies, which don't really have any basis in the games other than the obvious.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
i think something that people who do the light-type thing need to understand is that the japanese dark for dark isn't dark like without light dark, its dark like evil or bad, 悪. light type makes absolutely NO SENSE, i am sorry it it is finally time to say it. what would be opposite of dark type would be "good type". not light type. ARGH!!!! okay, i am finished. i wish with this simple enlightening fact the entire light-type thing would also be finished, but such is not the way of this forum.

Plus the fact that we already have a "good" type: Fighting. Dark-type is all about fighting dirty and using sneaky, underhanded tactics. It's fighting dishonorably. Fighting-type on the other hand is martial arts, fighting with a code of honor. That's not exactly "good vs evil" but it's close enough. It's like Samurai vs. Ninjas. Honor vs. dishonor. That's why Fighting is super effective against Dark, that's why the Muskadeers are Fighting-type, and that's why Justified is affected by Dark.
Dark-type actually has very little to do literal darkness. Look at the list of Dark-type moves. There's about 30 Dark-type moves, and only two of them are related to literal darkness (Dark Void and Night Daze). The vast majority of them are related to fighting dirty, not actual darkness. Beat Up, Thief, Faint Attack, Nasty Plot... get the picture yet, guys?
And most Dark-type Pokemon are Dark-type because they use sneaky tactics, not because they have anything to do with literal darkness. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head that do are Umbreon and Darkrai.

So if people want a Light type to counter Dark (which is what is usually suggested) we already have that. It also adds an interesting new dimension to Lucario and Zoroark. They're opposites in more ways than one. Aside from the Fighting vs Dark thing, Zoroark creates illusions while Lucario has the power to see the truth.

Now, if people want a light-type for literal brightness, and not a "good" or "holy" type, that wouldn't make much sense either. Literal light is not big enough for its own type. How many moves use light? Solarbeam, Flash Cannon... I can't think of very many. And how many Pokemon would fit that description? Lanturn and Ampharos come to mind, and they're both Electric-type.

I've mentioned this somewhere else, but the "mortal enemies" thing isn't actually that common among legendaries. It's really just Kyogre and Groudon. Dialga and Palkia were only enemies in the movies, which don't really have any basis in the games other than the obvious.

Reshiram and Zekrom are enemies, though. The whole backstory was that the two brothers fought against each other using Reshiram and Zekrom. They fought against each other when the Original Dragon was split. They're opposites, yin and yang.
But you're right about the 4th Gen legendaries; I can't recall Dialga and Palkia ever being implied to be enemies in the games; just in the anime.

Last edited:

Ryan7437

Banned
I found all if this on pokejungle.net, this supposedly came from someone who is associated with pokemon X and Y, not sure if its all official but the immense details given make it seem believable:

“Due to the “world wide” release of Pokémon X/Y, pre-release information that at this time would usually be reserved for the Japanese branch of the Pokémon Company is now present among the localization departments of the other regions as well (such as NOA, where I am situated), and I have actually seen the full roster of new Pokémon as have quite a few people worldwide due to the difficulty regarding keeping everything under wraps. Thus, I can share a bit of preliminary information about new Pokémon appearing in X/Y.

-More than 100 new Pokémon.
-There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokémon However, a few older Pokémon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments.
-No new types, but there are “Cross-bred” Pokémon introduced. Certain father/mother breeding pairs will result in a visually distinct child, who will be the mother’s species, but will, for example, have a pattern reminiscent of its father or a slightly altered color scheme. This is basically the new Gender Difference and is simply an aesthetic bonus, nothing extreme and only certain pairings result in this…the Pokemon is still considered the species of its mother, it’s not a new species. One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.
-The Starters become Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric. They’re inspired by various European-centric archetypes…Chespin becomes a knight with chestnut armor, Fennekin a wizard with a majestic fur cloak, and Froakie a Nordic Viking with a thunder-cloud mullet/beard.
-Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.

NEW POKEMON:
Normal: Kendama-based Pokémon. Its main body rides atop a giant ball.

Grass: A black-bear whose body is made of berries.

Fire: Pintata Bull with horns that are torches.

Water: Sea-bird. Looks like a socialite due to a feather that looks like an ascot.

Electric: A poodle whose fluffy-parts are statically-charged fur.

Bug: Millipede, besides the head its long body is made of bubbles

Flying: A peacock with a tail that’s a harp.

Steel: A female-like Pokémon whose long hair is made of long, steel cables.

Rock: A rock-based snail, its got a bell for a shell, and its body looks like a cathedral.

Ground: An elephant whose body is covered in hardened mud-armor, more realistic looking than Donphan.

Psychic: An “Arabian” Pokemon wrapped in a brightly-colored carpet clothing.

Dark: Raccoon. Its tail serves as a burglar sack, and it’s got a stylish black mask.

Poison: Little purple lizard, it swings its (very large) broken tail around like a huge club.

Fighting: A very weird Pokémon who resembles a giant, living sneaker. Cooler looking than it sounds.

Ice: A Snowman with coal on its head looking like the incense marks Shaolin Monks have.

Ghost: A kasa-obake (umbrella ghost) that’s brightly colored and “fancy” looking.

Dragon: A Kirin that looks like a dragonic-unicorn.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Reshiram and Zekrom are enemies, though. The whole backstory was that the two brothers fought against each other using Reshiram and Zekrom. They fought against each other when the Original Dragon was split. They're opposites, yin and yang.

Yin and Yang are opposites, yes; however, they don't oppose each other. They are complementary forces that depend on each other. Reshiram and Zekrom aren't natural enemies; they came into conflict due to the ideological dispute between the brothers that controlled them. When they work together, they are capable of forming a whole new civilization.

Crystal Power

I wonder who's the more popular mascot is right now, Xerneas or Yveltal?

Status
Not open for further replies.