• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

I wish the deer had more of an X-appearance like the badass hawk one does. Because honestly, they both look like they represent Y

Gonna call it right now: Y-Hawk Legendary is Dark/Fire or Dark/Flying
X-Deer Legendary is Psychic/Grass or Grass/NewType (I mean look at it's antlers, that looks like a new rainbow type lmao)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
X-Deer Legendary is Psychic/Grass or Grass/NewType (I mean look at it's antlers, that looks like a new rainbow type lmao)

Please don't. Please.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I actually prefer the flying red dragon thing over the rainbow Arceus. It reminds me of a Yu-Gi-Oh! monster, but it's still brilliant. Anyway, I don't normally choose which game I'm gonna get based on the cover Pokemon, but I'm leaning on getting whichever game features the red dragon/bird/thing.

uber gon

Accept Change
If there is a Z version then I can see why its legendary is angry. Being stuck in the Z position must suck.

I think the chromosome theory is not actual but the axis theory is actual. 3D after all. Therefore the third pokemon would be the third dimension(Z).

dman_dustin

Big giant, DNA strand Dragon thingy. Or something like that.

I meant more along the lines of what it would be considered.

The bird is X

The deer is Y

What would be the hypothetical 3rd version be: XY? Though that might not work.

But would be interesting to see some giant DNA strand Pokemon of some kind. Not sure if I would like it, but would be interesting to see what that would look like.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually prefer the flying red dragon thing over the rainbow Arceus. It reminds me of a Yu-Gi-Oh! monster, but it's still brilliant. Anyway, I don't normally choose which game I'm gonna get based on the cover Pokemon, but I'm leaning on getting whichever game features the red dragon/bird/thing.

Well that would be Y version, that much is clear.

gliscor&yanmega

I meant more along the lines of what it would be considered.

The bird is X

The deer is Y

But would be interesting to see some giant DNA strand Pokemon of some kind. Not sure if I would like it, but would be interesting to see what that would look like.

Well it can be Z, Gamefreak could always work in the DNA thing and the axis thing, as well as the other thing people keep bringing up(Myth of some sort). A DNA Dragon in the shape of a Z(As uncomfortable as that probably would be).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

XX and XY could work.

Oh lord, here we go. "THa POKerman LOOK LikE EvaNGelons!!!!!"

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I like them both, but I prefer the bird. It's like a big black-and-red wyvern-ey condor, and I LOVE condors.

More like a -wait for it....Y-vern! (you do not know how long I dwelled on that god awful pun hoping to be the first one to say anything)

It would be interesting to see a potential z-axis pokemon but since recently Gamefreak loves being unpredictable it's more likely that the third pokemon would be based off the Greek letter delta or something.

Penguinist Trainer

I'm definitely looking forward to the Legendaries in this game. My wife has already claimed whichever game gets the deer because it resembles the guardian from Princess Mononoke. I also like the design of the Y-bird. I am curious as to what the additional legendaries would be based on the theories that are being thrown around.

I've heard people referring to X,Y, and Z as being reference points in the 3rd Dimension (3DS), so I'd be curious to know if there would be possibly a Legendary version of Porygon-Z.

I've also heard people refer to X.Y being DNA chromosomes, so I'm curious to know if maybe Deoxys might be obtainable in game without an event. Or maybe we'd come across the meteor site where Deoxys landed. Then of course in that regard, we've also been introduced to the DNA Splicers in Gen V, so maybe we'll be introduced to spliced legends.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've heard people referring to X,Y, and Z as being reference points in the 3rd Dimension (3DS), so I'd be curious to know if there would be possibly a Legendary version of Porygon-Z.

Pretty sure that Porygon-Z is going to stay Porygon-Z. If there is a Z legendary it will have its own unique design.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
More like a -wait for it....Y-vern! (you do not know how long I dwelled on that god awful pun hoping to be the first one to say anything)

I applaud you, sir.

UnovaCastaway

This is the first time since Gen II that I've loved both mascots. The bird looks epic and I'm leaning toward Y, but the deer looks really great too. I just hope the third mascot is just as great.

I also hope you catch one and battle the opposite, just like in BW.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I think the chromosome theory is not actual but the axis theory is actual. 3D after all. Therefore the third pokemon would be the third dimension(Z).

Oh wow, awesome comment. I actually agree with you 100% as there is also a Z dimension. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.