• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think some sort of Chinese Zodiac Legendary theme would be awesome. Tiger, Snake, Rooster, Mouse, Horse, Ram, Ox, Monkey, Pig, Dog, Dragon, and Rabbit.

Thoughts?

They already did that to some degree with the Fire starters, although Fennekin is the first one to break the trend.

Charizard = Dragon
Typhlosion = Rat
Blaziken = Rooster
Infernape = Monkey
Emboar = Pig

Courpse_Mew

They already did that to some degree with the Fire starters, although Fennekin is the first one to break the trend.

Charizard = Dragon
Typhlosion = Rat
Blaziken = Rooster
Infernape = Monkey
Emboar = Pig

I've never understood this. Typhlosion isn't a rat, Cyndaquil isn't even a rat. it might be called the Fire Mouse Pokemon, but it's based off a completely different animal. So, if everyone is going to call Typhlosion a rat, then you might as well call Fennekin, and future evolutions, a dog.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Charizard = Dragon
Typhlosion = Rat
Blaziken = Rooster
Infernape = Monkey
Emboar = Pig

Fennekin represents the Dog. Fennec Foxes are canine.
The Cyndaquil line are not actually mice, but their basis are rodents in nature.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Fennekin represents the Dog. Fennec Foxes are canine.
The Cyndaquil line are not actually mice, but their basis are rodents in nature.

That seems like a bit of a stretch considering that if it were really intentional, they could have just as easily used an actual rat/dog as the basis and not "eh, foxes are canines and echidnas are rodents so it's close enough."

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That seems like a bit of a stretch considering that if it were really intentional, they could have just as easily used an actual rat/dog as the basis and not "eh, foxes are canines and echidnas are rodents so it's close enough."

Well, I think they didn't go with the Rat again considering there's already Sentret and Rattata in Johto.
While the Fire Dog already exists in the form of Houndour and Houndoom. Same with Fire Wolf -- Vulpix and Ninetales.

EDIT: Vulpix and Ninetales are foxes... not wolves... my bad.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Growlith and Arcanine are Fire Dogs too, right?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Well, I think they didn't go with the Rat again considering there's already Sentret and Rattata in Johto.
While the Fire Dog already exists in the form of Houndour and Houndoom. Same with Fire Wolf -- Vulpix and Ninetales.

I know I'm nitpicking but Vulpix and Ninetales are technically foxes. I don't think we've actually had a fire wolf, right?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I know I'm nitpicking but Vulpix and Ninetales are technically foxes. I don't think we've actually had a fire wolf, right?

Oops. My bad. I completely confused them for wolves. Sorry about that.

Yveltal96

A little more human

but it's true
cyndaquil's species is the fire mouse pokemon

dragonphoenixlord

Fossil Master
I hope that dragon legendaries are done with for a while. I love dragons, but there are too many of them now as legendaries. I hope the trio is better than the last three generations' trios. I wonder what the Z Pokemon will be. If Xerneas governs the x-axis(horizontal) or land and Yveltal governs the y-axis(vertical) or sky, then what does the z-axis cover? The depth Pokemon? I can only think it would be from a different dimension or that it would govern time. Both of those have been covered by other legendaries though.

Courpse_Mew

but it's true

Just because it's true about Fennekin being related to dogs and Cyndaquil is called the Fire Mouse Pokemon, it doesn't mean that this was Game Freak's intention. I think fans are just seeing a pattern where no pattern exists. Until I hear that all fire starters are based off a different animal in the Chinese zodiac from an official source, I'm incline to believe that this is just an idea that people keep pushing contrary to the facts that Fennekin is a fox and Cyndaquil is an echidna, that the starters are all out of order for the zodiac cycle, and that the snake, horse, and ram are the only animals in the Chinese zodiac that have the fixed element of fire and obviously have not been done yet. Which would be ironic if this Zodiac Conspiracy was actually true.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
but it's true

Mouse =/= Rat, and Cyndaquil is an echidna anyway.

I wonder what the Z Pokemon will be. If Xerneas governs the x-axis(horizontal) or land and Yveltal governs the y-axis(vertical) or sky, then what does the z-axis cover? The depth Pokemon? I can only think it would be from a different dimension or that it would govern time. Both of those have been covered by other legendaries though.

That's only if they actually have anything to do with geometrical dimensions. Technically, Palkia's got that covered. The titles X and Y seemingly refer to chromosomes given the DNA helices in the Japanese titles.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
I've never understood this. Typhlosion isn't a rat, Cyndaquil isn't even a rat. it might be called the Fire Mouse Pokemon, but it's based off a completely different animal. So, if everyone is going to call Typhlosion a rat, then you might as well call Fennekin, and future evolutions, a dog.

There may be some validity to this theory, but only time will tell. I like the idea of it, though. A fire ram would be awesome. However, isn't the theory for Grass starters supposed to be that they're all reptiles? Chespin obviously broke this chain... So i'm not so sure that there really are concrete starter trends.

On another note, isn't this the legendary thread? Ha ha. Back on topic, I just hope that they don't do too many legendaries.. I miss the days when there were only about 5-6 per gen. Maybe that's because I never use them, though.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^ Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko, and Turtwig say HI! Only Snivy Line is a serpent.

.....actually, Treecko, which is your avatar, is a reptile.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
.....actually, Treecko, which is your avatar, is a reptile.

Plus, Bulbasaur and Chikorita are dinosaurs, which when last I checked, were also reptilian.

Yveltal96

A little more human
^ Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko, and Turtwig say HI! Only Snivy Line is a serpent.

every single grass starter until now has been a reptile
bulbasaur and chikorita are both dinosaurs
treeko is a leaf-tailed gecko
turtwig is....well a turtle
and snivy was a snake
chespin is the first mammal grass starter

Status
Not open for further replies.