• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa21

Goku_ssj3_by_Spartan_021_Danger.jpg

reminds me of ssj3

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
The scan quality seems sub-par, I'm rather surprised that Serebii posted it. Normally they do a thorough vetting on things like this, and don't post news until it's absolutely confirmed to be real. I saw on another board that the first scan looks like a pretty bad photoshop of another one of the Genesect movie poster, just with the new mewtwo.

I also don't see why we would need to give Mewtwo a new form. I can't say I really like it at this point, but maybe it will grow on me if it's confirmed? Either way, I'm really looking forward to some official confirmation on this thing, either so we know to let it go or to start embracing it. If this thing is legit, all the gen one fans are going to be EXTREMELY butthurt.

The gen one fans would be butthurt anyway.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
The scan quality seems sub-par, I'm rather surprised that Serebii posted it. Normally they do a thorough vetting on things like this, and don't post news until it's absolutely confirmed to be real. I saw on another board that the first scan looks like a pretty bad photoshop of another one of the Genesect movie poster, just with the new mewtwo.

I also don't see why we would need to give Mewtwo a new form. I can't say I really like it at this point, but maybe it will grow on me if it's confirmed? Either way, I'm really looking forward to some official confirmation on this thing, either so we know to let it go or to start embracing it. If this thing is legit, all the gen one fans are going to be EXTREMELY butthurt.

I think full artwork is what is best to get people properly deciding what they think of this form change. Some people think Mewtwo takes on a snake like appearance because of the scan quality!

The mewtwo frome pic says something about being level 100.

That is the event Pokémon.

Gilligan

So this new Mewtwo. Photoshop from the new movie poster and someone is a successful troll?

424px-M16_poster.png

538963_438409192912040_1459571780_n.jpg

Same images, just different Mewtwos...

Not believing it at the moment.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
So this new Mewtwo. Photoshop from the new movie poster and someone is a successful troll?

424px-M16_poster.png

This has been discussed before, look at the posters for Kyurem vs Keldeo, very similar posters, but Keldeo is different in 2 posters.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
I really hope that Smash's "big reveal" on Saturday is still a new Pokemon, and not this alleged Mewtwo form.

I've never been a fan of the alternate forms they've introduced these past generations. That said, this new (unconfirmed) mewtwo form does look kinda cool. It reminds me of Frieza from DBZ and I will totally be renaming mine to that if it's true.

That's what I thought!!! It's a little too DBZ reminiscent for my liking, but I guess I haven't seen it all clearly yet. It's a cool idea to add a new form to a Gen 1 legendary, though.

WNDR

The main thing that bugs me about mewnew is its derpy foot, its the same size as his head with three odd toes. I can buy GF giving mew two a new form, the love changing forms! There's just something about it that doesn't quite seem right...

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
No it's not..... Castform was revealed before Deoxys.
Even still, most people remember Deoxys before Castform (even pokemon fans). Regardless, it is sort of true that Form-changing wasn't this huge thing before, but now it's become the "legendary" thing to do. Rather than evolve, legendaries get alternate forms. If they insist on this becoming true of most (if not all) legendaries, I'm nobody to argue, but I won't be all that happy about it. I'd rather they spend time designing new pokemon than remaking old (and in Mewtwo's case awesome) ones. As somebody earlier said, don't fix what isn't broken.

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
This possible new Mewtwo form reminds me of Sheldon Cooper fused with Freiza from Dragonball...

If it IS confirmed later, then I don't know whether I'll like it until I see it's game sprites or official artwork. this does make me wonder though if Smash will reveal anything related to this on Sunday. People here were saying the pokemon behind the questionmark seemed to be floating after all.

The main thing that bugs me about mewnew is its derpy foot, its the same size as his head with three odd toes.
Yeah, it looks weird. But now that I've looked at it I think it might actually be the end part of its head/tail, swirling around its body. It just looks too weird to be a foot. We'll see, I guess...

Leocat

What I would find interesting is a new evolution for Mew 2 that is breedable. He seems to be a lonely pokemon who feels out of place due to his artificial nature. Why not have a new species of Mew. I'm not advocating that you get a Mew 2 by breeding but that you evolve Mew 2 to Mew 3 that is slightly less powerful but with new abilities and is breedable. The eggs hatch in to a new pre evo of Mew 3. Just an idea which might be creative.

Firebrand

Indomitable

424px-M16_poster.png

538963_438409192912040_1459571780_n.jpg

Not believing it at the moment.

Yeah, this was the scan I mentioned in my previous post, didn't know where to find it. I don't recall the Keldeo poster exactly, but my hazy recollection says that there were more differences between the two than simply Keldeo's form. There were other characters and pokemon included between the two. This is literally the exact same, with only mewtwo and perhaps the background changed. The scan quality is hazy, so I can't say for certain if the background is different. Just looks like a hazy version of the sky in the first one.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Yeah, this was the scan I mentioned in my previous post, didn't know where to find it. I don't recall the Keldeo poster exactly, but my hazy recollection says that there were more differences between the two than simply Keldeo's form. There were other characters and pokemon included between the two. This is literally the exact same, with only mewtwo and perhaps the background changed. The scan quality is hazy, so I can't say for certain if the background is different. Just looks like a hazy version of the sky in the first one.

Well, Oshawott has been moved (if you check between them, Oshawott has been moved downward), but other than that I'm having trouble finding differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.