• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller

Its almost time
Maybe them legendaries' stories has something to do with genetics? I doubt that X and Y were not chosen at random as titles. Go chromosome X and chromosome Y! >:D

Genetics was the theme for Generation 1.

Anyway, they named them X and Y so the third version would be called Z, that way they could combine it with the "Generation Z" children that will be playing it, all to help further the Grand Orchestration (the real one).

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Anyone else instantly think of Princess Mononoke when they saw X?

Thank the legendaries I was beginning to think I was alone.

Okay, thoughts on the matter...

1) I totally see the X;Dialga resemblance.

2) Holy hedgemuffins but Y looks awesome.

3) I'm intrigued by the idea that this could be Norse-myth based.

4) For some reason my brain want to add a Life-Death theme to the Norse myth and DNA themes, it hasn't decided who would represent what though.

5) I want to say Dark/Ghost for Y and Normal/Psychic for X...

rocky505

I hope we get the names of the Legends in Corocoro next week. I don't want to call them Big Bird and Rainbow Rack for the next few months.

The Head Honchkrow

I love the "X" legendary. In fact, it's probably one of my favourite legendaries, overall.
It reminds me of the forest sprite in Princess Mononoke.
"Y" is great in it's own right, much better than Reshiram and Zekrom. I just love "X" that much more though.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Kyris

Thank the legendaries I was beginning to think I was alone.

Okay, thoughts on the matter...

1) I totally see the X;Dialga resemblance.

2) Holy hedgemuffins but Y looks awesome.

3) I'm intrigued by the idea that this could be Norse-myth based.

4) For some reason my brain want to add a Life-Death theme to the Norse myth and DNA themes, it hasn't decided who would represent what though.

5) I want to say Dark/Ghost for Y and Normal/Psychic for X...

I see X having either a steel or grass type. But I've been wrong before.

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
Er, about the cromossome things...

X and Y are also coordinates of a 2D plane, if I'm not mistaken. If the next game really is Z, it would become the coordinates of a 3D plane. Also, the game is on the 3DS. Think about it.

Anyway, on to the legendaries:

Y (bird) : SWEET MARY JANE IT'S A DEMON oh wait it's just the legendary. Anyway, typing will definetley be Flying/something. Although I REALLY want to believe that something is Poison, i'ts probably going to be Dark. On to the design... It does look quite nice, but I actually like X a bit better. I don't really know why though.

X (deer) : I started laughing a little when it came in. Why? Notice how it walks: It's tip-toeing. I'm naming this guy Tippy if I ever get X. Typing... Hm, I'm honestly at a loss for this guy's typing. I'm getting a Steel/Psychic vibe, but I'm not sure that's the true typing. To the design... Honestly, the less flashy Pokémon always captured my atention, so when I saw it tip-toeing snort calmly through the forest, looking up into the sky majestically, I liked it. Plus, the small X-eyes detail is amazing.

Welp, those are just my two cents...

THERE BETTER BE A POISON TYPE LEGENDARY IN HERE NINTENDO

Last edited:

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Im interested to see how the new legends fit with the story. bw was really nice. i hope they do an even better one for this.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

X and Y are also coordinates of a 2D plane, if I'm not mistaken. If the next game really is Z, it would become the coordinates of a 3D plane. Also, the game is on the 3DS. Think about it.

But then, there are DNA helices in the Japanese logos. Of course, there's no reason why it can't be a reference to both concepts.

Although I do agree that there should be a Poison-type Legendary introduced in this Gen as well.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
The Norse theme does indeed fit. The Stag is in front of a much larger Tree then the rest of them, so it could be the World Tree from the legends. The antlers also seem to fit with the rivers flowing out of em. The hawk is a bit harder if not just cause of its animal species, but its there. In general its either gonna be DNA, the XY axises, or both. I mean the axises fit as well cause of the correlation with the 3D aspect of the 3DS.

SimH8

Like them both, but I think I will be getting Pokemon Y.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter

Anyway, on to the legendaries:

Y (bird) : SWEET MARY JANE IT'S A DEMON oh wait it's just the legendary. Anyway, typing will definetley be Flying/something. Although I REALLY want to believe that something is Poison, i'ts probably going to be Dark. On to the design... It does look quite nice, but I actually like X a bit better. I don't really know why though.

X (deer) : I started laughing a little when it came in. Why? Notice how it walks: It's tip-toeing. I'm naming this guy Tippy if I ever get X. Typing... Hm, I'm honestly at a loss for this guy's typing. I'm getting a Steel/Psychic vibe, but I'm not sure that's the true typing. To the design... Honestly, the less flahy Pokémon always captured my atention, so when I saw it tip-toeing snort calmly through the forest, looking up into the sky majestically, I liked it. Plus, the small X-eyes detail is amazing.

Welp, those are just my two cents...

THERE BETTER BE A POISON TYPE LEGENDARY IN HERE NINTENDO
actually Y being flying/poison sounds good. there isn't any poison legendary yet.

now thay you mention X is tip-toeing, it reminds me of arceus, well it could be unrelated. this makes X resembling cobalion, virizion, sawsbuck, dialga, and arceus.

i will definitely get both but i will get Y first since i personally like the Y-bird more. will save up money for X later.

ziakra

So Zetta Slow!
Looking at the bottom part of Y... you can see vein-like thingies branching out by threes. X's horn/antlers seem to split by twos.
Kinda cool since the letter Y has three ends and X looks like two splitting out from two.

I'm guessing they're related to the branching out of pokemon species.
Oh, and I'm also guessing that X is part water type (just because it's blue) and I can imagine it drinking from a river and X forms of its reflection.

EDIT: Since the talk about an eagle, a stag and a dragon... I think it's not that difficult for the dragon to be a Z

Last edited:

co918

Just a thought, you know how heatran was a gendered legend? Well with the possible (and probable) link to the whole X and Y chromosomes, maybe the two legends will be gendered? Y being male and X being female?
Also, the first thing I thought when I saw X was someone fused dialga with sawsbuck :p

kadabrium

I generally agree to the Norse reference.
X is most probably Eikþyrnir, which gives nourishment to all the waters of Æsir' domain through its horn.
Y could be Víðófnir, or less probably Veðrfölnir or Hræsvelgr. Víðófnir is the rooster that bring returning life with winds in the domian of Vanir.

When it comes to Z, only a zigzag form can be implied, and that may well be Jörmungandr the World Serpent, or even Níðhöggr the serpent at the other end of the World Tree than Eikþyrnir and Víðófnir.

Firebrand

Indomitable
One cannot simply not call the X legendary the Forest Spirit or the Night Walker.

Skycross

Yeah, I'll be honest... I'm liking Y much better than X. I mean, we just saw a huge flush of Deer like Pokemon from Gen V. Well, either way they both seem quite interesting.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Just a thought, you know how heatran was a gendered legend? Well with the possible (and probable) link to the whole X and Y chromosomes, maybe the two legends will be gendered? Y being male and X being female?
Also, the first thing I thought when I saw X was someone fused dialga with sawsbuck :p

...What is this, boys Vs girls? lol

Okay seirously, the designs are interesting, and I like the X and Y idea over all.

Y looks badass >3

everylooks awesome so far. I just want to see the symbolism and such...Its gonna be awesome. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.