• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hen da man

The man...
Ah ok, my bad :p

I really love Xerneas' design. It just looks great! I don't really see it as a Fairy type though... Steel/Grass would be good but if there was a Light type instead of Fairy or whatever I reckon it looks like it would suit Steel/Light.

storm12

Weather Bearer
It's not just pearls and the ocean, it's a lot more in depth.

Water is life, all life on earth holds aquatic origins, life on earth (technically) came from space as single cell organisms. The ocean is vast and spacious... outer space is vast and spacious.

I agree that Palkia looks more like a psychic-type and that Lugia should have always been part water. But I'm fine with Palkia's water typing and I think it makes enough sense and has some educational value to it.

I can see that actually, I guess I overlooked any depth immediately- though it is going a bit far from the pokemon itself to justify the type.

Unovian

Just going to drop my predictions in here....

Xerneas: Steel/psychic
Yvetal: Dark/Flying

... and run away before anybody sees me. *dashes away*

storm12

Weather Bearer
Does anyone know what's become of the extra parts of Coro Coro that had pictures of Xerneas and Yveltal on it? It looked like it could potentially have more information, so why are there no scans of that- what is the point of someone 'leaking' those parts of the pages but not others. GRRR

RoySceptile

Bakaner
(10:30 PM) - We just noticed this, but the filename for Mewtwo's new forme on the official Pokemon movie website is http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/img/pokemon/long/info/infoM2x.png. M2X = Mewtwo X, so maybe there's a Mewtwo Y? Regular Mewtwo's filename is infoM2.png, so the "x" was obviously added on purpose for the form's filename.

From Pokebeach.

What do you guys think? Is there really another Mewtwo forme?

Just read that; I think it would be quite interesting if there were two new forms.
It'd be kind of strange if they only made one for X (if that is what the 'x' stands for).

Really hoping this is true.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I could potentially understand why this region and this region only, has heralded a new form or forms for Mewtwo- namely, since the third generation and Deoxys Gamefreak have unabashedly become infatuated with these two(or three, or four....)-for-one pokemon. Look at the joke that is Keldeo's resolute form- a single move, justifies a slighty different appearance, justifying a promotional event or whatever to justify a negligibly interesting change to the design- no change in stats, type- simply appearance. Mind boggling. Yes, it might represent the maturing of a young pokemon or whatever- but couldn't this best have been served by an evolution- an interesting one considering it would be the first Legendary to have an evolution. Why a form? WHY? Because Gamefreak just loves forms.

Secondly, the rumors of the importance that DNA may play in this Generation, would be a good point (if it is a good point or even if there is any point at all) to revisit a genetically altered pokemon- despite the fact that it is already incredibly powerful and the new form does not appear (we can only speculate, as they are being so scant with the details of this pointless creation) to have any noticeable difference in type, or a move towards defense . It just looks like Mewtwo, but different. What is even the point?!

A second form or even a third wouldn't surprise me, especially if they are equally pointless and only aesthetic changes.

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
(10:30 PM) - We just noticed this, but the filename for Mewtwo's new forme on the official Pokemon movie website is http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/img/pokemon/long/info/infoM2x.png. M2X = Mewtwo X, so maybe there's a Mewtwo Y? Regular Mewtwo's filename is infoM2.png, so the "x" was obviously added on purpose for the form's filename.

From Pokebeach.

What do you guys think? Is there really another Mewtwo forme?

if you're talking about the X in that picture, that's just to close the window

RoySceptile

Bakaner
It's not that; the name of the file is 'M2x' which people say means 'Mewtwo X'.

Edit: Ninja'd

adamfitz

poké-lover
My hope for a legendary pokemon this gen is deffinitly one that stays true to the meaning
I mean by some way making it extremely hard to catch or something
Just something iv allways wanted but its just me

storm12

Weather Bearer
ohhhhh interesting. Hmmm don't really think there is any significance to it to be honest. Doing version based forms would be stupid.
(no black kyurem and white kyurem don't count because you can get either in each game)

This always seems douchey, but I had too:

Deoxys says hi. Tbh, would you really put it past them?

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
ohhhhh interesting. Hmmm don't really think there is any significance to it to be honest. Doing version based forms would be stupid.
(no black kyurem and white kyurem don't count because you can get either in each game)

I honestly that would be great...i really like another Mewtwo Form..

Just read that; I think it would be quite interesting if there were two new forms.
It'd be kind of strange if they only made one for X (if that is what the 'x' stands for).

Really hoping this is true.

I'm very doubtful, if there were going to be 2 version exclusive mewtwo forms, they would have been released together.

+ The "Newtwo" form has already been highlighted in the movie.

The x is likely just a placeholder to differentiate the file name from the original mewtwo file.

Yveltal96

A little more human
This always seems douchey, but I had too:

Deoxys says hi. Tbh, would you really put it past them?

deoxys isn't version exclusive bro
also like your boss said, it's mewtwo's awakening not awakenings
and, has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, the x is just there to hide the forms real form name?

RoySceptile

Bakaner
deoxys isn't version exclusive bro
also like your boss said, it's mewtwo's awakening not awakenings
and, has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, the x is just there to hide the forms real form name?

That's a possibility, yeah.
We'll just have to wait for news/the movie.

Alli

deoxys isn't version exclusive

Actually, it was. In the different 3rd gen games you could only have 1 forme of Deoxys. If I recall correctly it would even change forme when traded, so you could only have 1 Deoxys forme in each game. They changed this in 4th gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.