• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

A dragon being the Z. What also has a Dragon and a Z? People will start bickering that Pokemon copied it now too lol

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
I am in love (figuratively) with X. That has to be the most beautiful Pokemon I've ever seen. Looks like I'm getting Pokemon X version. :D

Me too! They both have different tones... X seems to be more of a serene creature whereas Y seems more aggressive and vicious. I don't know if it's just me that feels that way. I'd love to have them both legendaries but I think I'll be getting Pokemon X.

Ditto B1tch

As the theme of Gen 6 seems to be DNA, maybe we will have a lot of explanations to our suppositions.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
I actually find the X legendary more awesome than the Y one, simply because I was instantly reminded of the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke. But the Y one is pretty awesome, too. I'd say this is one of the few gens I've come across where I like both of them as closely as I do right now. :)

Flame Mistress

I like X better. It seems much more elegant and graceful.

Also, X and Y aren't the confirmed names for the Legendaries, right...?

Ver-mont

I like X better. It seems much more elegant and graceful.

Also, X and Y aren't the confirmed names for the Legendaries, right...?

No, just codenames because we need to call them something haha

Though some people are saying they'd like the names to really be X and Y.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
i doubt it. That might just hinge on a kanto repeat since kanto was based on genetics.

Kanto was only tangentially based on genetics. If anything, it was based on science as a whole or, from a comparative standpoint with regard to the later Generations, not really based on anything. This region could see a more devoted focus toward genetics and chromosomes and could actually solidify those concepts as a part of the story as opposed to relegating them to the vague backgrounds of two irrelevant Legendaries.

EDIT: I'm two posts late in saying this, but it looks like I broke 2000. Not really loving the Bonsly/Pichu thing, however...

Last edited:

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
The deer kinda reminds me of the Swords of Justice (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo). Maybe it could be the "boss" of the swords of justice, kinda like Regigigas is the boss of the regi trio and yet comes from a different region and generation.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
The deer kinda reminds me of the Swords of Justice (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo). Maybe it could be the "boss" of the swords of justice, kinda like Regigigas is the boss of the regi trio and yet comes from a different region and generation.

sword of justice ? i thought they were called musketeer trio ?

Edit - oh yeah the group with keldo is called sword of justice my bad :p

The Stag legendary is srsly a Stantler evolution come on guys.

They both look pretty freaking awesome IMO, but the Stag has to shade it for me (even if I was too retarded to realise that the two of them are modeled on x and y). Love his/hermulticoloured menagerie of horns.

Ver-mont

I think Cobalion is their leader, just like Athos is the leader of the musketeers.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
sword of justice ? i thought they were called musketeer trio ?

Edit - oh yeah the group with keldo is called sword of justice my bad :p

Even the group without Keldeo is called "the Swords of Justice."

Firebrand

Indomitable
i doubt it. That might just hinge on a kanto repeat since kanto was based on genetics.

Someone mind explaining this to me? I mean, yeah, Mewtwo was a genetic pokemon, but I don't see how Kanto was based on genetics. Just because the big legendary was based on a cloning experiment doesn't really mean the whole region's theme was focused on it. Granted, there were scientific and experimentation overtones, but on the whole I don't see how that makes Kanto a genetic themed region.

EDIT: Ninja'd

gliscor&yanmega

I'm kind of wanting them to be Psychic/Flying, and Dark/Ground, obviously the former would be for the on on the ground and the latter for the one flying(...>:3)

This way, they'd each have a type immunity on the other(X would have the advantage type wise still, but that's not unusual for the duos). However, I do have a hard time seeing X being a Dark type(Wanted Y to be Dark and X Psychic but that would make them a bit too uneven type wise considering neither of X's types would have any effect on Y).

I could seem them just being Psychic/Flying and Psychic, which wouldn't be that exciting to me but I'd still use them.

13_luckynumber

Is it just me or is there a really big size difference between X and Y? The bird looks huge while the deer looks tiny compared to it. Also, Y looks quite evil and X is the opposite. I hope Y would have sth to do with all the legendary birds from prev gens and X could be the master lf the muskedeer quartet.

D

Deleted member 298996

I really like the X deer, im going to get Pokemon X.

The typing of the 2 seem very clear:

The Bird is obviously flying type (maybe dark too?)
Some people think the deer is going to be ground type? Why? Its in the forest and its a deer... I really think it will be grass type.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Someone mind explaining this to me? I mean, yeah, Mewtwo was a genetic pokemon, but I don't see how Kanto was based on genetics. Just because the big legendary was based on a cloning experiment doesn't really mean the whole region's theme was focused on it. Granted, there were scientific and experimentation overtones, but on the whole I don't see how that makes Kanto a genetic themed region.

I think what they kind of mean is that Kanto had more of an emphasis on sci-fi science than the other gens - fossil reviving, Mewtwo, and a complete lack of any other themes to go with it (Early Installment Weirdness). The other gens are more focused on fantasy, which got more and more pronounced as the series went on (as evidenced especially with the differences in themes between Gold & Silver and their remakes), with more elaborate fantasy mythology and more of an emphasis on the Teams using said mythical legendaries instead of messing with science.

So I think people are saying that this gen might be more of a throwback to Kanto in that there will be more of an emphasis on the scientific and sci-fi pursuits and elements of the Pokemon world instead of the fantasy ones.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Is it just me or is there a really big size difference between X and Y? The bird looks huge while the deer looks tiny compared to it. Also, Y looks quite evil and X is the opposite. I hope Y would have sth to do with all the legendary birds from prev gens and X could be the master lf the muskedeer quartet.

Y didn't look very big to me. I'd wager that it's probably just a little bit bigger than a condor.

Also, I doubt that they will be related to any previous Trios (especially one as old as the Winged Mirages). It kinda... wouldn't make any sense at all, especially when they have the potential to craft an entirely new mythology for these two.

Oh, and while I'm at it:

inb4 "THEAS PokAMAN LOOK LYKE DIGGYMON!"

Status
Not open for further replies.