• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the new legendary Pokemon here for the 6th gen games! They are X and Y themed, as per the game names (surprise surprise).

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

legends.png

legend2.png

Last edited:

rocky505

I just get a Garuda Vibe from the bird. The legends don't seem as advanced looking like previous ones.

FusionKT

*cough*
I wish that the stag like creature looked more like an "X", like the bird does with "Y".

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I think we will see the X in that deer from a bird's eye view.

I also speculate that the X and Y in question refer to the powers these two have. These powers cannot be explained or described, so they settle for those two letters.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I really hope the names of the Legendaries will be simply X and Y. It would be really different from everything we've ever saw

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
I wonder why the deer has an X in its eyes while the bird does not have an Y.. :O

rocky505

It's possible that they could reveal the legendaries in CoroCoro next week.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Loving Y's mascot, it looks really cool.

So based on the Japanese logos, it seems this game's theme is DNA, but neither of the mascots seem to represent that theme very well.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Loving Y's mascot, it looks really cool.

So based on the Japanese logos, it seems this game's theme is DNA, but neither of the mascots seem to represent that theme very well.

I'd say their very appearances being based on X and Y (chromosomes) would represent the theme very well indeed.

Cydonia

What r u staring at?

Maybe they're related to life in some way, 'cause I don't think genetic modification fits well as a theme in a pokemon game. [We had it for mewtwo and partially for Kyurem, but basing a whole region on science..]

The bird itself looks like an Y.

Noticed that. But I supposed that on the other side horns + anterior legs of the deer could form an X!

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

I love both, Y a little more then X though, I don't find X really looks as "X" as Y looks "Y", I'm sure if it sticks out it's feet then it would. I'm kind of hoping they are just called "X" and "Y", but whatever name they have plan I'd be fine with.

Z is the logical third Pokemon to come, so long as no surprises happen, which who knows anymore. Although it seems DNA is meant to be the theme(Or at least part of it) for them, and I don't think "Z" has any part in that so not sure really.

Not sure on types, Flying would come to mind for Y, but who knows. I'd like something new, but something less used would be fine with me too.

Can't wait to see what's more to come about these and future ones.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

Well maybe the name X and Y are referring to the chromosomes, can't say for sure now.

Well here is high resolution images of those 2 legends,

[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/ejiqsn_th.jpg[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i49.*******.com/16h3gyb_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Poetry

Dancing Mad
The X Pokemon's head is extremely reminiscent of Dialga, in both colour and form. I'm still undecided on the Y Pokemon. Just doesn't look very Pokemon-like and that bugs me slightly.

Last edited:

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I wonder on what creatures or legend those 2 are based of ...

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Note that Pokémon Y seem to have visible blood vessel pretty much support the DNA theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.