• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

Well maybe the name X and Y are referring to the chromosomes, can't say for sure now.

Well here is high resolution images of those 2 legends,

[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/ejiqsn_th.jpg[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i49.*******.com/16h3gyb_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Didn't notice the X in X's eyes. I think that's pretty cool.

I can imagine their signature attacks would be related to X and Y as well. X-Scissor for X :3

FusionKT

*cough*
I wonder on what creatures or legend those 2 are based of ...

They are based off either the X and Y of dimensions or the X and Y of DNA.

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
"Y" has claws even on its tail, did not notice that before. Cool!

(Anyone knew that old fake pokemon game named "Pokemon Jade"? "X" resemble as its legendary)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The X Pokemon's head is extremely reminiscent of Dialga, in both colour and form.

Um... I may be missing something here, but can you give me a picture that highlights Dialga's giant rainbow antlers?

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
So based on the Japanese logos, it seems this game's theme is DNA, but neither of the mascots seem to represent that theme very well.

I have a different opinion on what the game's theme could be. Since during the recent trailer, the guy had focused on trading and connectivity, and add to the fact as the games will be release worldwide simultaneously, I speculate that the theme would have something to do with trading. The legendarily could hold a valuable that attract people into asking you into trading that.

ysmr97

I really want a better close up of these legends. We couldnt see them too clearly in the trailer.

The POINT wasn't to see them clearly -.-

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm extatic with the legendaries. They are much less "monster" looking than the rest have. Loving the stag or whatever it is! The bird thing reminds me of something off Kingdom Hearts for some reason....

Sarefan

Hylden General.
They are based off either the X and Y of dimensions or the X and Y of DNA.
I figured out the chromosome thing. But most legendary pokémon are based on legends irl.

FusionKT

*cough*
I have a different opinion on what the game's theme could be. Since during the recent trailer, the guy had focused on trading and connectivity, and add to the fact as the games will be release worldwide simultaneously, I speculate that the theme would have something to do with trading. The legendarily could hold a valuable that attract people into asking you into trading that.

Iwata focused on trading and connectivity to show how pokemon had evolved over time.

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
Note that Pokémon Y seem to have visible blood vessel pretty much support the DNA theory.

Good point.

Arterial blood is red, while the venis one is blue..

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Um... I may be missing something here, but can you give me a picture that highlights Dialga's giant rainbow antlers?

I am just talking about its head, excluding the antlers if you really want to get all technical and sarcastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil Read the first paragraph at the end, three creatures that live in yggdrasil are an eagle, a dragon and an stag. Two of which are the legendaries, so third could be the dragon. This is norse mythology, would fit in with europe theme. Also, norse mythology would be awesome, thor god like pokemon oh and don't forget the big thing in norse mythology. Ragnorok. Basically armageddon! Wasn't there an interview or something that said, the pokemon world would face a global crisis. Don't get more global than the end of the world!!

Kyris

Y has a very sort of, like...Fleshy look that is kind of unsettling. I love it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

That still doesn't account for the clear DNA theme.

I am just talking about its head, excluding the antlers if you really want to get all technical and sarcastic.

Even then, it's head isn't at all shaped like the Xenomorphic diamond that is Dialga's head.

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
The Yggdrasil mythology fits their design but.. what about the DNA helixes?

cookies kill you

Like a boss
holy crap Mandibuzz has a dad D:
the typing for now seems hrmm I'm going to go out of the box here and say that the bird is flying/psychic and that the deer is grass/dark dont quote me

Mokepon22

With all this talk of chromosomes & DNA I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Pokemon fusions :/

Legendary X & Y will probably fuse to create the 3rd member of their group...

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Even then, it's head isn't at all shaped like the Xenomorphic diamond that is Dialga's head.

Was I comparing both of their heads together? Of course their heads don't look similar; I was just noting that Y's head looks reminiscent of Dialga as a whole.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil Read the first paragraph at the end, three creatures that live in yggdrasil are an eagle, a dragon and an stag. Two of which are the legendaries, so third could be the dragon. This is norse mythology, would fit in with europe theme. Also, norse mythology would be awesome, thor god like pokemon oh and don't forget the big thing in norse mythology. Ragnorok. Basically armageddon! Wasn't there an interview or something that said, the pokemon world would face a global crisis. Don't get more global than the end of the world!!
Aah! Thanks for the info. And for the looks of a dragon, I think it will look a bit like Nidhogg from the AOM games.

Status
Not open for further replies.