• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
any speculations about their types?
Y is definitely a flying type and probably dark type to go with its dark looks?
X looks like a steel type(maybe because it looks like dialga) and probably a ground type too? flying and ground are good opposites, dark and steel are kinda related too as they are added only in the 2nd gen together

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The Yggdrasil mythology fits their design but.. what about the DNA helixes?

I'm sure that they could combine the two thematically, like how they merged the Yang/Yin and natural/technological themes of Reshiram and Zekrom together.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Mefista

I hate fujoshi
I really really hope that those two legendaries will have some sort of love/hate theme between them,and they'll create/birth the third one.

Shadow_Zorua

Triple Cherry Bomb!!
I kinda like 'X' more than 'Y' though. It reminds me of a cross between Dialga and a Sawsbuck. I like both of the legends designs though.

I feel like Y might end up being Dark/Flying just 'cause of the way it looks.

rocky505

I don't think they will go with a Z for the third legendary. Just think of how odd a Z shaped Pokemon would look

Hidden Power

When I saw the bird-like legendary I was like, where have I seen a horned bird monster before? Thought it was from either the Final Fantasy or Tales of series, but I finally remembered:

aquilamon.jpg

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm still not seeing the X and Y chromosome theme being represented with these two, though. Oh well, they're still awesome looking regardless.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Has anyone noticed how 'Y' looks alot like Mandibuzz and 'X' looks like a mix of Cobalion, Virizion and Swashbuck? and I think the whole DNA/Chromosome thing is too obvious, we need more information to really determine the whole theme here. What i felt from seeing both was that ; 'Y' looks quite malevolent and evil, look at its eyes! And X looks more majestic and pure. So i sense devilish colours vs Pure Colours. Of course religion is not the theme xD but I'm really excited for this! Its so cool, it got my friend back into Pokemon.

Ver-mont

I think I like Y a little more than X, but they're both awesome.

I'm curious about their types.

Mokepon22

I kinda like 'X' more than 'Y' though. It reminds me of a cross between Dialga and a Sawsbuck. I like both of the legends designs though.

I feel like Y might end up being Dark/Flying just 'cause of the way it looks.

It could be psych/flying...look at Gothorita, first time I saw it I thought it was a Dark type but turned out to be psychic :/

Kyris

Anyone else instantly think of Princess Mononoke when they saw X?

Et3rn4l-D4rKN3SS

I feel like I've seen these legendaries before, perhaps similar to some fakemon.
It kinda confuses me why the deer would represent X. The way they showed the deer in the trailer made me think it represented the letter Y due to its stance. It's kinda weird to make it have X pupils just to say that it represents X...they could've given the Condor an extra tail to make it an X shape instead!
Also, I feel that the ideas for these legendaries have been scrapped and revised. If these games were in production during Black and White, it seems like the deer has traits of sawsbuck, cobalion, and virizion. The Y legendary seems kind of like Mandibuzz.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
If these games were in production during Black and White, it seems like the deer has traits of sawsbuck, cobalion, and virizion. The Y legendary seems kind of like Mandibuzz.

I said that already :p good thing Im not the only one

Thriller

Its almost time
The Blue/X one reminds me of those creatures from the end of the movie The Dark Crystal when they restore the um, well, the Dark Crystal. And that's not a good thing...

That Phoenix/Y one looks really awesome, though!

cockatoo777

Pokemon Music Lover
Maybe them legendaries' stories has something to do with genetics? I doubt that X and Y were not chosen at random as titles. Go chromosome X and chromosome Y! >:D

x0MoMusica0x

I just get a Garuda Vibe from the bird. The legends don't seem as advanced looking like previous ones.

Garuda are always beast. just look in ANY game that features them; it looks good doesnt it?

As for the deer thing whatever, im not feeling it. it looks overdone with all that, but exaggeration is how you make some things look cool. SOME THINGS

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I am in love (figuratively) with X. That has to be the most beautiful Pokemon I've ever seen. Looks like I'm getting Pokemon X version. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.