• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pretty cool looking legendaries this time around. Bird looks like it might be Dark/Flying and the reindeer thing Water/Grass or Water/Normal (really have no idea).

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
I like the look of the legendaries, so far. I felt that with BW with the 2 mascot Legendaries they started to stray from Pokemon styleish designs. More "armor/robot" looking. They turned out fine but initially i got worried. Cause once Digimon started straying from the simple designs and making everything all Bot looking is when i lost interest.

I do not want to lose interest with pokemon, i have keep it going from the start and I wouldnt want the designs to start annoying me. But these look basic enough with a hint of "Legendary" ness to them.

It looks like they both have a Prism feel to parts of their bodies....kind of cool.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
you know it could be that Y is Flying and Poison or Flying and Psychic and that X is Grass and Steel or Grass and Dark

247Rain

It's raining 24 7

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
you know it could be that Y is Flying and Poison or Flying and Psychic and that X is Grass and Steel or Grass and Dark

I can agree with "X" being Steel type. Just look at it's legs, they look like those arms seen in Mecha anime that are really sharp to touch. Yeah that's poor reasoning but it's something. As for Y, it's typing could be Flying/Dark, Flying/Psychic, or Flying/Poison. The reason I say that is because it's obvious neither of these guys are going to be Dragon type, and derived from the designs, Y kinda reminds me of Gligar, and it's coloring implies those other typing possibilities.

I like both but Personally Y looks better but they both look great and a major improvement over Gen 4 and Gen 5's Main Legendaries

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
X legend runs across the ground as a deer.
Y legend flies upwards as a bird.
X axis.
Y axis.

I'm also calling pokemon Z version now, but I suppose that's quite obvious.

how do you know about Z version. everybody called for grey, but, it didn't come. dont get ur hopes too high. we might get an x2 and y2 !

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
From Yggdrasil myth:

° "The tree is surrounded by various animals, whom protect it, suck its life, or threaten it. On the top there's an eagle (X?), and between his eyes an hawk. Four deer leaping through the branches, eating its leaves: Dáinn(Y?), Dvalinn, Duneyrr, Duraþrór. The roots of Yggdrasil are tormented by various snakes, and among there's Nidhoggr (Z?), constantly exchanging harsh words with the eagle that sits on top of the tree."

° "Yggdrasill is the most beautiful tree in the universe that sustains the entire cosmos"

° " The Giant eagle is the keeper of the ancients secrets"

° ".. Deers constantly eating the leaves up to destroy the roots"

° "Nidhoggr's a snake who constantly insults the eagle on the top"

Although the characters of Yggdrasil could resemble these legendaries (the eagle being Y, one of the deer being X, and a snake being the hypotetic Z), and although the tree of life might be linked to the DNA helixes (life.. = dna), I still can't find this myth and that pokemon truly connected.
I mean, if it is like that, X is the bad guy - while Y is the good one. And it does not seem like that..

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Ya know what, just watch Trollfreak make them Grass/Dragon and Poison/Dragon.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I'm so glad we're done with Dragon mascots.

...I hope neither of those is a Dragon.

If they are norse based (which there is no evidence of so far)then their is a good chance something could be based on Nidhogg the Dragon that devours Yggdrasil ....
In fact if they are inspired by any European mythos it is very unlikely that there will not be a dragon, as yeah... name one culture w/out something Draconic...

in another note I'm hoping for some interesting typings such as fire/water ghost /normal... (aka typeings that are not overdone...)

Chimchar15

I just noticed the Japanese logos for the games have DNA symbols on them. I feel silly for not noticing right away. For the first time ever I think I might end up getting the secondary version as the Y legendary loos amazing. The elk is cool as well but man that bird.

I'd say we'll probably get info on these guys in the next coro coro ( optimism: or before =D)
Anyway, i think the theme is dna, but im not sure. Also typing really could be anything at the moment. X is the best looking deer in the pokemon franchise so far with those massive rainbow antlers.
I like Y too. Coloration is amazing, and those things on its wings and tail that resemble blood vessels. It is awesome.

Based on what we have, all i can say is I'm intrigued.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
One of them has to be Ghost/Fire or maybe even Dark/fire and the Deer one is still intriguing to me as what typing itll have since there are so many to choose form but I don't think many will be dissapointed.

13_luckynumber

Y is partially Flying for sure. Its other type could be either Dark, Poison or Ghost.

X is a big question mark. I can see it being Fighting/Steel; Fighting/Psychic; Fighting/Steel; Psychic/Grass or Grass Steel.

AphoticVoid

Pokémon Trainer
The Deer-looking legendary shown in the trailer looks, well... dumb. But I do like the flying-dragon type legendary!

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I am really digging those new legendaries. And they don't look like dragons, which makes me even happier. When I saw "Y", I thought "That looks neat", and then I saw "X" and thought "Great. Gonna have a bad time choosing between those two..."

And about their theming, I wonder how their story will relate to DNA. Obviously they are chromosomes, but I'm still curious about their story. And I kinda hope they do take it the Nordic route. I really wanna see how Yggdrasil would be implemented in Pokémon. And a story revolving around Ragnarok would be plain epic.

And am I the only one who thinks, if there's only one third game, it's name will be XY? I mean, it goes with the chromosome things... But who knows...

Ame

僕は音楽家 電卓片手に
I really hope the names of the Legendaries will be simply X and Y. It would be really different from everything we've ever saw

That would be a very interesting turn of events if it happened. I tend to nickname my Poke's very small nicknames anyway.

Man...

...i'm such a sucker for the letter X...

Status
Not open for further replies.