• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Now that I think of it, "X" was shown at the foot of a tree. So this may indeed be related to the legend of Yggdrasil somehow.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I rather like the Deer legendary, still not sure about the bird one though.

One thing that irks me a bit though is that they don't really seem to.... go togeather? Design and looks-wise I mean, you could always tell that the main legendary of the game went with it's corresponding legendary, these two just don't seem to match at all haha!

I am interested thinking both of them make up some sort of DNA- like the Deer has the atoms/colours of the DNA strand while the Bird is the Helix structure/curves of the strand itself.

I'd say pay attention to the X and Y logo of the Pokemon series, it seems to be very "forest-y" and I like the theory that perhaps the legendaries are supposed to reference Yggdrasil and mythology. There are the closest to the legendaries I could find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Níðhöggr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dáinn,_Dvalinn,_Duneyrr_and_Duraþrór

What's interesting is that Yggdrasil is said to have "branches (that) extend far into the heavens, and the tree is supported by three roots that extend far away into other locations."

Again, look at the logo, the Deer's branches could grow into heaven while the Wyvern has 3 root-esque designs that support it. Perhaps these two legendaries are guardians that work together in unity?

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Pokemon_X_logo_72dpi-506x440.jpg

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
maybe the X pokemon would be named Xilion or something lol

hellohoho

I think if X and Y legendaries can link to XY coordinate

X axis -> move left or right -> move on the ground -> stag-like pokemon

Y axis -> move up and down -> fly in the sky -> bird-like pokemon

and design them look like X and Y

I think if X and Y legendaries can link to XY coordinate

X axis -> move left or right -> move on the ground -> stag-like pokemon

Y axis -> move up and down -> fly in the sky -> bird-like pokemon

and design them look like X and Y

Game Freak is very clever..

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
Only if you notice what the deer do next.
It fertilizes the earth with water from its horns and incarnates life energy into real life forms.

Y is however not as simple because the interpretation would be entirely different depending on whether it is the Rooster or the Eagle. For the former it calls a creation-sustention pair to me, while for the latter might it become a birth\perishment duo

Are you saying that in the myth the deers fertilize earth? Haven't found it..

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Any predictions for possible types?

I think that Flying is basically obvious for Y, but X ... fork this is hard! Maybe Grass, but of it is it'll need something to set it apart from Sawsbuck...

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer

In Princess Mononoke myth, deers fertilize the earth in a sense. XD I don't know, X really reminds me of Princess Mononoke, and I'm pretty sure someone else has already said that as well. But yeah, like others have said, it's very possible this is related to the Yggdrasil myth.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Any predictions for possible types?

I think that Flying is basically obvious for Y, but X ... fork this is hard! Maybe Grass, but of it is it'll need something to set it apart from Sawsbuck...

Though it does seem obvious, but there is still a chance that it might not be a Flying type especially when we have had pokemons who looked like they could be Flying types but they weren't (like Flygon, Latias, Latios, Druddigon, Hydreigon, Reshiram, etc)

Though it does seem obvious, but there is still a chance that it might not be a Flying type especially when we have had pokemons who looked like they could be Flying types but they weren't (like Flygon, Latias, Latios, Druddigon, Hydreigon, Reshiram, etc)

I was thinking what if Y's Type was a New Type?

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
Nevermind, I've just found out that there's another deer in the norse mythology, "Eikþyrnir", that gives life.

So it could be something like - Y, the legendary that knows the secrets of the world - and - X, the one that gave life to the nature - . It fits in some way the dna thing.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I was thinking what if Y's Type was a New Type?

It's really, really, *really* unlikely that they're going to introduce new types in this Gen; the chart is perfectly fine as it is. Just trust their judgement.

kadabrium

Well I referred to your wiki page and it seems that the version I heard is somewhat confused with the Goat's myth.
Yes, what the Deer only does are like generating water to irrigate the land and shaping all those rivers and stuff.

but does that look even like a water type?

Status
Not open for further replies.