• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

i personally dont think its chromosones because thats a little complex for 10 year olds and thats the age group they target

The games have DNA as a theme regardless as someone pointed out there is a DNA strand in the logo.

X looks ok. Dont Know about Y thought. Looks like they've run out of ideas.

They haven't though.

trident20

ground types
ok the red one will be fire flying

and the blue one will be steel something

thats what i think

Darkfire98989

Am I even still here
I think that the red one (Y) is quite unique and clever, but the other one (X) isn't very creative, it looks like someone mxed a dialga with a sawsbuck to me. Though it still looks cool.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
i dont see how the deer one is "X"

The antlers represent the top half of the "X" (this becomes more evident when you see the English logo), and if you look closely, the deer's pupils are in the shape of an X.

Personally, I think it's one of the best-looking legendaries in years.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
they are pretty awesome. is there a y in the red ones eye?

No, but the fact that its entire body is in the shape of a "Y" more than makes up for it, IMO. ; )

@shinytaifood: Yeah, I really like Y as well - it looks so powerful and menacing. I haven't ever been so instantly impressed with both legendaries. Game Freak did a great job with these guys.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
The antlers represent the top half of the "X" (this becomes more evident when you see the English logo), and if you look closely, the deer's pupils are in the shape of an X.

Personally, I think it's one of the best-looking legendaries in years.

I completely agree with this, I'm hoping the other legendaries look great too! I wonder what other kind of legendaries this Generation will have, like how some Generations have a "3" Legendaries in a sort of Trio. (i.e Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno/Raikou, Entei, Suicune/Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf/Virzion, Cobalion, Terrakion [Discounting Keldeo] )

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I completely agree with this, I'm hoping the other legendaries look great too! I wonder what other kind of legendaries this Generation will have, like how some Generations have a "3" Legendaries in a sort of Trio. (i.e Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno/Raikou, Entei, Suicune/Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf/Virzion, Cobalion, Terrakion [Discounting Keldeo] )

Well, they're off to a great start so far, I can only hope that the other legendaries look just as good. : )

Since most people here seem to think that the mascots are based on the Yggdrasil myth (which I know next to nothing about), is it possible that a trio could be based off of the same thing as well?

From what I've seen from them so far, the legendaries look completely awesome and unique. The only problem I can see is that X looks part of the Muskedeer trio and Y looks like a Mandibuzz evolution, but I think this is the best that GF has done with legendaries since Hoenn. They've even persuaded me to get both games!

I like X more, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.