• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

illucio

The Illusionist
I like the X deer the most, his typing is the one that eludes me the most. I'm guessing Ground/Psychic Type or Steel/Grass. o.e.. Steel/Psychic?
The Y bird/phoenix looks awesome as well, I don't like it as much though :/ Reminds me of a last Gens bird duo. It has to be a dark/flying type, I see no other better fitting typing then that.

I loved Reshiram and Zekrom, and the new 6th gen duo/trio succeeded my expectations. This game looks nothing but pure gold so far for me.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
Also, since this is the "Genetic Generation" I'm speculating that some Legendaries may all have something to do with the certain duo/trio/quartet they're in.

I also have a feeling that we're going to have a Cat-Based Legendary as well. And since the Region is based on France, it may have some Pokemon based off of Animals that are native to that Country as well! :)

EDIT: Which reminds me, has anyone noticed that this game happens to be called "Pokemon X"??? Like how in the Anime and Gen 1 (I think) Lugia was considered Pokemon X.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

They should just have 5 legendaries, that's it. Too many legendaries makes the other pokemon look bad in my opinion.

They should just do however many they feel is right. After all, not everyone is going to think other Pokemon look bad just because there a few special ones added into the mix.

Not like there is even that many anyways, around 7-8% total Pokemon are Legendary, each generations adds about 1% as well.

Last edited:

Cydonia

What r u staring at?
I saw that people on P1 mentioned that it might be a game based on DNA, like X and Y chromosomes. But I'd like to suggest that the third legendary (b/c we know it's gonna exist eventually) would be a Z. Think about it:
-Z follows logically from X and Y
-The game is in 3-d, which is noted in Cartesian coordinates by (X,Y,Z).

Also interesting is the idea that Y can fly (it's up and down on a 2-D plane) and X and run (it's left and right), which makes possible abilities for Z kind of odd to guess.

The DNA is the only thing that is for sure. Look at the logos: http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/850/schermata20130108a21533.png

kadabrium

I saw that people on P1 mentioned that it might be a game based on DNA, like X and Y chromosomes. But I'd like to suggest that the third legendary (b/c we know it's gonna exist eventually) would be a Z. Think about it:
-Z follows logically from X and Y
-The game is in 3-d, which is noted in Cartesian coordinates by (X,Y,Z).

Also interesting is the idea that Y can fly (it's up and down on a 2-D plane) and X and run (it's left and right), which makes possible abilities for Z kind of odd to guess.

I was thinking of the Z/W chromosome system for birds, some fish and like that.

Although following the Norse clue there are not really two more characters to fit.
Only if they take both Z/W as simple zigzag shapes (which is absolutely cowcrap) and go for the two serpents.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Good job Gamefreak, you've done well. Both X and Y look amazing. I'm really torn between the two myself as to which one I'll get. We'll have to see I guess.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Am I the only one who likes the x one more? It's elegant appearance really gets me, filled up with them majestic horns. I'm assuming the X one to be psychic, and the bird one maybe dark? But that would give the dark one too much an advantage type wise, that barely happens. The looks are quite unique of both of em, yet not to complex. I hope that other legendaries in this generation are as good in their design and all give an unique twist to the current uber (or OU) metagame. Last gen's legends like the fighting trio and genesect felt kinda incomplete to me in their design, but if he other new legends look like this, I am gonna be amused. One more thing im wondering, is what their role in the story is gonna be. Their design differ allot, so It won't suprise me if their story lines are gonna be a little less on one line compared to previous games.

I'm probably going with X, because that deer is really, really beautiful. It somehow reminds me of Princess Mononoke.

kadabrium

Am I the only one who likes the x one more? It's elegant appearance really gets me, filled up with them majestic horns. I'm assuming the X one to be psychic, and the bird one maybe dark? But that would give the dark one too much an advantage type wise, that barely happens. The looks are quite unique of both of em, yet not to complex. I hope that other legendaries in this generation are as good in their design and all give an unique twist to the current uber (or OU) metagame. Last gen's legends like the fighting trio and genesect felt kinda incomplete to me in their design, but if he other new legends look like this, I am gonna be amused. One more thing im wondering, is what their role in the story is gonna be. Their design differ allot, so It won't suprise me if their story lines are gonna be a little less on one line compared to previous games.
Fire/Dark vs Water/Psy. problem solved

Cydonia

What r u staring at?

You know.. at first I thought "No way, the x one sucks.. definitely going on the y legendary", but I'm starting to think that X is deeper: it is spiritual, majestic, it has sort of divine in it.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
types don't really matter... remember kyogre and groundon? and lugia had water attacks to beat ho-oh too.

I think new pokemon have the worst design ever i saw.. but i hope the legendaries will have a better design and attacks..
The red legendarie is like a volcarona and a dragon fusion.. i think fire type with dragon and levitate.
The blue one i think is the digifusion of suicune + stantler or sawsbuck. water type and psychic maybe
Obviously will appear a green one like Rayquaza (Groundon = red), (Kyogre = blue) and (Rayquaza = Green)
maybe this generation will be the color + letters or words feature (Black and white aren't exactly colors)

I also think that the legendaries can be based on some of the 12 labours of Hercules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules
Number 3 Is a large hind with golden antlers, X
Number 6 Are agressive metallic birds, Y

Z could be any of the 10 remaining, but the most likely would be 9(3+3+3) or 12(3*2*2)
Number 9 is an amazonian queen with a girdle (boring)
Number 12 is Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the gate of Hell. (much better)

The reason I though of this as an alternative to the Yggdrasil theory is because Eagle-Squirrel-Dragon makes more sense there, as the Eagle is at the top, the dragon at the botton, and the squirrel runs between the two. This however leaves us with no eagle, and if Y isn't a dragon this doesn't add up.
The same source also says that "[t]he squirrel called Ratatöskr runs up and down the length of the Ash, bearing envious words between the eagle and Nídhöggr [the snake] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Níðhöggr

Dracia

Ok. I wonder about one thing.
X is the horizontal axis and pokemon representing it is walking.
Y is the vertical axis and pokemon representing it is flying.
Z is the second horizontal axis that completes the 3 dimensions. How would Z move? Swim? Teleport?

Z is the second horizontal axis that completes the 3 dimensions. How would Z move? Swim? Teleport?

I like that theory! Teleport seems to be the most plausible. I assume it would be a psychic type.

kadabrium

I also think that the legendaries can be based on some of the 12 labours of Hercules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules
Number 3 Is a large hind with golden antlers, X
Number 6 Are agressive metallic birds, Y

Z could be any of the 10 remaining, but the most likely would be 9(3+3+3) or 12(3*2*2)
Number 9 is an amazonian queen with a girdle (boring)
Number 12 is Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the gate of Hell. (much better)

The reason I though of this as an alternative to the Yggdrasil theory is because Eagle-Squirrel-Dragon makes more sense there, as the Eagle is at the top, the dragon at the botton, and the squirrel runs between the two. This however leaves us with no eagle, and if Y isn't a dragon this doesn't add up.
The same source also says that "[t]he squirrel called Ratatöskr runs up and down the length of the Ash, bearing envious words between the eagle and Nídhöggr [the snake] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Níðhöggr

I would render the squirrel as a 600 total legendary like darkrai or genesect.

Hercules' labors do not have any intrinsic relations..

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013

Seeing how Y's in the sky and X is on land, Z'll likely be in the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.