• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

So is the hypothetical 'Z' ersion people have been trolling about for the last five pages! :p

Not when you consider it's very likely that there will be another Pokémon in the game that would likely "represent" Z, but sure, it could not happen, and this could all be brand new and different, so we'll see.

I'm not talking about any games after Pokémon X and Y, I personally am referring solely to the possible 3rd member that is related by theme in some fashion. Unless it becomes DLC later on, there should be a 3rd member within the games that shares a theme, but not it's not confirmed, just likely.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Legendaries in this game. My wife has already claimed whichever game gets the deer because it resembles the guardian from Princess Mononoke. I also like the design of the Y-bird. I am curious as to what the additional legendaries would be based on the theories that are being thrown around.

I've heard people referring to X,Y, and Z as being reference points in the 3rd Dimension (3DS), so I'd be curious to know if there would be possibly a Legendary version of Porygon-Z.

I've also heard people refer to X.Y being DNA chromosomes, so I'm curious to know if maybe Deoxys might be obtainable in game without an event. Or maybe we'd come across the meteor site where Deoxys landed. Then of course in that regard, we've also been introduced to the DNA Splicers in Gen V, so maybe we'll be introduced to spliced legends.

I'm pretty sure Porygon Z exist solely because it's a corruption of Porygon 2 hence Z and 2 look similar in appearance.

xDWarrior

Note that Pokémon Y seem to have visible blood vessel pretty much support the DNA theory.

A blood vessel does not support this any more than the Pokemon having eyes or legs supports this DNA theory. Both are organic and thus stem from DNA, but that's the only way a blood vessel would support a DNA theory.

TrueGrit

Very Fenniky
All this talk of the legendaries of X and Y is gonna make pre-calculus a HUGE pain.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just left and returned only to find out that this thread looks like a science forum. XD
All the theories thus far are interesting, while some doesn't make sense.

How come both legendaries look like Y? Shouldn't one of them look like X?

Well, the stag has an X mark in it's eye.
And if you imagine it with it's legs apart, it will look like an X too.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
The deer probably looks like Y just in the trailer, normally he should walk with his legs apart and we probably will able to identify an X in there. Furthermore, X's eyes have the letter X in it.

blackterminator3

I have a feeling that the Legendary Y is going to be challenging to catch, but it will be worth the struggle. The X Legendary in honest view looks a lot cooler.

diakyu

I think the chromosome theory is not actual but the axis theory is actual. 3D after all. Therefore the third pokemon would be the third dimension(Z).
It's more the other way around. People are guessing X,Y, Z due to the axes. While we know the X and Y most likely stand for the chromosomes due to the Japanese logos having a DNA strand on them.

Cornwad

Maybe I'm obsessing over the chromosomes thing (the X and Y are probably more of a dimensions thing considering the 3D), but the X chromosome, general resemblence to Fallopian tubes, and nature vibe I'm getting from the blue legendary all lead me to believe it has a Gaia kinda thing going on. Maybe that's why it has all the colors from the older games, it represents the entire Earth.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I was almost thinking of Legendary X to be the bringer of life, and Legendary Y to be the bringer of death.

This sounds like an amazing theory and I don't think they've done that before. I hope they are based around that. Though what would the 3rd one be based on then?

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
You know what I am having trouble with? Working out what types the X and Y pokemon are....

I mean obviously the Y pokemon should be part flying but what else? I really can't tell. And the X pokemon is super mysterious. I don't want to start a new type debate but I am starting to think they might be 2 new types... (eek don't all jump on me haha!!!) I'm just saying! Maybe!

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
You know what I am having trouble with? Working out what types the X and Y pokemon are....

I mean obviously the Y pokemon should be part flying but what else? I really can't tell. And the X pokemon is super mysterious. I don't want to start a new type debate but I am starting to think they might be 2 new types... (eek don't all jump on me haha!!!) I'm just saying! Maybe!

Perhaps Light Type? X's legendary does have rainbow antlers which is associated with light.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If the Bird and the Deer are the legendary mascot Pokemon then, I'm sure many have said this already but still, thank goodness it's not more Dragon types. Platinum fan is sick of the legendary Dragon Pokemon. Like every DS Pokemon game that wasn't a remake had a Dragon mascot. Not that I mind, but I'm glad for the change. Thank you.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If the Bird and the Deer are the legendary mascot Pokemon then, I'm sure many have said this already but still, thank goodness it's not more Dragon types. Platinum fan is sick of the legendary Dragon Pokemon. Like every DS Pokemon game that wasn't a remake had a Dragon mascot. Not that I mind, but I'm glad for the change. Thank you.

Nothing to say they aren't Dragon types yet.

Perhaps Light Type? X's legendary does have rainbow antlers which is associated with light.

There will not be another type. It would break the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.