• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK Adam

What to put here...
I am liking the deer's X design better for now, but that could change once I get a better view of Y. Any guesses on typing? It looks to me like X could be part steel. Sadly, Y looks like another dragon to me.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Perhaps Light Type? X's legendary does have rainbow antlers which is associated with light.

I thought light also but people having been saying light type for years now lol but I really think this time it might be!!! It's been so long since a new type was introduced (gen 2!)

EDIT: I don't agree with the person who said another type would break the game. Dark and Steel never existed in gen 1 and they were slotted in perfectly fine in gen 2. Sure it would take some work but it can be done!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Nothing to say they aren't Dragon types yet.

There will not be another type. It would break the game.

Don't say that! Well at least they don't look like Dragons. Then again Palkia and Dialga looked more like armored dinosaurs then dragons so who knows?

RiRiGaGaLover

But anyways, I LOVE both of these guys from what we've seen so far. Deer looks like a KING, amazing. Bird is great too. I haven't loved both legends since like, 3rd gen.

blackterminator3

They'll both have the same catch rate... one wouldn't be harder than another.

I know they both have the same catch rate, but I kind of wanted a challenge. >.>

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Don't say that! Well at least they don't look like Dragons. Then again Palkia and Dialga looked more like armored dinosaurs then dragons so who knows?

Dragons and dinosaurs are pretty similar. Large reptilian creatures.

What do you mean? They could just change the Type match ups to fit in the new Type(s). It won't change it that much.

Yes, it would change it a lot. Everything would need to be re-balanced, attacks would change type etc.

Cornwad

If I had to guess just based one where they chose to reveal them, Bird is either part Flying or part Dragon, and Deer is part Grass or part Normal. Deer in all honesty kind of reminds me of Arceus mixed with one of the Three Musketeers, and Bird reminds me of Lugia mixed with Groudon.

StingrayKurt

I love the Y bird! He looks very stealthy and like an awesome condor! However am I the only one that thinks the deer just looks like a cross between verizion,arceus, and dialga?! I'm not liking X right now. The only thing I like is her color.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Dragons and dinosaurs are pretty similar. Large reptilian creatures.

Yes, it would change it a lot. Everything would need to be re-balanced, attacks would change type etc.

True. But dragons are magical :p

Cornwad

I love the Y bird! He looks very stealthy and like an awesome condor! However am I the only one that thinks the deer just looks like a cross between verizion,arceus, and dialga?! I'm not liking X right now. The only thing I like is her color.
Yo, that's what I'm saying. I'm not complaining though. I also think she looks like a generalized picture of Fallopian tubes. Totally a Mother Nature thing going on.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Adding a new type is for fun! That's the reason!

I just watched the video for the 20th time lol... If I really HAD to guess, I would say Y is Dark/Flying and X is Steel/Psychic or just Steel.... But I really think I'm wrong to be honest.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

Not really. When Steel and Dark-Type were introduced they only changed a few things. Magnemite and Magneton's Type, Bite became a Dark-Type move and that's really it. I could be mistaken though. Also, who said they have to change anything besides the type match ups? Why would they need to change the types of prior moves?

dman_dustin

It's more the other way around. People are guessing X,Y, Z due to the axes. While we know the X and Y most likely stand for the chromosomes due to the Japanese logos having a DNA strand on them.

I don't know, the chromosome theory doesn't make much sense to me.

As far as I'm concerned the X and Y are stylized because they didn't just want to slap colored letters on there, they wanted to make it slightly stylish. XYZ, actually makes sense in the context of what the game was shown to be about.

How do you get Chromosome when the games are in full 3D, and the legends represent X,Y, which would mean that there would likely be representation of Z, for the 3 dimensional field of X, Y, Z.

DNA would make sense for Pokémon however, I won't deny that, I'll give that to you. Just seems awkward to do it in this particular sense.

RE adding new types Gamefreak have said in interviews that they don't really have any intention of doing so because of all the work involved, the only reason Dark and Steel were added was to combat existing types which had too much of an advantage, namely Psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.