• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's interesting that Serebii says that X may be related to the chital. That is the axis deer (Axis Axis), and since there is an X axis, it would make sense.

I don't think this has to do with DNA. Despite many chromosomes being X shaped, the "X Chromosome" refers to the sex chromosome, and not the many autosomes. As pointed out earlier, not all vertebrates have X and Y sex determination, as birds have Z and W.

Luthor

It's interesting that Serebii says that X may be related to the chital. That is the axis deer (Axis Axis), and since there is an X axis, it would make sense.

I don't think this has to do with DNA. Despite many chromosomes being X shaped, the "X Chromosome" refers to the sex chromosome, and not the many autosomes. As pointed out earlier, not all vertebrates have X and Y sex determination, as birds have Z and W.

guess that means we'll know if it's based on chromsomes becuse there will be pokemon based on Z and W personally i think whomever suggested the axis thing is likely right given that these are the first 3D games.

Nvache0067

Gentleman

Still, it's impossible to deny the fact that the DNA helixes exist in the Japanese Logos. As such, im still sticking to the theory that they are based on DNA/Chromosomes.

waternate

Regarding event Legenadries. Because the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet the legendaries that they aren't found in the game will be unknown pokemon. We possibly can't say that the movie will have some unreleased event pokemon by the fans.

I'm not convinced by this- I don't think that the prior knowledge of Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect was because the DS was hacked (I can't prove this, but I know that I was aware of their existence a very long time before their 'official' release) We'll most likely know what the full contents of the new pokedex fairly quickly after the games release, events or no events.

As for the X and Y, I personally think Y looks cooler. I'd wager that it's a dual-type flying & ______. I'd like to think it'll be a new or relatively unused combination, I don't think we need another Dragon/Flying personally. So perhaps a Fighting/Flying, which hasn't been done yet?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Y looks kinda Dark-ish to me. Dark/Flying is the most obvious choice. Then again, Dark/Dragon was the most obvious choice for Zekrom, but it turned out to be Electric...

M-D

Could it not be possible that the 4 colours on 'X's antlers are a reference to the 4 main nucleotides that make up DNA? Adenine, guanine, cytosine and thymine?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Dark/Flying..that would be cool..Grass/Steel for the deer

But Dark/Flying and grass/Steel have been done already, unfortunately. :( So I think it would be best if these two had unique typings, like the mascots before it. Not sure what, though..

M-D

...wow.........

I guess its unlikely since they don't actually have colors, even if the double helix is always portrayed in varied colors to illustrate it. I'm sure if they were to do with that, they would just play it off as 4 different things that make up life, most likely some meaningless toddle about courage and loyalty etc... But it was just an out there thought if they are linked to genetics and stuff...

rocky505

I wonder how many more legends we will get. I hope not many live gen 5 and 4.
Well most likely a trio and maybe a 3rd for the 2 mascots so we have a possible 6, plus a few event ones maybe 2-3.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Can I just say that I HATE event only Pokemon? I really hope they don't include any in this game. They should make all Pokemon catchable in one version or the other.

Chances are that's not gonna happen but we can always hope right? I think they are trying to encourage players to go outside by doing those events lol

I completely agree..i hate Event Legendaries

It's so easy to get events now. They're all released over Wi-Fi at least once, if you don't have Wi-Fi or easy access to it by now, colour me amazed.

Regarding event Legenadries. Because the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet the legendaries that they aren't found in the game will be unknown pokemon. We possibly can't say that the movie will have some unreleased event pokemon by the fans.

I'm actually exited about that prospect, because there was never really any excitement whenever an event legendary was officially revealed. Now it will actually be meaningful.

The 3DS doesn't need to be hacked. We can read the code from the games without hacking the system itself, this release will be no different than others.

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
Woo! Really excited for the legendaries! They look so dam epic!

On a side note: Just saw the names-

Xerneas

Yveltal

They look pretty good names but my question is- How are these pronounced? XD

AceDawg

Multitype Trainer
According to the US site the x-deer pokemon is called Xerneas and the y-bird pokemon is called Yveltal.

CyBio

The Legendaries have confirmed names. Go to pokemon.com to see that the X Deer Legendary is named Xerneas, and the Y Bird Legendary is named Yveltal. Look it up! And it would be nice if this was on the main Serebii site.

Status
Not open for further replies.