• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeTimmy

Collector
Yveltal? Really? If this name is pronounced how we all believe it is - "Ee-vel-tal" - then this pokemon has the term "Evil" right in his name. Combine this coincidence with Yveltal's dark appearance, and I wonder if we're looking at the first pokemon villain.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Guys i just read in bulbapedia that this is the first time that the english names r revealed before the japanese ones.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
So my friend and I were talking, and we did figure out what Xeneas might be based off of. It could be based on the Nordic Eikþyrnir, a stag-like creature who kind of protected the lands.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ooh, names. People better get on finding etymologies and thus possible types for the mons.

That said, they look kinda tricky to pronounce, even with a guide. I fear this will be suicune and arceus all over again.

Suicune isn't all that tricky. Arceus is only tricky because of the ambiguity of using C. It can be a number of different sounds.

So unless it is confirmed to be something else I will stick to Ksernias, not Zernias

If you're talking about pronunciation then it's already confirmed as you would say Zerneas.

Yveltal? Really? If this name is pronounced how we all believe it is - "Ee-vel-tal" - then this pokemon has the term "Evil" right in his name. Combine this coincidence with Yveltal's dark appearance, and I wonder if we're looking at the first pokemon villain.

It is pronounced that way. Also no, Houndoom came long before it, as an example. There have also been many other Pokemon related to 'evil'.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
If you pronounce Yveltal differently, it shounds most of Eiffel Tower. Coincidence?

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.

I'm still going with my theory that both Yveltal and Xerneas are going to work togheter in this one, and for a "good" goal (like protecting something important). Like I said before, I would like the change of pace.

kadabrium

So my friend and I were talking, and we did figure out what Xerneas might be based off of. It could be based on the Nordic Eikþyrnir, a stag-like creature who kind of protected the lands.

But still they pronounce it as Z, although it should fit perfectly with Eksirnias

john90

I'm starting to believe we have finally got life/death legends.. I mean, we had earth/sea/sky, time/space/anitmater, yin/yang/wuji..Now look at these two new guys..One is a deer (peaceful animal) with long and branched horns (someway it reminds a tree itself) standing totally still with its bright colours in a pure green forest. The other one looks like a volture (known to awaits for other animals death) flying and crying aggressive in the sky with its really strong black and red colours (and also yveltal, seems to have evil in its pronunciation someway).. I don't know but I predict something like peace/war or life/death and imagine them to be psychic/grass or steel (cause there's that blue thing which makes me thing about armors) and ghost/flying.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Don't see how you can pronounce Yveltal like wifi or waffle, either.

I can kinda see it looking like Eiffel, if you switch the V to an F. But it's too much of a stretch, really. Those "switch letters and get something" things are really generic and can be used to get a lot of results, and let's be honest, it doesn't prove anything. If you're looking for confirmation for France in the game, just look a the screenshot with Eiffel tower-esque structure in the background. Way more reliable then "nonsensing" the names of the legendaries.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I'm starting to believe we have finally got life/death legends.. I mean, we had earth/sea/sky, time/space/anitmater, yin/yang/wuji..Now look at these two new guys..One is a deer (peaceful animal) with long and branched horns (someway it reminds a tree itself) standing totally still with its bright colours in a pure green forest. The other one looks like a volture (known to awaits for other animals death) flying and crying aggressive in the sky with its really strong black and red colours (and also yveltal, seems to have evil in its pronunciation someway).. I don't know but I predict something like peace/war or life/death and imagine them to be psychic/grass or steel (cause there's that blue thing which makes me thing about armors) and ghost/flying.

I dunno might be too dark for pokemon ?
I would like this change though. it would be really nice. Would provide a good story.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
How they hell could you look at that combination of letters and pronounce it at all like Eiffel?

Uh, easy?

Y = I = Ei

Vel = Fel = Ffel

Tal = Towl = Tow(of Tower).

Maybe an obvious connection or a subtle hint, but I don't think it's a coincidence.

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
Uh, easy?

Y = I = Ei

Vel = Fel = Ffel

Maybe an obvious connection or a subtle hint, but I don't think it's a coincidence.
Except in this case, the 'Y' is pronounced as 'Ee', and I don't see how you have managed to pronounce a Y as I...

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Uh, easy?

Y = I = Ei

Vel = Fel = Ffel

Seriously, you're stretching it way too much. He doesn't seem like a tower Pokémon to me. And more, they didn't have to give us this "hint". The tower (similar) appears in the trailer, clearly, so why draw those weird connections? Doesn't really make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.